NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-28-2013, 10:50 PM
Rob.ert Fra.ser

Default Hauls of Shame - Who is Peter Nash?

Peter Nash is Prime Minister Pete Nice of 3rd Bass. Here he is preforming on stage July 2013 in Brooklyn, first show in 13 years, see link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aijf-nq1Zgk

Hope you do well Peter because you owe a lot of people money. Maybe you should write a new song about pleading the fifth since you have firsthand experience. You can give some words of wisdom about how you got the gas face by pleading the fifth dozens of times in a civil lawsuit. I have a suggestion for you write something about your life experiences on your Hauls of Shame website such as your “American Baseball Archives and Wax Museum” in Cooperstown, NY that you used to own in 1995 & 1996. Your “American Baseball Archives and Wax Museum” had a large collection of old trophy balls and very interesting artifacts and memorabilia on display such as that 1853 Knickerbockers Trophy Ball that was given to Henry Chadwick, now subject to the lawsuit between Corey Shanus and Robert Lifson. Where did you get all those items on display at the wax museum? It’s time to tell all Peter Nash! After all you own the Hauls of Shame website. We want to know the truth! What about the 1854 Trophy Ball you had on display at the wax museum and then you sold it for $72,050 back in 1996 which was a record selling price at the time and now that same 1854 Trophy Ball is on permanent display at the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, NY. MastroNet wrote in there description that the 1854 Trophy ball is similar in color and lettering to the 1853 Trophy Ball that Corey Shanus bought for $161,992 in 2003. Mr. Nash, where did you get these items from? Corey Shanus should depose you and put you in the hot seat! What about the 1903 World Series baseball once owned by Cy Young and donated to the Brooklyn Elks Lodge #22 that you sold in 1994 and was recently sold by Legendary Auctions for $65,000. Where did you get that 1903 World Series baseball that was owned by the Brooklyn Elks #22? See Link:

http://www.legendaryauctions.com/Lot...y-Winning-Pitc

I noticed some of the items that you sold have BPOE No. 22 stamped on it meaning (Brooklyn Elks Lodge 22 of the Benevolent Protective Order of Elks). For example the Henry Chadwick cabinet card you sold in 2007 on the back of the cabinet photo it is stamped with BPOE No. 22, see link:

http://www.robertedwardauctions.com/.../2004/470.html

It’s interesting to note that Henry Chadwick belonged to Brooklyn Elks No. 22 and so did Abe Yager the sports writer that took over Henry Chadwick position at the Brooklyn Daily Eagle. Henry Chadwick’s cabinet card you sold has Yager’s name written on it and Brooklyn daily Eagle. Where did you get these items from? Why did Cy Young donate his 1903 World Series Baseball to the Brooklyn Elks No. 22 in 1953? Is it because this Elks club had a baseball collection and you bought it? Mr. Nash you go into extreme details about the items you write about on Your Hauls of Shame website so please write about the items mentioned here that you once owned. Intriguing minds would love to know the history of these items. If anybody else would like to know more about Peter Nash here’s a couple of links:

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/ite...tax-returns-ov

Peter Nash will be preforming with 3rd Bass at Warm Fest 2013 on Sept 2, Broad Ripple Park between 3:15 - 4:00pm Indianapolis, Indiana.

http://lineup.warmfest.org/events/2013/09/02/
Old 08-28-2013, 11:01 PM
Bill Gregory

This ought to be interesting.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:17 PM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

Doesn't Sunny need to post his full name?
Old 08-28-2013, 11:31 PM
Matt

1. Steppin To The AM was my cut.
2. That DJ in the video KILLS IT.
Old 08-29-2013, 01:01 AM
Ryan Christoff

Sunny just gave Pete the Net54 Gas Face.

-Ryan
Old 08-29-2013, 01:39 AM
Chris
Chr.is Ta.bar

it's crazy that Nash is such a questionable character and yet he has done awesome work on Hauls of Shame.

And, man, 3rd Bass did some great music back in the day.
Old 08-29-2013, 03:24 AM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjudge View Post
Doesn't Sunny need to post his full name?
I thought the same thing!
Old 08-29-2013, 04:17 AM
Rich Klein

Default Yep Sunny does need to

post his name. And there are many people in the 1st Joseph P coumn who need to do the same. I know it's a lot of work but Leon needs to add those names.

Actually Sunny did post his name in the long thread over on the auto board on Heritage which morphed into a new discussion. His name is

Rob.ert Fra.ser

Last edited by Rich Klein; 08-29-2013 at 04:19 AM.
Old 08-29-2013, 04:24 AM
Barry Sloate

You should also take Corey's full name out of the post.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:17 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
You should also take Corey's full name out of the post.

