NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-11-2011, 12:06 AM

Default WSSCA card show in Seattle (Shoreline) WA, November 12th and 13th

The Washington State Sports Collectors Association (WSSCA) Winter Convention will be held Saturday November 12th and Sunday November 13th.

There will be 43 tables. A list of dealers and other show information is available on the WSSCA web site: www.wssca.net

The show again will be held at Meridian Park Elementary School in Shoreline, WA. The School's address is 17077 Meridian Ave. N, Shoreline, WA (about 10 minutes north of downtown Seattle). Show hours are 9-5 on Saturday, and 9-3 on Sunday.

There will be dealers with Pre-war cards, including Mark Macrae and Keith Schneider. Mike Brailey, Rob Adesso, Matt Sears and I will have two tables of pre-war as well.

I hope to see some Net 54ers at the show,

Andrew
Old 11-11-2011, 08:30 AM
Barry

Looking forward to it, as always!
Old 11-11-2011, 09:25 AM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewJerome View Post
The Washington State Sports Collectors Association (WSSCA) Winter Convention will be held Saturday November 12th and Sunday November 13th.

There will be 43 tables. A list of dealers and other show information is available on the WSSCA web site: www.wssca.net

The show again will be held at Meridian Park Elementary School in Shoreline, WA. The School's address is 17077 Meridian Ave. N, Shoreline, WA (about 10 minutes north of downtown Seattle). Show hours are 9-5 on Saturday, and 9-3 on Sunday.

There will be dealers with Pre-war cards, including Mark Macrae and Keith Schneider. Mike Brailey, Rob Adesso, Matt Sears and I will have two tables of pre-war as well.

I hope to see some Net 54ers at the show,

Andrew
Andrew - we will see you there. I have no idea what any of you look like, but I will be wearing an Astros jersey featuring a prominent former Yankee
Old 11-11-2011, 10:45 AM
pariah1107

Damn, supposed to snow 18-24 inches tonight on Snoqualmie Pass. Snow plows over the Veterans Day Weekend will not be available. Wish I could make it, thanks for the heads up!
Old 11-11-2011, 04:25 PM

Default WSSCA Seattle show

Hope to see you all there. Mark Macrae and I spent last night digging treasures out of the cave. items unseen by normal humans in millennia! stop by and say hello. it is always a great show.

if you can't make the show, visit us at:
Gasoline Alley Antiques
Old 11-12-2011, 08:11 PM
Curt

I wish I would have seen this before I went. I was there today. I saw you (Older M's jersey, right?) but I would not have known to say anything.

I was budget shopping anyway, so mainly just some cheap oddball goodies that are post war.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:25 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithlyt View Post
Hope to see you all there. Mark Macrae and I spent last night digging treasures out of the cave. items unseen by normal humans in millennia! stop by and say hello. it is always a great show.

if you can't make the show, visit us at:
Gasoline Alley Antiques
Keith, it was good chatting with you and Mark today. Here's a better pic of the Portland team we were discussing:

Old 11-13-2011, 07:05 PM
Br1@n L1ndh0lm3

Default Missed again

Well fellow NW Net 54'ers...once again I wasn't able to make it to Shoreline

Even worse I went on a long hike this afternoon with my daughter and hurt my ankle so I'll be down and out for a few days minimum. I dont recall ever getting injured at a card show over the years, although my wallet sometimes takes a beating

So what did I miss, what did you buy/ sell/ talk about? Please fill me in, make me regret my hike even more!

Brian L
Familytoad
Ridgefield, WA

Hall of Fame collector.
Prewar Set collector.
Topps Era collector.
1971 Topps Football collector.
Old 11-13-2011, 07:31 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by familytoad View Post
Well fellow NW Net 54'ers...once again I wasn't able to make it to Shoreline

Even worse I went on a long hike this afternoon with my daughter and hurt my ankle so I'll be down and out for a few days minimum. I dont recall ever getting injured at a card show over the years, although my wallet sometimes takes a beating

So what did I miss, what did you buy/ sell/ talk about? Please fill me in, make me regret my hike even more!
Well, I didn't know a soul there by face. Spent most of my time discussing PCL baseball with Keith, Mark Macrae, and another guy whose name I cannot remember, but he's the real expert on the subject. Also met a guy named Bill who had a lot of later stuff, but also collects T205's, met Rob from the board, and bought a nice E90-1 Joss throwing from board member Mr. Brailey.

David Rudd wussed out and missed it.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:54 PM

what a GREAT image!!
Old 11-14-2011, 06:59 PM

Default WSSCA show

just a quick not to thank everyone. it was a great show once again. as always, a pleasure to see everyone and glad I had a chance to chat with many of you. highlight of the Sunday show of course was the guest appearance of our mascot "Little Zeenut" who is starting to have an uncanny resemblance to Fatty Arbuckle! He may of had too much Chinese food on Saturday.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:31 PM
Bill Cohon

I, too, enjoyed the show immensely. I managed to score a couple of Obaks from Keith, and another from Mike. I was also selling cards, this time, and it diminishes the browsing time considerably. It's all good, though.

I did get an amusing video of Lyle attempting to flip a card at Keith. But he launches it wild. Keith responds with some mild verbal abuse, as Mark takes it in. Let me know if you'd like me to email or text it to you.

Thank you, Andrew, for a nice job.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:44 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamcohon View Post
I, too, enjoyed the show immensely. I managed to score a couple of Obaks from Keith, and another from Mike. I was also selling cards, this time, and it diminishes the browsing time considerably. It's all good, though.

I did get an amusing video of Lyle attempting to flip a card at Keith. But he launches it wild. Keith responds with some mild verbal abuse, as Mark takes it in. Let me know if you'd like me to email or text it to you.

Thank you, Andrew, for a nice job.
Bill, it was nice meeting you - PM your T205 needs. Maybe we can work some trades.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:57 PM
Mark Macrae

Another great show and trip to Washington... Thanks to all who came out for the show & dinners... Brian, it's too bad you missed the show. We could have had a contest with you & Keith. Put a G-VG Zeenut with coupon on the opposite end of the hall and wager as to who would hobble there first to pick it up. Nice to meet Scott for the first time and hope he comes back out. That was a sweet Joss he picked up... Kudos to Andrew for another nice job, even though few people thank him... and kudos to Rob for adding a new mascot to the 2012 show circuit..... Baby Obak will join Little Zeenut.....