NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 11-01-2013, 04:24 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Default Yet Another ebay Sc_mbag Scammer

clemente1.jpg clemente2.jpg

(I don't know why I can't get these things to appear the same size.)

a) The card on the left is what was featured in this a_shole's auction. Nearly perfect corners all around except for a touch on the lower right. Beautifully pristine white borders. Not a thing wrong with it.

b) The card on the right is a scan of the actual card I received. (In photoshop, all I did was hit 'auto contrast.' No tinkering whatsoever.) First, look at the top two corners!! Rounded, worn, bumped, choose your own description. Now look at all the wear along the sides of the card in the 'pristine' white areas. What a f_cking scammer!!!!!!!!!

And for any of you apologists who want to once again defend ebay scammers, saying they did nothing wrong (people who make me puke, BTW), just check out the area highlighted in red. This is only one small thing that I noticed immediately. It is a small gouge in the actual card with cardboard missing. So tell me, how come in his scan that portion of the card--and its colors--are intact and there's no sign whatsoever of this divot?? I guess he must have bought the new Canon WeMakeEverythingPSAReady scanner???

Let me take a wild guess. When I contact this d_uchebag, his reply is going to be, "We did absolutely nothing to the scan of this card." No accountability, because ebay refuses to clean up its f_cking act!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.

Last edited by JollyElm; 11-01-2013 at 04:34 PM.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:44 PM
Erik

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
Attachment 120111 Attachment 120112

(I don't know why I can't get these things to appear the same size.)

a) The card on the left is what was featured in this a_shole's auction. Nearly perfect corners all around except for a touch on the lower right. Beautifully pristine white borders. Not a thing wrong with it.

b) The card on the right is a scan of the actual card I received. (In photoshop, all I did was hit 'auto contrast.' No tinkering whatsoever.) First, look at the top two corners!! Rounded, worn, bumped, choose your own description. Now look at all the wear along the sides of the card in the 'pristine' white areas. What a f_cking scammer!!!!!!!!!

And for any of you apologists who want to once again defend ebay scammers, saying they did nothing wrong (people who make me puke, BTW), just check out the area highlighted in red. This is only one small thing that I noticed immediately. It is a small gouge in the actual card with cardboard missing. So tell me, how come in his scan that portion of the card--and its colors--are intact and there's no sign whatsoever of this divot?? I guess he must have bought the new Canon WeMakeEverythingPSAReady scanner???

Let me take a wild guess. When I contact this d_uchebag, his reply is going to be, "We did absolutely nothing to the scan of this card." No accountability, because ebay refuses to clean up its f_cking act!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is the precise reason I only buy cards from two different sellers on eBay and NO ONE ELSE.

I am sorry, this would tick me off to no end as well.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:46 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
And for any of you apologists who want to once again defend ebay scammers, saying they did nothing wrong (people who make me puke, BTW)...
That's not a fair statement. In your previous thread, it was proven that the two cards were indeed the same, so nobody was defending a scammer.
Here's the thread...

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=174184

That said, I agree that these two are definitely different and you did not get what you paid for. I would be upset too. However, you can file a SNAD with eBay and get your money back. Good luck.

Last edited by vintagetoppsguy; 11-01-2013 at 04:54 PM.
Old 11-01-2013, 06:09 PM
Lou Simcoe
L0u Sim.coe

That would piss me off too, and you have every right to be angry about this. When sellers post their images, they know what the card looks like when it shows on a listing. Deceptive and unethical practices
Old 11-01-2013, 07:33 PM

I'm actually leaning heavily toward same card, mad brightness/ contrast in the scan. Beyond deceptive and I would snad it in a second.
Old 11-01-2013, 08:44 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miniduff View Post
I'm actually leaning heavily toward same card, mad brightness/ contrast in the scan. Beyond deceptive and I would snad it in a second.
I guess I should have been more specific. You're right, it is definitely the same card as that was the point of this thread. He photoshopped the hell out of it to make it appear like it was in beautiful condition. None of the differences in the two scans are natural occurrences. Round corners don't suddenly become square and worn borders don't suddenly turn white unless you are working the brightness/contrast controls to the hilt. This guy is an abject sc_mbag!!!

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Old 11-01-2013, 11:15 PM

Darren, this 69 Clemente is indeed the same card. Took me a bit to see, but you are correct...with this one. I did not know that Photoshop could do so much. What are you going to do?
Old 11-02-2013, 12:17 AM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

I'm immediately filing a claim through ebay. Hopefully I can attach the scans to show them how ridiculous this seller is. In the past when egregious things like this have happened, I've always won the claim, but ebay allows them to keep on selling as if they never tried to scam someone. It's pathetic, because it's so obvious the seller's intent was to deceive bidders.

Casey Stengel

Old 11-02-2013, 07:52 AM
Lou Simcoe
L0u Sim.coe

Who is / was the seller. I imagine we would all want to avoid them.
Old 11-19-2013, 05:21 AM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Just an update. After escalating the claim on ebay, they immediately decided in my favor and I received a full refund. The close-up photos I provided sealed the deal.

This d_uchebag claimed to ebay that he did nothing to the scans and it was me who photoshopped the pictures to ruin his 100% seller rating. What a frickin' crook living in his own little fantasy world. He thought he'd blatantly try to rip me off and I'd just sit back and take it??? He picked the wrong person.

He also filed complaints against me citing he didn't like the language in my messages to him telling him "To f_cking return my money, you scammer!!!" I told ebay, "What does a crook expect me to say? Dear lovely seller, I'd appreciate it if you'd take a moment to consider refunding the money you stole from me"????

I have no patience whatsoever for d_uchebags, crooks and dicks. May they all burn in eternity.

Casey Stengel

Old 11-19-2013, 12:09 PM
Jason S!m@nds

You really need to take a few deep breaths and stop purchasing raw cards off ebay.