You guys are posting at 5 freaking a.m my time. I am snoring about then. Sunny will have his name in all of his posts (now). I doubt he cares but regardless it's the rule. There was no mandate in the first thread about every single poster having their name in it, but the rules of the board still apply. So I will be going back over that thread sometime today and adding names where need be. I will not mess with anyone's comments. The other mods or I don't tell people what to say or not to say.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:53 AM
Rich Klein

Default No sleep for you

Old 08-29-2013, 07:55 AM
pete ullman

I was up at 5!
Old 08-29-2013, 07:57 AM

I'm not surprised he was behind on taxes at one point, I heard when he signed his record deal all he really got was a box of Newports and puma sweats.
Check out my two newest books. One covers the life and baseball career of Dots Miller, who was mentored by Honus Wagner as a rookie for the 1909 Pirates, then became a mentor for a young Rogers Hornsby. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CV633PNT The other has 13 short stories of players who were with the Pittsburgh Pirates during the regular season, but never played in a game for the team https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CY574YNS

Last edited by z28jd; 08-29-2013 at 07:58 AM.
Old 08-29-2013, 08:22 AM
D@niel.P@trick.Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
I was up at 5!
Heck, by 5:00a.m. I've already drank 2 cups of coffee and written 3 memos...You guys are slackers....
Old 08-29-2013, 08:32 AM
Brendan Mullen

"get was a box of Newports and puma sweats...."

I'm surprised at the number of references to past 3rd Bass songs. Seems like a lot of people listened to them. No joke, they were awesome....
Old 08-29-2013, 09:04 AM

Awesome Album
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3rd-Bass-Derelicts-Of-Dialect.jpg (72.0 KB, 675 views)
Old 08-29-2013, 09:06 AM
John
J0hn McD@niel

The OP has first hand knowledge of Mr. Nash's trade and is quite the collector. I guess we can expect Pete to address this and many others any day now on his website. I mean after all Pete is all about making the hobby a better place right?

Nice to see Pete's trademark cane was replaced by an umbrella from the clubs lost and found, keep on keeping it real Prime Minister Nash..

Last edited by wonkaticket; 08-29-2013 at 09:09 AM.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:28 AM
D@.ve B@.ez

Def scam recordings? Hmmm

Here's a "where are they now" piece and Pete's in around 3:35 mark

http://youtu.be/eAZhBA1EBJA
Old 08-29-2013, 12:17 PM
Eric Shaeffer

I hope y'all are kidding about liking 3rd Bass. I thought they were completely wack, and I didn't know anyone else who liked them either. To me they were more of a gimmick than Vanilla Ice himself.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:40 PM
Matt

At least in NYC, they were nowhere near the joke Ice was. Ice was a clown with one hit that was a total beat bite off Under Pressure. 3rd Bass was legit with Gas Face, Stepping To The AM, Bklyn-Qns, and Derelicts of Dialect-- all solid cuts that still get a modicum of love to this day, whereas Ice's one song is played by not a DJ on earth, except maybe as a nostalgia laugh at a wedding.

Where I was (Bklyn and Manhattan late 80s thru 90s), 3rd Bass was more or less on par with say a Special ED, yeah they fell off the map but the cuts still get love. Ice went out as a gimmick sorta like Fu Schnickens and Das EfX-- though I cant lie who didn't bump Das when they dropped.

Cactus Album is just not put in same bucket as Vanilla Ice, least not to the hardcore hip hop heads I knew/know. But not all areas were feeling the same stuff, of course.

Not by any means saying Bass gets bumped with the likes of Gang Starr or even Masta Ace, just nowhere near Ice.

Last edited by MattyC; 08-29-2013 at 12:41 PM.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:54 PM
Al

Somehow I don't think this discussion was the OP's intent.

-Al
Old 08-29-2013, 01:02 PM
Brendan Mullen

Matty C, couldn't agree more. But Masta Ace???? Please replace Masta Ace with Eric B and Rakim.... Thanks.
Old 08-29-2013, 01:02 PM
John G.
John Gu.zik

I still listen to them almost every day. They had a short career, but they were legit.

My favorite song--Product of the Environment.

Derelicts of Dialect was a hot album.

(Ebbets Field/Dodger stuff in Brooklyn Queens video . . .)

N4: QUESTIONABLE AUTHENTICITY
Old 08-29-2013, 01:07 PM
Brendan Mullen

"Pushin' a drug, I can't understand, destroyin' a life for a buck in their hand...."

Kind of fitting for the post I guess...
Old 08-29-2013, 01:07 PM
John G.
John Gu.zik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al C.risafulli View Post

-Al
On Corral.net (mustang board), someone mentioned a Vanilla Ice lyric about a Mustang. It turned into complete discussion about his music and all his videos got posted and people started reminiscing about the 90s. Ended up being an awesome thread.

