NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-28-2002, 12:25 PM
Administrator

Default Cabinet "reprints"

Posted By: runscott

I just had to do it. I finally produced a nice e95 reprint set and was so proud of it that I started working on my own t206 reprint set - I've created a "proof" set of 120 and they look great. My only rule is that they have to be made from scans of cards that I have owned. I'm including samples when I send out cards to buyers - I make absolutely sure that they are high quality but could not possibly be mistaken for the real thing (I just wanted something better than the Monster reprint set).

Next project - after many hours of practicing, talking with people at Michael's,etc., I've created my first "reprint" cabinet, and it came out Fantastic! I made it from a scan of a small newspaper photo of the 1902 NY Giants (sitting in front of a giant U.S. flag and banner, one I hadn't seen previously), blew it up, enhanced the image, changed the color to more of an albumen-type sepia, trimmed, glued to a mat, and even burnished the mat. As soon as I get a scan made, I'll post.

The beauty of this was making something nice out of a unique, but crappy newspaper photo. If anyone else has a similar project, please send an email - it costs next to nothing, other than time - I could make recommendations on how to go about it, or you could send me a scan and I might make you one for nothing (good practice). Thanks

Old 03-28-2002, 12:37 PM
Administrator

Posted By: David

A year or two ago, I tried for my own amusement to make my own cabinet card-- with a computer print pasted to a sheet of cardboard. I can't remember what the picture was of. It ended up looking terrible. Perhaps I should have used something better than scissors-cut brown corrigated cardboard cut from the side of a packing box. It made that NASA fake T206 Wagner look like genius art.

P.S. to Scott. I received a VERY large and detailed scan of the Christy Mathewson in Norfolk Tars(?) uniform from the woman. I will pass it on to you after she's disposed of the cabinet. Though I talked to her, I don't know what she plans to do.

Old 03-28-2002, 12:39 PM
Administrator

Posted By: HalleyGator

Can you start work on an 1894 Baltimore team cabinet for me??

Old 03-28-2002, 12:52 PM
Administrator

A woman with no little knowledge of baseball and none of Christy Mathewson, bought a collection of photographs in Oleans, New York (interestingly where John McGraw went to college), that contained this imperial cabinet card showing Christy Mathewson. It is beleived that he is wearing his Norfolk Tars minor league uniform, circa 1900.

Old 03-28-2002, 12:56 PM
Administrator

Fabulous Find!!!

Why can't I run across any old people who are giving away good stuff?

Old 03-28-2002, 12:59 PM
Administrator

David - You're such a joker - I'm sure if you attempted a "cabinet" project it would turn out at least as good as mine, but I'll make another one of the 1903 Giants and mail it to you - it's a unique photo as far as I know, and it's also got Matty in it.

Old 03-28-2002, 01:01 PM
Administrator

Old 03-28-2002, 01:02 PM
Administrator

I seriously almost get nauseous thinking about that deal - I had to delete my ebay link!

Old 03-28-2002, 01:07 PM
Administrator

[img][/img]

Old 03-28-2002, 01:24 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Trevor Hocking

Hi, David,
An amazing photo. What studio do you think did it? Is there any kind of studio brand on it? What do you think it will go for at auction ballpark? How rare is this photo?
Trevor
trevor@dlhstudios.com

Old 03-28-2002, 06:51 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Me

Is that a herpes sore on his lip or just a PD ?

Old 03-28-2002, 07:35 PM
Administrator

You know what a tar is, don't you?

Old 03-28-2002, 07:45 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Andy Baran

Scott,

What grade do you think your Giants Cabinet would get from NASA?

Old 03-29-2002, 09:19 AM
Administrator

I copy the newspaper photo and create a nice fake cabinet, then I cut out the newspaper photo and get it graded by NASA! The sublime beauty of capitalism...

Old 03-29-2002, 01:40 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie Vognar

I'd guess it's a printing or negative fault. otherwise, an injury.

I don't think I've ever seen a more beautiful face..