NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 05-25-2008, 10:01 AM
Administrator

Default This guy bought the holder, not the card......

Posted By: Richard L.

Talk about pissing money away, the buyer's feedback is all of that new shiny stuff. Could there be more to the story??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=190223781538&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=009

Old 05-25-2008, 11:40 AM
Administrator

Posted By: dennis

he would have been better off to buy this one from levi for $14,700(imo) i think it looks better!

Old 05-25-2008, 01:10 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Paul S

Well, if the buyer bought the holder than they're double nuts. I know ebay requires that this card be graded in order for it to be put in auction, but I wonder if they state WHO needs to grade it.

Old 05-25-2008, 01:45 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Tim

"he would have been better off to buy this one from levi"

Is levi 707sportscards.com? And if so is he a board member? The reason I ask is 707 has several cards I am looking for right now listed on Ebay as BIN.

As far as the Mantle goes I agree with Paul. Ebay reguires certain cards to be graded but they don't state who they need to be graded by that I know of.

Old 05-25-2008, 01:56 PM
Administrator

Posted By: dennis

tim ,yes that is levi 707 sports.he has a lot of cards all graded and at high prices,but he is a good dealer. he does not post here but i think he may have had a banner add (not sure)

Old 05-25-2008, 05:39 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Eric Brehm

Yes, Levi Bleam at 707 Sportscards has high prices for quality material but the service is excellent. If you buy a graded card from him and decide you don't like it, you can return it for an exchange or refund, no questions asked. He also has an excellent web site where you can browse his inventory (including a lot of the same stuff he lists on eBay), and place orders directly if you like.

Old 05-25-2008, 05:52 PM
Administrator

Thanks a lot.

Like I said I have several cards I have been looking for and the only place I have seen them of late is BIN from 707 on Ebay. Unfortunately as you guys have noted his BIN price is really high.

Old 05-25-2008, 06:22 PM
Administrator

Posted By: CN

Are we now putting certain dealers of modern cards on a first name basis as in Levi? I can understand in Sports such as Tiger,Lebron,Kobe,Arod etc. but to give a dealer of cards this status seems absurd. I know several dealers such as Leon,Dan,Barry and others but I would never just refer to them by their first name and assume everybody knows who I am talking about. CN

Old 05-25-2008, 06:30 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Hagar Henderson

Levi does sort of have first name status. He has an incredible inventory of pre-1980 cards. Everyone knows he charges high prices but I've never heard a single complaint about his service.

As far as the Mantle card, I'd certainly like to have it but that one doesn't look good enough for $20K. The PSA 4 looks way better at least on the front.

Old 05-25-2008, 06:42 PM
Administrator

CN,
You must be somewhat new to the hobby. He is every bit as well known as the guys you mentioned(certainly no offense intended to them). You are in the minority for sure. And Hagar's view is right on the money. Maybe part of it is his first name, not all that common as the only other I know makes jeans.

Old 05-26-2008, 08:52 PM
Administrator

Posted By: boxingcardman

I don't think I've ever met anyone else in this business named "Levi" so it isn't too far a stretch to assume people know who he is, especially those of us fanatical enough to be posting here.

Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

Old 05-27-2008, 09:37 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jason L

yes, unusual name, omnipresent on Ebay BIN listings with an incredible inventory. Everyone agrees he charges prices that often set the high end of the reasonable range, but if you need something, he can get it for you.

He and his outfit were of tremendous help to me in finding some very rare cards, and if I can get help like that when I need it, I don't mind paying for it.

Old 05-27-2008, 10:41 AM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

Levi has never advertised on Net54. He is a good dealer and I do know him as Scott and I rent cases from him each year at the National. He's really a nice guy from all I know. His prices are his prices.....I have bought from him before and been happy. Sometimes he will haggle down a little bit. As for his name I think if you mention Levi to most in our little hobby they will know who you are speaking about. If you mention "Leon" you will undoubtedly get a confused look from whomever you are speaking with ..regards

Old 05-27-2008, 11:37 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Alan

I've know Levi since the beginning of time. He's been in the hobby a long time and has built up a very good full-time business. I remember when Levi was working in construction or something similar full time & was doing cards part time and, at the time, he mentioned that cards was not as physically demanding as his full time job. Anyone that mentions "Levi" knows they are talking about him. He is as reputable, if not more so, as any seller on earth. Plus, he's one of the nicest dealers I know. His helper/friend Jim is a good guy, too.

Alan

Old 05-27-2008, 04:12 PM
Administrator

Posted By: CN

I guess after re-reading my post it looks like it came across as harsh. I was just used to spending a majority of my time on the main board and not the modern board so the name Levi did not have instaneous name recognition with me. I am not new to the Hobby as I have been going to shows in NYC since 1975 and starting setting up my own table from 1980 to 1987 at NYC area shows and about a dozen Philly shows. I know many of the regulars on this board in person but I had a business opportunity which forced me to put most of my efforts into so between that and the fact that I didn,t like the way the hobby was going I drifted away only to come back im 2004 when I sold my business. I am sorry if my post was taken the wrong way and will limit my posts in the future. Thanks CN

Old 05-27-2008, 06:06 PM
Administrator

No need to limit your posts. The other members were just letting you know that in the industry (and by industry I mean the business) that Levi is well known enough to have one name recognition.

Old 05-28-2008, 01:41 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

I agree with Tim....don't go away. We need more good vintage collectors in the hobby and on the board. This was no harm no foul. No one was upset we were just saying we know "Levi" and his name does in fact have a lot of hobby recognition. That is all. The fact you didn't really know of him too much is very minor.... Good luck in your endeavors and if I can ever help you just let me know...take care now...

Old 06-19-2008, 06:28 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Ted Sherman

If you ever see him at a show, he'll be "Levi" to you too! Very nice, took time to talk to my g/f about cards even thoug she knew nothing about them...and it was very evident. An entire display of Mantle rookies, bowman and topps, and yes an entire case of them probably 40 or so. Very nice, and had on some kind of derby hat, and an 80's metal t-shirt. Oh yeah he is "Levi"! A class act! Now if someone ever called Mr. Mint "Alan"..I would start to wonder!

Old 06-19-2008, 08:52 PM
Administrator

The seller is full of it. He claims card was relisted because reserve wasn't met previously. Check my original post and you'll see the card was sold for over 19k.

http://tinyurl.com/46exjy

Old 06-20-2008, 08:41 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jon Canfield

Even if there was a reserve, the seller has relisted the card with a BIN of 12k when the card sold last time for 19k. He should have told the unlucky high bidder who didn't meet "reserve" he would take the 19k for it!

Old 06-23-2008, 04:52 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jason L

Awesome!!!
If this is NM, then my colelction is worth multiples of what I thought!!!