NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 11-28-2012, 11:44 AM
Phil Garry

Default Negro League Cards/Collectibles Website and/or Book

Is anyone on the board interested in working on a project related to this topic? If so, please send me a PM or e-mail to: vguerrerobb@yahoo.com

What I am looking to do here is put together as comprehensive a database (inlcuding images) as possible of all known paper collectibles, ie - cards, postcards, photos, etc. for every significant Negro League player, starting around 1880 through 1947 when Jackie Robinson broke Baseball's color barrier.

What brought this idea to light for me was the recent offering of Negro League memorabilia presented by Hake's Auctions over the past couple of years. Many of these items were not even known to exist by most serious Negro League collectors such as myself.

Of course, the success of this project depends very much on people coming forward with items that they are aware of as you can't force anyone to disclose information that they do not wish to share.

Hopefully, some fellow board members will be interested enough to pursue this idea.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:04 PM
Belltown Vintage

As emailed, I'm in - posting here to let others know you have 'behind the scenes' support
Old 11-28-2012, 03:25 PM
Phil Garry

Thanks for jumping aboard, Scott.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:54 PM
J Stone

I don't have anything to offer in the way of collectibles but I can offer to host a website and provide some reasonably good web site management skills.

Let me know what you might have in mind.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:03 PM

I have autographs and examples of hundreds of Negro Leaguers signatures (many rare ones) so I could help in that way and some other items as well (photos, etc).

Rhys
Old 11-28-2012, 10:03 PM
Phil Garry

J. Stone:

Thank you for your response and offer My computer literacy is somewhat limited so assistance with a website could be a big help for this project, I will reach out to you when we are at that stage.

Rhys:

Your photograph expertise would be a big help for the project, thank you for volunteering. I will reach out to you once we have some defined parameters and we can discuss how best to proceed.

Thanks again for your cooperation.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:41 AM
Phil Garry

Thus far, we have 4 volunteers who are fully committed to this project. I would like to find one more board member as 5 is a nice size group, any more than that and it becomes very difficult to get agreement on anything.

Anyone else?
Old 12-05-2012, 03:03 PM
Matthew

I have nothing to offer in way of knowledge or items to share, but I'm becoming increasingly interested in the subject. If you plan on keeping a mailing list of any sort, please add matthewsmorgen@gmail.com to it.

If you need help with anything that doesn't require much knowledge, I could lend a hand, for whatever it's worth (I suspect little, I'm afraid).

Good luck!
Old 12-05-2012, 03:13 PM

Default Negro League

We have over 200 rare negro league items including scorecards, advertising signs, Cuban baseball cards, pennants, contacts and Negro League baseballs.

Nearly all items are in excellent or better shape and they date back to the 1880's.

Interested in learning more

Bruce Dorskind
BDorskind@Dorskindgroup.com
America's Toughest Want List
Old 12-05-2012, 05:30 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeefan51 View Post
We have over 200 rare negro league items including scorecards, advertising signs, Cuban baseball cards, pennants, contacts and Negro League baseballs.

Nearly all items are in excellent or better shape and they date back to the 1880's.

Interested in learning more

Bruce Dorskind
BDorskind@Dorskindgroup.com
America's Toughest Want List
I would love to hear from the other members of the Dorskindgroup. When I asked about 'black baseball' photographs about a year ago, you volunteered that you had information, but were very obscure when I asked for specifics.

I'm wondering if the other members of your group might be willing to share more specific information. Thanks in advance, to the Dorskindgroup. Any of you are welcome to respond in confidence, via PM.

You too, Bruce, if you are willing to be specific.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:58 AM

Default Gil Black

Hi Everybody:

I just thought I would let you all know that I get together with my longtime friend, Gil Black who pitched for the Indianapolis Clowns in 1956. If any of you who are interested in Negro baseball & would like to get together with Gil & myself send me a PM. we are in CT. the greater Danbury area, which is on the NY border.

Regards,

Len
Old 12-07-2012, 01:34 PM
Steven

Default I'm in

I woould definitely be interested in working on this project. Nothing of this type exists and there are many rare sets.