NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 02-10-2019, 09:54 AM

Default Sealed 1985 Donruss baseball case.

What would be the best method of selling a Sealed 1985 Donruss baseball case?
Old 02-10-2019, 10:01 AM
Rick
Mike Mc.Gr@il

Hello there,
There is always a lot of action with the modern junk wax on Facebook. If not that then perhaps eBay.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcgruff View Post
Hello there,
There is always a lot of action with the modern junk wax on Facebook. If not that then perhaps eBay.
OK, Thanks
Old 02-10-2019, 01:15 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

I would say contact one of the guys who does unopened material to get an offer. I was thinking BBCE or Dave and Adams Card World. Both deal in unopened wax and could give you a better offer than eBay
Old 02-10-2019, 01:27 PM
Weingarten's Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duluth Eskimo View Post
I would say contact one of the guys who does unopened material to get an offer. I was thinking BBCE or Dave and Adams Card World. Both deal in unopened wax and could give you a better offer than eBay
Exactly. This item is hardly junk. Each box appears to sell for $200 dollars or so authenticated by BBCE as case fresh . I would contact them.

Www.weingartensvintage.com

https://www.facebook.com/WeingartensVintage

http://www.psacard.com/Articles/Arti...ben-weingarten

ALWAYS BUYING BABE RUTH RED SOX TYPE 1 PHOTOGRAPHS--->To add to my collection

Last edited by Forever Young; 02-10-2019 at 01:29 PM.
Old 02-10-2019, 01:51 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Default Bbce

Bad advice...unless you just like losing money. BBCE's buy price on a wax case is $1300 ($65/box). You can do much better than that on eBay selling them yourself. Wax boxes seem to be going for $90-$100 on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1985-DONRUS...p2047675.l2557

Take good pictures of the unopened case to let the buyers know your boxes came from a sealed case and they will bring more money.
Old 02-10-2019, 02:24 PM
Scott Russell

I have a regular who pays very nicely for unopened modern and vintage. Be happy to put you in touch with him if you want. Shoot me a message if you're interested.

Scott Russell
Birmingham Auctioneers
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 02-10-2019, 04:50 PM
Weingarten's Vintage

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1985-DONRUS...EAAOSw-itXp-~B

BBCE 250 bucks a box case fresh-16 sold.

Old 02-10-2019, 04:54 PM
Adam Yastrzemski

Your best bet to maximize profit is to send the entire case to bbce to be wrapped and certified unopened. Hopefully it is sealed and they can wrap every box and certify it from s sealed case (FASC). You will get the most for each box because Collectors look for those and will pay a premium.
Old 02-10-2019, 05:32 PM
Jimmy Knowle$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yastrzemski Sports View Post
Your best bet to maximize profit is to send the entire case to bbce to be wrapped and certified unopened. Hopefully it is sealed and they can wrap every box and certify it from s sealed case (FASC). You will get the most for each box because Collectors look for those and will pay a premium.
I don’t deal with unopened boxes, but this seems the best bet. FASC.
I understand the obstacles, just don’t deal with them.
Have them certified as unopened, and Bob is your Uncle.

Best of luck on the resale.

EDIT....and 85 Donruss is not wax junk.

-Jimmy

Last edited by xplainer; 02-10-2019 at 05:34 PM.
Old 02-10-2019, 07:16 PM
Weingarten's Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by xplainer View Post
I don’t deal with unopened boxes, but this seems the best bet. FASC.
I understand the obstacles, just don’t deal with them.
Have them certified as unopened, and Bob is your Uncle.

Best of luck on the resale.

EDIT....and 85 Donruss is not wax junk.

-Jimmy
Exactly. This would be the continued “good advice.”

Old 02-10-2019, 08:47 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Young View Post
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1985-DONRUS...EAAOSw-itXp-~B

BBCE 250 bucks a box case fresh-16 sold.
That's a best offer listing. Just because 16 sold, doesn't mean they sold at that asking price. Those don't sell anywhere near that. In fact, they don't even fetch $200. Here is the last 1985 Donruss wax box BBCE FASC that actually SOLD on eBay. It brought $119.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1985-Donrus...EAAOSwFoNcJpD0

Here's one that went UNSOLD at $145.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1985-Donrus...p2047675.l2557

It would probably cost at least $20 a box to have BBCE wrap those and label them FASC., not even including shipping both ways. So if he can get $100/box selling them as-is, why would he want to spend all that money to get them wrapped only to sell them for $120?
Old 02-11-2019, 12:37 AM
Adam Yastrzemski

I have used BBCE many times so let me fully explain. For 1985 Donruss they charge $5 per box to wrap. Then there is shipping both ways. Last time I sent a package to them I had it back within a week - but it can take maybe 2-3 if they are busy. So for less than $15 per box this can be done with shipping included.