N4: QUESTIONABLE AUTHENTICITY
Old 08-29-2013, 02:43 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al C.risafulli View Post

-Al
+1
Old 08-29-2013, 02:54 PM

I may have been the only person who listened to the Dust to Dust tape until it waved the white flag. I still occasionally youtube songs from it.

3rd Bass was waaaay better than Vanilla Ice, they had legit songs and Steppin to the AM got a lot of air play around my hood, not just Gas Face and Pop Goes the Weasel
Check out my two newest books. One covers the life and baseball career of Dots Miller, who was mentored by Honus Wagner as a rookie for the 1909 Pirates, then became a mentor for a young Rogers Hornsby. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CV633PNT The other has 13 short stories of players who were with the Pittsburgh Pirates during the regular season, but never played in a game for the team https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CY574YNS
Old 08-29-2013, 03:42 PM
D@.ve B@.ez

Default Thread

Am I the only one interested the OP's reason for the thread?
Old 08-29-2013, 03:45 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by baez578 View Post
Am I the only one interested the OP's reason for the thread?
I will go out on a limb and say it is to expose what and who he really is, if that is the nature of your question (comment)?
Old 08-29-2013, 04:45 PM
D@.ve B@.ez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I will go out on a limb and say it is to expose what and who he really is, if that is the nature of your question (comment)?
More or less Leon.

Its interesting to see someone with 3 posts comes on here throwing out questions on how Nash obtained certain memorabilia... Implying he perhaps stole them or bought them way under market value (at least I think)

Then, interestingly enough, he plugs his next concert.

I'm guessing that's an attempt at saying he's trying to pay his bills with what little celebrity he has left?

Just seems that OP knows much more and wanted to make Nash sweat a bit.
Old 08-29-2013, 05:34 PM
Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpm0014 View Post
Matty C, couldn't agree more. But Masta Ace???? Please replace Masta Ace with Eric B and Rakim.... Thanks.
Oh most definitely EB and Rakim are in the pantheon-- among the greatest ever, right there at the top. My first gig was actually titled PAID IN FULL!
Old 08-29-2013, 05:40 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by baez578 View Post
More or less Leon.

Its interesting to see someone with 3 posts comes on here throwing out questions on how Nash obtained certain memorabilia... Implying he perhaps stole them or bought them way under market value (at least I think)

Then, interestingly enough, he plugs his next concert.

I'm guessing that's an attempt at saying he's trying to pay his bills with what little celebrity he has left?

Just seems that OP knows much more and wanted to make Nash sweat a bit.

Go to post #157....and there is so, so much more....this will help explain it...

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...=171957&page=2
Old 08-29-2013, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyC View Post
Oh most definitely EB and Rakim are in the pantheon-- among the greatest ever, right there at the top. My first gig was actually titled PAID IN FULL!
You need to stay on topic here, we are talking about 3rd Bass songs

PS: I could listen to Don't Sweat the Technique and Know the Ledge over and over and never get tired of them
Old 08-29-2013, 05:48 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonkaticket View Post
The OP has first hand knowledge of Mr. Nash's trade and is quite the collector. I guess we can expect Pete to address this and many others any day now on his website. I mean after all Pete is all about making the hobby a better place right?

Nice to see Pete's trademark cane was replaced by an umbrella from the clubs lost and found, keep on keeping it real Prime Minister Nash..

Yes he does.
Old 08-29-2013, 06:32 PM
D@.ve B@.ez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Go to post #157....and there is so, so much more....this will help explain it...

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...=171957&page=2
Thanks and wow!
Old 08-29-2013, 07:26 PM
Brendan Mullen

My first tapes I ever bought (all at the same time) were: 3rd Bass, Eric B and Rakim, and the greatest rapper ever, D.O.C.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpm0014 View Post
My first tapes I ever bought (all at the same time) were: 3rd Bass, Eric B and Rakim, and the greatest rapper ever, D.O.C.

Really, you didn't have to buy anything after D.O.C. because he said no one could do it better. That is some title for a debut album!

Last edited by z28jd; 08-29-2013 at 07:41 PM.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:40 PM
Belltown Vintage

Out of morbid curiosity, I youtube'd 'Pop Goes the Weasel' and 'Gas Face'.

'Pop...' is kind of catchy, but 'Gas face' does nothing for me. 'Stink Face' might have been more interesting.

I watched the Arsenio version of 'Gas...' and found that Nash's band-mates were far more charismatic and interesting, and they had some rhythm. In both videos I felt that Nash was the weakest link in the band. Was he the guy fronting the money, so they had to let him in?
Old 08-29-2013, 08:45 PM
Matt

I remember the first rap cut I really played to the tape wore out was Gang Starr's Wordz I Manifest (remix). It was playing on the radio in my pops' car.

