NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on Ebay
Pre-WWII Cards
Post WWII Cards
Vintage Memorabilia
Babe Ruth Cards
Ty Cobb Cards
Lou Gehrig Cards
Mickey Mantle Cards
Goudey Cards
Bowman Cards
T205s on Ebay
Tobacco "T" Cards
Caramel "E" Cards
Vintage Baseball Postcards
Football Cards on Ebay
Exhibit Cards
Strip Cards
Baking Cards
Sporting News
Playball Cards on Ebay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-25-2019, 06:31 PM
ChiSoxTony's Avatar
ChiSoxTony ChiSoxTony is offline
Tony W.
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Southern California
Posts: 202
Default Wanted: Unique Nellie Fox Cards & Items

Please post or PM me if you have some unique Nellie Fox items to sell (or even just to show). Seeking rare items from his playing years, such as salesman samples, hard to find pins, etc.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
____________________________________
PSA Nellie Fox Master Set, Chicago White Sox,
Armour Coins & Autographs
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-25-2019, 07:20 PM
ChiSoxTony's Avatar
ChiSoxTony ChiSoxTony is offline
Tony W.
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Southern California
Posts: 202
Default

Leon, I think I should have posted in buy/sell/trade. Sorry for this. Are you able to move it?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
____________________________________
PSA Nellie Fox Master Set, Chicago White Sox,
Armour Coins & Autographs
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-25-2019, 09:52 PM
paul's Avatar
paul paul is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 988
Default

Sorry, it's not for sale, but here's a Japanese Nellie Fox. The auction house I purchased it from classified it as a 1953 JBR 27 Yamakatsu. I don't know anything more about it than that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Japanese Fox.jpg (81.8 KB, 84 views)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-25-2019, 10:04 PM
ChiSoxTony's Avatar
ChiSoxTony ChiSoxTony is offline
Tony W.
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Southern California
Posts: 202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul View Post
Sorry, it's not for sale, but here's a Japanese Nellie Fox. The auction house I purchased it from classified it as a 1953 JBR 27 Yamakatsu. I don't know anything more about it than that.


Thank you for sharing this. I’ve never seen one before.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
____________________________________
PSA Nellie Fox Master Set, Chicago White Sox,
Armour Coins & Autographs
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-25-2019, 10:28 PM
JollyElm's Avatar
JollyElm JollyElm is offline
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,133
Default

How about some background info for us onlookers. What's your fascination with Nellie Fox? Your favorite player as a kid or just something else completely? I find things like this very interesting indeed.
__________________
Check out my bucket(s). Virtually everything is available for trade:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706
http://s1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee404/JollyElm/
http://s1036.photobucket.com/user/elmjack44/library/

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-25-2019, 10:48 PM
ChiSoxTony's Avatar
ChiSoxTony ChiSoxTony is offline
Tony W.
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Southern California
Posts: 202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
How about some background info for us onlookers. What's your fascination with Nellie Fox? Your favorite player as a kid or just something else completely? I find things like this very interesting indeed.

Sure thing. Thanks for asking. I was born in ‘76 so I never saw him play or even coach. I’m a big White Sox fan and card collector, with a preference for vintage cards. My grandfather always talked about him and Billy Pierce, and that started me down the path. The more I learned about Fox, the more I liked him. Great glove. Hardly ever struck out. I started collecting him and have a lot of fun doing it, so I just keep going.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
____________________________________
PSA Nellie Fox Master Set, Chicago White Sox,
Armour Coins & Autographs
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-30-2019, 09:06 PM
whiteymet whiteymet is offline
Fred
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,020
Default Nellie Fox

Hey Tony:

I collect Richie Ashburn stuff like you do Nellie. For me the odder the better!

Here are some things I am sure you don't have, at least the first ones.

Hartland statue paint molds. Most of these have long handles in order to hold them up to a statue to paint whatever area the mold was made for. Nellie's Hartland number of 919 is embedded on each of the metal molds. Showing a few of the ones I have.

During the 59 World Series Hartland could not keep up with demand for the Fox and Aparicio statues and ran out of boxes. So they commandeered other players boxes and slapped a yellow sticker on top announcing they were 59 Champions! In this case they used a Babe Ruth box.

I have a few other things too, but no photos. PM me for my email address if you want to see them.

Best,

Fred
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (54.6 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3669.JPG (66.6 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3667.JPG (73.0 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3671.jpg (38.4 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3673.jpg (39.3 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3676.jpg (33.7 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3677.jpg (36.2 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3678.jpg (44.5 KB, 44 views)
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-30-2019, 11:33 PM
ChiSoxTony's Avatar
ChiSoxTony ChiSoxTony is offline
Tony W.
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Southern California
Posts: 202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteymet View Post
Hey Tony:



I collect Richie Ashburn stuff like you do Nellie. For me the odder the better!



Here are some things I am sure you don't have, at least the first ones.



Hartland statue paint molds. Most of these have long handles in order to hold them up to a statue to paint whatever area the mold was made for. Nellie's Hartland number of 919 is embedded on each of the metal molds. Showing a few of the ones I have.



During the 59 World Series Hartland could not keep up with demand for the Fox and Aparicio statues and ran out of boxes. So they commandeered other players boxes and slapped a yellow sticker on top announcing they were 59 Champions! In this case they used a Babe Ruth box.



I have a few other things too, but no photos. PM me for my email address if you want to see them.



Best,



Fred


Wow, Fred! Definitely things I have not seen before. Thank you for sharing these items from what must be a great collection.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
____________________________________
PSA Nellie Fox Master Set, Chicago White Sox,
Armour Coins & Autographs
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Many rare and unique items added to MSB Sports Cards website Myachelydra Football Cards Forum 4 06-03-2013 03:22 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:25 AM.


ebay GSB