As far as value - unwrapped these sell for $60-100 per box.
Bbce wrapped they are 100-150.
Bbce fasc range from 120-150.

I would get them wrapped FASC then list them at 140 per box and over time they will all sell for maximum money. That’s how I figured my suggestion.

BBCE makes a huge difference in value - and FASC means 100% confidence that the item is unopened from Donruss in 1985 and the packs are all untouched. These are hard to sell raw especially Donruss because the packs are loose to begin with and I would be very nervous if I got them. Then you may have to deal with returns and after they leave you have no idea what happened to them while they were out of your sight. Sealed is absolutely the way to go with these especially while holding a sealed case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
That's a best offer listing. Just because 16 sold, doesn't mean they sold at that asking price. Those don't sell anywhere near that. In fact, they don't even fetch $200. Here is the last 1985 Donruss wax box BBCE FASC that actually SOLD on eBay. It brought $119.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1985-Donrus...EAAOSwFoNcJpD0

Here's one that went UNSOLD at $145.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1985-Donrus...p2047675.l2557

It would probably cost at least $20 a box to have BBCE wrap those and label them FASC., not even including shipping both ways. So if he can get $100/box selling them as-is, why would he want to spend all that money to get them wrapped only to sell them for $120?
Old 02-11-2019, 12:59 AM
Adam Yastrzemski

A final thought - a sealed case is a rarity and I would consider it a desecration to open It especially when it can be preserved in its natural state as individual boxes. It will be lost forever if it was cut open and sold by the box. If the owner doesn’t want to get them sealed I would absolutely make an offer for the case and I would have it preserved myself. But please don’t open that case.
Old 02-11-2019, 05:06 AM

Thank you to everyone that has replied to this thread, you all have given me insight on the different options available to me.

Along with this sealed 1985 Donruss case, I also have a sealed 1985 Fleer rack case (with display), 2- 1985 Topps sealed sticker cases, 2- 1985 Topps sticker/album cases (one sealed and one opened), 3 sealed 1985 Topps 3d cases, and many 1985 Donruss Leaf wax packs taken out of wax box but still have the boxes. When I bought these I also bought about 4 sealed 1985 Topps wax cases but opening them for the game it offered. I still have all the cards from those 1985 Topps wax packs stored in cardboard boxes, still have all the wrappers, the broken down boxes, and even the gum that was inside. I wish I knew in 1985 what I know now and would have left them sealed.

Last edited by America's Pastime; 02-11-2019 at 05:09 AM.
Old 02-11-2019, 06:41 AM
Adam Yastrzemski

Fleer racks - sell by the case or have each box wrapped. Nice stuff
1985 leaf - can be wrapped if you have 36 packs and a box
3D, stickers - junk wax. Get what you can for it.
Topps cases - wow. too bad.

Nice stuff. Good luck with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by America's Pastime View Post
Thank you to everyone that has replied to this thread, you all have given me insight on the different options available to me.

Along with this sealed 1985 Donruss case, I also have a sealed 1985 Fleer rack case (with display), 2- 1985 Topps sealed sticker cases, 2- 1985 Topps sticker/album cases (one sealed and one opened), 3 sealed 1985 Topps 3d cases, and many 1985 Donruss Leaf wax packs taken out of wax box but still have the boxes. When I bought these I also bought about 4 sealed 1985 Topps wax cases but opening them for the game it offered. I still have all the cards from those 1985 Topps wax packs stored in cardboard boxes, still have all the wrappers, the broken down boxes, and even the gum that was inside. I wish I knew in 1985 what I know now and would have left them sealed.
Old 02-20-2019, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by America's Pastime View Post
What would be the best method of selling a Sealed 1985 Donruss baseball case?
I'll give ya 200 delivered for it