That and The Bridge Is Over Live off a BDP tape. I also remember buying sick mix tapes on Astor Place on 8th St after getting haircuts downtown. That's how I first heard Eric B For Prez on one of those tapes.

Takes A Nation and Criminal Minded also were as large as it gets, alongside Follow The Leader, Paid In Full. And EPMD was right there, too.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:05 PM
Shaun Fyffe

Matt,

I knew you wrote Paid in Full, but didn't know you were a hip hop head (and that there were so many others posting here).

I'm more into 90s hip hop though - Smif N Wessun, Mobb Deep, Nas - still got love for the 80s crowd though.

Currently seeking Jackie Robinson cards
Old 08-29-2013, 09:33 PM
Matt

Mobb Deep is a personal favorite.

I'm also huge into Black Moon, Sean Price, Large Professor, Group Home, Jeru... I'm born in 76 so the 90's was primetime for me.

As to S&W...listening to Sound Buoy Bureill (the re-re-edit) right now!

"Now everybody wanna be Don Gaga..."

Last edited by MattyC; 08-29-2013 at 09:36 PM.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:40 PM
FredYoung

1st thread I ever read on Net 54 that makes me GLAD I'm old!
Old 08-29-2013, 09:53 PM
Daryl

Net54 members are a varied and interesting bunch.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyC View Post
Mobb Deep is a personal favorite.

I'm also huge into Black Moon, Sean Price, Large Professor, Group Home, Jeru... I'm born in 76 so the 90's was primetime for me.

As to S&W...listening to Sound Buoy Bureill (the re-re-edit) right now!

"Now everybody wanna be Don Gaga..."

Mobb Deep is great, I go youtube surfing with their songs all the time. Almost always start with Burn

I'm also big on the Clipse for "newer" stuff, but usually stick to the 80's-early 90's stuff.

The first Wu-Tang album will always be my all-time favorite. I bought that tape three times and played each of them until they broke.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:04 PM
Joe Gonsowski

You have surprised me John D. (and others). I thought I'd be the only one on the forum who followed early rap. I was very much into it as the 80s progressed and beyond. I was rather isolated from the music growing up in the Upper Peninsula of MI but became familiar with many of the groups through my complete run of RapMasters cassette tapes

Among my favorites . . . Beastie Boys (seen them in concert several times, sadly no more), EPMD, Eric B & Rakim, Doug E Fresh, MARRS (pump up the volume single), D Nice, and even some of the newer artists including Fat Boy Slim and others. Sadly, Columbia House took a chunk out of my OJ funds during my teenager years.

I apologize for the off topic reply but I couldn't resist.
- 19th century Detroit memorabilia and cards with emphasis on Goodwin & Co. issues ( N172 / N173 / N175 ) and Tomlinson cabinets
- N333 SF Hess Newsboys League cards (all teams)
- Pre ATC Merger (1890 and prior) cigarette packs and redemption coupons from all manufacturers
Old 08-30-2013, 02:13 AM
D Marvin

Default Leave it up to me while I be livin proof'

Wow I have to agree 100 % with Joe G. And I too apologize for going off topic but I Thought for sure I was probably the only one on the board who had a love for 90's hip hop. I'm born and raised in LA (USC grad fight on!) but my hip hop affinity was strictly east coast. Group Home/Tribe/LON'S/Wu/Helta Skelta. I have to say its a great and most pleasent surprise to know that fellow board members are hip hop fans as well as old cardboard junkies! Thanks Leon!
Old 08-30-2013, 04:26 AM
Barry Sloate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenAge50s View Post
1st thread I ever read on Net 54 that makes me GLAD I'm old!
+1 (I'm a 1960's guy).
Old 08-30-2013, 05:59 AM
Dan Bretta

I'm just hoping an East Coast vs West Coast feud doesn't break out here on Net54.
Old 08-30-2013, 06:55 AM
Aa.ron Pa.tton
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by z28jd View Post
Mobb Deep is great, I go youtube surfing with their songs all the time. Almost always start with Burn

I'm also big on the Clipse for "newer" stuff, but usually stick to the 80's-early 90's stuff.

The first Wu-Tang album will always be my all-time favorite. I bought that tape three times and played each of them until they broke.

IMHO, 36 Chambers is one of the greatest records (and I'm all over the place musically)....ever (all genres).

An AMAZING record.

Last edited by CobbvLajoie1910; 08-30-2013 at 06:59 AM.
Old 08-30-2013, 06:58 AM

Default Barry

60's guy also (college and HA), but today listening to Nina Simone and Robert Johnson