NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 08-31-2011, 12:42 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

For a modern player like Jeter I've gotten to the point where I either get it myself or I get a mfg-certified signed card [yes, I know they aren't foolproof either].

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 08-31-2011 at 12:43 PM.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:56 PM
Richard Simon

[QUOTE=Exhibitman;921697]For a modern player like Jeter I've gotten to the point where I either get it myself or I get a mfg-certified signed card [yes, I know they aren't foolproof either].

And let us not forget the dealers who also can say "I get deceased ball players myself."
Some of them have a conduit straight to the graveyard.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 09-27-2011, 11:19 AM

Default My experience with Piedmont Sports

I know this forum has been pretty inactive for a while but I just discovered it and wanted to chime in and share my experience dealing with Frank and Piedmont sports. I was the purchaser of Mantle Aaron ball discussed on this forum back in April

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=135030

I originally went to his store to sell him an antique football jersey I owned. He offered me $50 cash or store credit. So I looked at his online store and saw the ball for sale on ebay. I won the auction for about $45 so I just considered it an even trade with him. I picked up the ball and then started researching it a bit more which is how I found the forum discussing it's authenticity which I immediately brought to his attention. He responded saying he would track down or obtain a cert for it. After a few weeks he gave up on the cert but was confident that the Aaron was real and the Mantle clubhouse. He gave me the option of retrieving my jersey or keeping the ball. I found a very similar ball personalized to the same person by Ted Williams and also signed by Hank Aaron and Certed by JSA.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/370501097523...84.m1438.l2649

The Aaron Sig is almost identical so I figured they were signed around the same time and decided to keep the ball since $50 for an Aaron autograph on a Cronin ball was still a good deal.

When I went to pick up the ball Frank pulled a real classy move (no sarcasm implied) and decided to give me my Jersey back as well so basically the ball was completely free. To make the deal sweeter it occurred to me that if their ever was a cert for the ball with JSA as Frank claimed; that it would probably have been certed around the same time as that Ted Williams/Aaron ball on ebay. That ball's cert # is B88462 so I went to JSA's site and searched similar numbers. Bam!!! B88464 was a match (an Aaron Sig with clubhouse Mantle on a Reach ball). The whole experience with Frank was a bit shady but it taught me a lot about collecting and I left Piedmont a Satisfied customer. This forum is obviously discussing a much bigger issue but I figured I'de share my 2 cents.

P.S. I sold the antique Football Jersey on ebay for over $300 so I'm really happy he gave it back.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:00 PM
Dan Bretta

Windband, as per our forum rules you must put your name at the end of your post if you want to participate in this thread.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:37 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default just spoke to him

I just spoke to windband (poster right above) on the phone. Except for showing in a Google search he is cool with having his name out here, which is Dan Saltzma@....I appreciate his understanding. regards
Old 09-28-2011, 08:47 AM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Quote:
After a few weeks he gave up on the cert but was confident that the Aaron was real and the Mantle clubhouse.
Wow...and after several pages of going back and forth with me about how the Mantle had to be real because the Aaron was real and that some "real" Mantles looked like that because not all look like the fancy ones you see from shows.
I'm wondering how, after a few weeks of not finding the cert, he suddenly had the revelation that the Mantle was a clubhouse? Some things just make you go hmmmm.

Last edited by mr2686; 09-28-2011 at 08:49 AM.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:23 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2686 View Post
Wow...and after several pages of going back and forth with me about how the Mantle had to be real because the Aaron was real and that some "real" Mantles looked like that because not all look like the fancy ones you see from shows.
I'm wondering how, after a few weeks of not finding the cert, he suddenly had the revelation that the Mantle was a clubhouse? Some things just make you go hmmmm.
I find it interesting too, and hmmmm worthy, that someone who never posted before appears on the board with his first and only post, and states what he states.
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 09-28-2011, 11:27 AM

What do you find hmmm worthy? I'm not defending his actions I was just sharing my experience. He sold me the ball originally under false pretenses (that it was signed by both Aaron and Mantle) which is wrong but in the end he righted it for me. Obviously had I not discovered the forum or done much research I would have probably found out years later that the ball was not what I expected it to be and been really angry.

My situation was unique but in the end so is everyone's, if I had paid thousands of dollars for a Babe Ruth that was fake I would be livid. And potential future customer should be aware of his actions. He obviously has not reacted to this situation appropriately and after reading through this forum I have made a personal decision not to do business with him again in the future. But I am satisfied with the experience that I had with him.
Old 09-28-2011, 01:32 PM
Jon Canfield

Richard - I love ya and always appreciate your help, but I gotta agree with Dan (the new poster) on this one.

