NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-17-2011, 11:44 PM

Default Looking for an ebay clarification

Ok, I know most 54ers will probably skip this thread but hopefully someone can chime in with an answer. A seller sells an item on ebay. It is purchased. Buyer pays with Paypal. Seller says he sends item. Item never received. Seller shows that he sent it Fed Ex and tracking shows it was delivered to the requested residence and the date and time. Item never arrived. Buyer files with ebay and escalates claim for resolution.
Now the question I have is this: based on other posts I have read it appears, to me at least, that merely showing an item was sent and having a tracking record showing delivery to a residence is not enough. $18 shipping for expedited shipping and you would think the seller would include a delivery signature request, but didn't. The seller, who it appears is an honest person with over 100 feedbacks and 100% throws up his hands and says "not my problem I shipped it and have the tracking." Buyer has over 7000 feedbacks and 100% says "the item never arrived, even looked in the bushes, etc."
What will the resolution be? Does anyone have an educated guess?
Yes I am the buyer so I am curious what will happen. The ebay protection plan is supposed to cover this and I know ebay supposedly sides with buyers who don't get their items, but knowing ebay, who knows?
Thanks in advance.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:51 PM
qu@n nguy3n

how much was the item? ebay requires sig. confirmation after a certain amount
Old 08-18-2011, 01:38 AM
Clayton

As soon as I saw "Fed Ex" in your post it made me think of how they ring my doorbell, and before I even get to the door my envelope is stuffed in the frame of the security door and the driver is already gone !!!

I guess my point is that Fed Ex can say they delivered it, but if you aren't there and they leave it at your doorstep any ol' snake in the grass can grab it and walk.

At least with USPS it makes it into the mailbox.

Sorry, I'm not answering the question- I apologize. I hope you get your item or at least a satisfactory resolution.

Sincerely, Clayton
Old 08-18-2011, 01:43 AM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

From what I know of the ebay rules, if the item is $250 or over, then the seller is required to use Signature Confirmation when delivering the item. If the seller did not use this, but only has delivery confirmation, then the seller is not covered under Seller Protection, and they will likely have to cough up the cost of the item. If the cost of the item is under $250, then the seller only needs delivery confirmation of the item. Therefore, if item is less than $250, the seller is no longer responsible, and will most likely win the case. These are really Paypal rules rather than ebay, but they are basically the same thing.
Old 08-18-2011, 02:42 AM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by glchen View Post
From what I know of the ebay rules, if the item is $250 or over, then the seller is required to use Signature Confirmation when delivering the item. If the seller did not use this, but only has delivery confirmation, then the seller is not covered under Seller Protection, and they will likely have to cough up the cost of the item. If the cost of the item is under $250, then the seller only needs delivery confirmation of the item. Therefore, if item is less than $250, the seller is no longer responsible, and will most likely win the case. These are really Paypal rules rather than ebay, but they are basically the same thing.
+1......it all depends on the amount.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:12 AM

Thanks guys I appreciate it. It was under $250 so, as usual, I am scrod.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:46 PM
Dan Bretta

I once had a package coming from USPS that had delivery confirmation on it and when I checked online it said it had been delivered...it was nowhere to be seen..I went down to the post office to see what the deal was and they contacted the driver who told me he put it on my front steps...I called the police who came over to my house to take a report...amazingly the package was delivered by the post office the next day.

My advice to you Bob is to contact Fedex...not sure how easy it is to contact your local Fedex..UPS has made it impossible to contact the local hub.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:58 PM
Brian Dwyer

Call the FedEx customer service number and give them the tracking number of your package. Then ask the rep (or a supervisor) to contact the local processing center that handled the package and to connect you to someone there. When you're on the phone with the local center, ask them to contact the driver for details. I had a package that was scanned as delivered but was nowhere to be found at my house and I was home at the supposed time of delivery. I went through the above process, left my phone number with the local center rep, and within 15 minutes had a call back with input from the driver. Turns out he misread the address and left it at a house nearby that has the same exact address as mine except I have 'East' and they don't. I was able to retrieve the package quickly with this info.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:26 PM

Default Update!

Although Fed Ex denied any responsibility for the fact the shipment never arrived and the driver claimed he dropped the package off, and the seller relied on the delivery confirmation supplied by Fed Ex, ebay came through and ordered the refund of the entire amount to me and deposited it in to my Paypal account. Good news for me , but it makes me want to use signature receipts on any future ebay auctions I might have, not just delivery confirmations, in the future as a seller.....