NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 05-28-2013, 06:52 AM
Brock

Default Selling baseball lot question

Have acouple questions. I just picked up a lot of 124 signed baseballs that a person got signed during spring training in late 90's to early 2000's. 98% of the baseballs are mlb balls, some are stamped practice but still a real mlb ball.

There's acouple 2000 World Series balls and 1 1999 All star stamped Texas rangers. So I'm guessing they were issued for the games but never used so given to teams to use during BP or spring training games.

The players are just average players with acouple stars in the lot, most in good shape acouple faded. So what do you guys think would be a good way to sell them. Would someone purchase them at like $5 per ball or is that too much or low? There is a binder with most names in the lot but too hard to seperate all the balls to who's who.

Last edited by yanks12025; 05-28-2013 at 06:54 AM.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:15 AM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
too hard to seperate all the balls to who's who.
That may be your biggest hurdle is in figuring out who's who, although with a checklist and some time searching ebay for those players, you can probably ID most. If they're all MLB players, I think you could easily get $5/per if you sold them individually (would require IDing), and could probably still get that posting as smaller groups, though giving the buyer some idea of the breakdown would be tough without doing all the legwork first to figure out who's who.

You might be able to get away with selling all as one lot, take 1 wide shot of all the balls, several close-ups of groups of balls, and post the checklist. Just be prepared for lots of questions that may make you wish you had gone ahead and ID'd all of them in the first place.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:53 AM
Is@ac Le.vin

Well I am interested in who you have. PM me
Old 05-28-2013, 11:09 AM
Eri..c Hu.nt

I usually sell them individually and lot up the ones that don't sell. You will be surprised what people will buy if the price is right. I think ID'ing autos is fun if you have the time since it is extremely time consuming, but may not always be worth the price you will get for the item. I put the lesser names in my Ebay store between $5-$10 and they sell pretty well.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:14 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

Are they all players of that era, or are there some older guys (coaches, etc.) mixed in?

You might want to pull the ones that will make some $$ and ebay alone, then do groups of the lessers, just like Clutch said.

Ken
Old 05-28-2013, 06:03 PM
Adam Phillips

$5 - $10 Dollar balls you say? How do I find you on ebay?
Old 05-28-2013, 06:12 PM
Brock

I took some pictures of them if anyone wants to see them. But I'd prefer just selling them all in one lot(don't have the time to sell each one). There is a early josh Hamilton, 3 2000 World Series balls, 1 1999 all star. The list shows Boggs, Coleman, palmerio and others(not sure if there in the lot or not). There's actually around 130 baseballs in the lot. Boblee89@yahoo.com.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:31 PM
Jeff P0tter

Email sent. Thanks.
Jeff
Old 05-28-2013, 11:14 PM
John T.
Joh.n Ta.ng

Maybe you can post it on the for sell for baseball section too. Doesn't hurt.