NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

View Poll Results: IS the site now
Faster? 55 79.71%
Slower? 1 1.45%
No difference? 13 18.84%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-19-2012, 11:42 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Site speed?

Ok, we know we have the chat room to deal with but that won't be until next week. We believe everything else to be working. That being said we are now on our own virtual server. Do ya'll notice a speed improvement on the site? And lastly we can make this thread one that has any current, nagging issues. thanks again for everyone's patience. I would equate it to a minor operation that was successful. Painful but better in the long run.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:55 AM
Mi_ch.ael Bo,rk_in

Hi Leon,

first off thanks for all the hard work and dedication you and others put into this site. Your tireless effort make this such a wonderful sight.

Second, you probably are aware, but last evening I posted a message and uploaded a couple of pictures, only to find this morning that it did not post. Perhaps it was during the new install? Not a big deal, just thought you would like to know.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:04 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sports-rings View Post
Hi Leon,

first off thanks for all the hard work and dedication you and others put into this site. Your tireless effort make this such a wonderful sight.

Second, you probably are aware, but last evening I posted a message and uploaded a couple of pictures, only to find this morning that it did not post. Perhaps it was during the new install? Not a big deal, just thought you would like to know.
Hey Michael
First off thanks for the kind words. All credit goes to Steve Freed.man on this one. He put in hours and hours of work, late at night and early in the morning, to get it done. And on top of that he wants nothing in return. I can't recommend his company, Simple Auction Site enough. As I told him, what comes around goes around. I am sure good things are in store for him and his company. If anyone is looking for a good auction software company to use and host their auctions, they would be a great one.

As for the pictures, or posts, being posted and now not being there, as I mentioned before there was approximately 4 hours of lost data. That was mainly my fault for not locking the site when the actual migration began. Very honestly I thought I was going to be told when it started but wasn't...and it was too late when I found out. I did tell the new hosting company this was urgent so I guess they just went full steam ahead > I accept full responsibility for that and offer my sincere apologies to anyone affected. It's onward and upward now. It seems like the new hosting company is at the top of their game. I am super happy to have moved from the previous imbecilic maroons (sic) that were doing it before.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:06 PM

Seems faster to me, though I never found the old version slow.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sports-rings View Post
Hi Leon,

Hi there: Seems much faster to me. Also, although I did not report it (thought it may be my eyes!), the font had become smaller after one of the meltdowns a while back. The font has now returned to normal. Thanks for all your hard work, Dave
Old 04-19-2012, 12:49 PM
Jason Wells

It seems faster between loads and scrolling down for sure.Thanks.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:54 PM
Barry Sloate

Much faster to me...I'm out of breath.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:39 PM
Mi_ch.ael Bo,rk_in

Quote:
I accept full responsibility for that and offer my sincere apologies to anyone affected.
No worries or apologies needed my friend, thanks again for all the great work you do!
Old 04-19-2012, 01:57 PM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

Speed looks good, but doesn't seem like PM's are going to my email mailbox anymore.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:06 PM
Al

Default speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by glchen View Post
Speed looks good, but doesn't seem like PM's are going to my email mailbox anymore.
Yes faster! But also having the PM email problem also.

Trying is the first step towards failing, and failing is the first step towards success!

Life's lessons cost money Some lessons cost a lot..
Old 04-19-2012, 02:36 PM
Steve Freedman

Is anybody receiving PM's?
Old 04-19-2012, 02:57 PM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorrister View Post
Is anybody receiving PM's?
I receive PM's on this site, but a copy doesn't go to my email like it used to.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:38 PM
Barry Arnold

Default Leon

'tis faster!!!
many thanks,
barry
Old 04-19-2012, 08:05 PM
J@RR0D

Way, way, way faster for me. For whatever reason, the old site was slow as molasses on my computer. Sometimes it took almost a full minute to load a (pictureless) page.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:10 PM
Bilko Glasier

I voted "no difference" but now that you mentioned it and im thinking and watching it, its definitely a lot faster.

Leon, Id like to change my vote please!!!!!!
Old 04-19-2012, 09:33 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default thanks

Thanks for the feedback. The site really should be quite a bit quicker. As I have stated numerous times one of my biggest pet peeves is slow sites. As for the PMs we will address those soon. I am not sure of the issue right now..It could have to do with the migration to the new server/company but it's too early to tell......best regards
Old 04-19-2012, 10:15 PM
Brian McQueen
Administrator

When I checked the site for the first time after it had been migrated, I immediately noticed how quick the page loaded fully. Even before the problems with Global Gold's servers started several weeks back, it always seemed that the site would get hung up on certain images for a few seconds. That doesn't seem to happen at all anymore.

A big thank you to Steve. One thing that I noticed is that the migration was VERY smooth and very quick. Something we didn't experience with Global Gold. In fact, I was completely in the dark on whether or not the servers had been upgraded or not for over a week. To this day, I'm still not sure why they were unable to move our site from THEIR servers to THEIR other, supposedly faster servers. Made no sense to me, we never got a clear answer as to what the hangup was.

Another thing, Steve was extremely responsive. What very few and minor issues we did find where completely knocked out within the hour of reporting them. They're very up to par on customer service too it seems.

Anyway, hope you all notice an improvement in the site. Should definitely make this a more enjoyable place in my opinion!

Last edited by shammus; 04-19-2012 at 10:15 PM.