NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-11-2015, 07:11 AM
Eric
Eric

Default Clean Sweep Auctions show in KC. Any thoughts?

Clean Sweep Auctions is having a small card show in Kansas City this weekend. Anyone ever been to one of their shows? Is it worth the time? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 04-11-2015, 07:22 AM
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n

I bought a few items on their auction site. Some nice stuff for all kinds of collectors.

Here is the info on the show (copy/pasted it here)- sounds interesting- if it was in my area.

(formerly Adam’s Mark - across from Kauffman Stadium)
9103 East 39th Street Kansas City, Missouri 64133
(816) 737 0200
Sat/Sun April 11 - April 12 2015
9:00 AM - 5 PM Saturday
9:30 AM - 4:00 PM Sunday

Clean Sweep Auctions All-Sport Roadshow Presents its 13th Annual Kansas City Show - Sat/Sun April 11 - April 12

Clean Sweep Auctions All-Sport Roadshow Presents its 13th Annual Kansas City Show

Want to know what your quality autograph or collectible is worth?

BRING IT IN FOR A FREE APPRAISAL

About Clean Sweep:
Steve Verkman, the President of Clean Sweep Auctions, has been quoted as an expert in authenticity and pricing for vintage sports memorabilia in Newsweek, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, CNBC and much more. Clean Sweep has been featured on over 20 television programs throughout the country. Mr. Verkman has done work for the Nassau County District Attorney's office and helped to put a crooked seller in jail and also to organize an auction to benefit the county.

Concept:
The show is very similar to Antique's Roadshow. We offer free appraisals on all types of sports memorabilia, sports cards, autographs and also vintage celebrity, Presidential and historical autographs.

The difference between us and Antique's Roadshow is that the individual will have the option to sell any item outright or to consign any items to our auction.

The best part about this show is that there is no admission fee of any kind and we will never pressure anyone to sell an item. We provide an honest, free appraisal of all items that people bring with them.

Consignments:
We encourage anyone who has an item they are considering selling or putting up for auction, to stop by and meet with us. Clean Sweep Auctions offers national exposure.

* Free Admission *
* Free Appraisals *

Buying:
All autographed items, including vintage celebrities, Presidential and historical autographs
Baseball publications
Vintage sports memorabilia
Pre-World War Two baseball cards
Baseball, football, basketball and hockey sets from 1900 - 1979
Oddball and regional issues from the 1950s and 1960s
All sportscards from 1948 to 1972
Across the board, we are the strongest buyers in the industry
Old 04-11-2015, 07:44 AM
Eric
Eric

Default Thanks!

Thanks a ton for the info! I might stop by and check it out. Never know what you might see.
Old 04-11-2015, 09:05 AM
Danny Smith

Made the mistake of going to this last year. It wasn't a "show" it was two guys in a conference room at that hotel with some of their auction items in cases waiting around for people to bring in stuff to appraise and buy / get consigned to future auctions.

Unless this has changed its not really worth it in my opinion.
Old 04-11-2015, 10:06 PM
Eric
Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Smith View Post
Made the mistake of going to this last year. It wasn't a "show" it was two guys in a conference room at that hotel with some of their auction items in cases waiting around for people to bring in stuff to appraise and buy / get consigned to future auctions.

Unless this has changed its not really worth it in my opinion.

Well I went and sadly this was the truth. Picked up a catalog. BTW, their prices are quite fair. In my opinion at least. Waste of a drive across town. They did have a few cards for sale and I stress few. A 1951 Mantle that was as miscut as I have seen, a few 1952 Topps and a stack of T206, but that was about it. Was humorous to see an older lady bring in 2 1955(I think) Jackie Robinson and Willie Mays. I heard the appraiser say, Ma'am, I think these have seen water at some point. She obviously thought they were worth thousands. Bummer for her but humorous for me to listen to.