NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-28-2017, 06:35 AM
Greg Z@y@tz

Default RPPC Postcard Help, please!

I picked up these 2 RPPC Baseball Postcards at a recent auction. They were included with a batch of other postcards that I was interested in, but I do NOT collect baseball post cards.

I would like to sell them, but I don't know what a reasonable, yet fair to all parties, asking price would be.

That's where you guys come in!

Here's what I DO know...

The card of John Lutz mentions the Warren (PA?) A.C. (Athletic Club?) Ball Team on its reverse. The stamp box dates it to ~1911 if I looked that up correctly. I think that the card is trimmed.

The stamp box on the reverse of the PC of the unknown team dates it to 1904-1918. I enhanced the additional photo to show some details of the uniforms AND the doggie!

I realize that these are both local teams, probably, AND that they may not be worth much.

I would appreciate any information & offers for them that you would care to make AND I would buy anyone who offers some information a beer (or other adult libation of your choice) the next time that I see you as long as it doesn't exceed the value of the PCs!

Thanks for looking!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Baseball PCs 042.jpg (61.5 KB, 103 views)
File Type: jpg Baseball PCs 042a.jpg (62.7 KB, 102 views)
File Type: jpg Baseball PCs 043.jpg (67.8 KB, 102 views)
Old 04-28-2017, 07:04 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I collect quite a few RPPC's. Unfortunately those shown are going to have minimal value unless there is something specifically known about them that makes them more valuable. Those odds are about a thousand to one though....My guess on the 2 shown is around 10-20 bucks....total (and that might be optimistic). But that is only my guess. Others might know more. This one came in the mail yesterday, it was $22.50 delivered, which seemed about right as the uniforms are really neat and the manager has a nice hat on .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rppc.jpg (68.2 KB, 89 views)

Last edited by Leon; 04-28-2017 at 07:05 AM.
Old 04-28-2017, 08:12 AM
Greg Z@y@tz

Thanks, Leon - that's MORE info than I had. Like I said, I purchased them in a group with some other postcards that I am interested in. I will wait and see if I get any other info or offers, then I will try them on BST