People find this board all the time by just googling and if we were never going to let new posters on the forum, then Leon should just close down registration right now. Hey, we all got to start with our first post somewhere, right? I see nothing fishy with Dan coming on this thread with what he said.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:10 PM
Richard Simon

There was a Southern philosopher who years ago said something about "suspicious minds" , I guess I am just naturally a skeptic when it comes to some internet forum postings.
Mr. S,,,,,,, if I am mistaken in my earlier premise, where I had expressed doubts about your story, then I do apologize.
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 09-28-2011 at 04:12 PM.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:37 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

In Richard's defense, he's not the only one who found the posting odd. The timing of the post was what stood out to me since another post had started up at almost the same time (questioning whether Mr. Prisco had re-dubbed himself and moved operations to eBay), which made me think this was meant to be a distraction. I only held my tongue because, as the gentleman's second post pointed out, he didn't paint Mr. Prisco in a totally favorable light.

Again, could just be coincidence, and my apologies to Mr. S if that is the case, but it did seem odd. Guess we're just a bunch of armchair conspiracy theorists...
Old 01-26-2012, 06:36 PM
Richard L.

Leon,
Or anyone, has there been any new info on Frank Prisco? Anybody found guilty in a lawsuit for typing derogatory comments on "swell" guy Frank? Dear Ms. Brown esq., Frank stole money from me years back, he kept my money and NEVER delivering the goods. I'm no expert on law but is it ok for a person to do that??

Richard Lapointe

http://www.psacard.com/articles/arti...tml?artid=6412

edited to add: Just curious, can anyone advertise a business on the PSA site as long as they're shown the money or is a background check done first? This is a serious question.

Last edited by nsaddict; 01-26-2012 at 07:21 PM. Reason: to include a question
Old 01-27-2012, 08:53 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsaddict View Post
Leon,
Or anyone, has there been any new info on Frank Prisco? Anybody found guilty in a lawsuit for typing derogatory comments on "swell" guy Frank? Dear Ms. Brown esq., Frank stole money from me years back, he kept my money and NEVER delivering the goods. I'm no expert on law but is it ok for a person to do that??

Richard Lapointe

http://www.psacard.com/articles/arti...tml?artid=6412

edited to add: Just curious, can anyone advertise a business on the PSA site as long as they're shown the money or is a background check done first? This is a serious question.
That is a very good question but I doubt that anyone here can answer it.
btw - that link now leads to a page that says "article not found" ,,, do you think maybe these guys read Net54?
That is what screen shots are for .
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 01-27-2012 at 10:37 AM.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:06 AM
Ke.n Su.lik

OK, it's been a year. Has anyone bumped into Frank or followed up on him? I see his site is still up, and he has some lovely Drew Max certed items up (ahem.)

Ken
Old 08-15-2012, 07:47 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
OK, it's been a year. Has anyone bumped into Frank or followed up on him? I see his site is still up, and he has some lovely Drew Max certed items up (ahem.)

Ken
That would surprise nobody but thanks for pointing it out Ken.
Ken, I hope that does not mean we will be getting letters from his attorney .
What will we do then?
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 08-15-2012 at 07:51 AM.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:40 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I accidentally got on some facebook page with him and it was a disaster. I was getting emails a gazillion times every morning and all through the day. After a few days I got out of that group. No more emails, thank God.
Old 06-29-2014, 11:07 AM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Frank just had a live auction yesterday in Philadelphia. He had many signed cards certed by JSA and a piece of memorabilia that I purchased.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (38.9 KB, 294 views)

Last edited by gnaz01; 06-29-2014 at 11:26 AM.
Old 07-01-2014, 04:20 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnaz01 View Post
Frank just had a live auction yesterday in Philadelphia. He had many signed cards certed by JSA and a piece of memorabilia that I purchased.
Philadelphia is a dangerous place for autographs.
--
Old 07-01-2014, 04:26 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
Philadelphia is a dangerous place for autographs.
Absolutely..........

Steely Dan wrote a song titled "FM.....No static at all."
Old 07-01-2014, 04:48 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Greg - put aside the fact that the autographs were authenticated by JSA, what did you think of the authenticity of the autographs that you saw?
--
Old 07-01-2014, 08:12 PM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
Greg - put aside the fact that the autographs were authenticated by JSA, what did you think of the authenticity of the autographs that you saw?
Richard, nothing big, simple stuff, Richie Ashburn, Whitey Ford, couple Yogi Berra's, but no big names. They looked fine and all were signed on baseball cards. Again, nothing huge.

Greg
Old 07-02-2014, 06:56 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Richard, nothing big, simple stuff, Richie Ashburn, Whitey Ford, couple Yogi Berra's, but no big names. They looked fine and all were signed on baseball cards. Again, nothing huge.

Greg
Thanks for answering.
--
Old 07-06-2014, 11:50 AM
Glyn Parson

Default Frank Prisco

sets up at black angus antique market now. It is located in Denver lancaster county PA. It is about 15 minutes outside of Reading. Did not notice if he has ACe stuff out or not. Just walked on bye.