NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Old 08-25-2014, 01:56 PM
David Linardy

Default OT: Buying and Selling on the board

Hope everyone is having a great day!

I must say that looking back, the only online transactions for sports memorabilia have been conducted here and ebay... I find myself constantly buying from the same great sellers (You know who you are-Thanks guys!)

I will say that I don't feel comfortable purchasing an item unless I have the ability to pay for it the very same day. Occasionally there may be a situation where I am waiting for money to come in and I can't pay right away, but I always tell the seller when they can expect to see payment (usually within 48 hours)...

My question is this; what is the proper payment etiquette when purchasing an item on net 54? once a buyer agrees to purchase an item & payment information is sent over, how long should the seller wait to hear back (or ultimately receive payment from the buyer)?

Had a couple of instances in the last few months where seller have agreed to buy items (not big money)... but in once case the individual simply did not pay and ignored pm's despite board activity...

So what do you guys think is an acceptable time frame before relisting the item?

Many thanks!
Dave
Old 08-25-2014, 02:06 PM
Greg Ryk0w$k1

Interesting topic. I have not sold anything on here but I've bought a bunch over the last 6 months. Personally, I like to get payment to the seller as soon as possible. Once I commit to an item, I send the seller a PM and as soon as he responds back (as long as I'm not sleeping), I send payment. My thoughts are that unless special arrangements are made, sellers should pay in 24 hours.

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/gregr2

Last edited by gregr2; 08-25-2014 at 02:28 PM. Reason: typos
Old 08-25-2014, 02:11 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves_resale_shop View Post
Had a couple of instances in the last few months where seller have agreed to buy items (not big money)... but in once case the individual simply did not pay and ignored pm's despite board activity...
If someone agrees to purchase an item from you and then doesn't pay and ignores PMs, I think Leon needs to be made aware. He can choose how he wants to handle it but, in my own opinion, they should be banned from the B/S/T. I can understand forgetting to pay for an item, but not ignoring PMs about the item.

As far as you question goes, I think 24 hours is sufficient unless they let you know otherwise before the deal is finalized.
Old 08-25-2014, 02:21 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Payment should be immediate. If you can't pay right away, ask the seller before you say "I'll take it"

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 08-25-2014, 02:39 PM
David Linardy

Default Thanks guy

I appreciate the input.. .
Old 08-30-2014, 10:33 AM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

payment should be made hat day IMO I could see even 2 -3 days IF the seller agrees to that.

As far as your buyer not paying or responding - id tell leon and relist the item. I think 3 PM's to the buyer / 7 days with no response at most and id relist the items.
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.
Old 08-31-2014, 04:04 PM
Luis

I pay ASAP or as soon as I get to a computer if the seller has not responded right away. I would like to be paid within the same day as well.

As far as not responding, I know we all get busy so I don't mind sending one reminder and then waiting a day, but if no reply and I gotta send another reminder, as part of that reminder I would communicate that Leon is going to be informed of the lack of response and courtesy.
Old 08-31-2014, 05:09 PM
Br.ent !ngr@m
Br.ent Ing@am

I've made over 30 transactions here. 100% satisfaction rate.
Sometimes I agree to buy something with my better half around. I like to do my PayPal business at work. So it's within 24 hours. Personally, I'd become hesitant if a seller pushed for immediate payment (has never happened to me here).
Is this a problem?
Old 09-01-2014, 11:07 AM
And.rew Mil.ler

I have had some great transactions with people on this board...in two instances sellers shipping things to me before I even paid them! One was a Mantle autographed ball!

There have been a couple of things I've seen and asked the seller if I could pay them in a week or so...each one has said yes and has been incredible.

Andrew
Old 09-01-2014, 11:56 PM
Barry Jock

I see this thread and would like to make a public apology to Rmann444 regarding the 1961 Topps Mantle I sold.

He said he would take it pending that the thumbnail mark was not across the face. 20 minutes later I responded back saying even using my loupe I could not find the mark on the card being in the case so I do not know where it is.

An hour goes by and I did not hear from him so I thought he gave up on it. With multiple PMs from others, in my haste I sold the card to another board member.

Im thinking I screwed up and I feel bad about it. For that I would like to apologize to Richard. I have asked him for his address so I could send him something to help make up for my haste.

Barry
Old 09-03-2014, 06:21 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
If someone agrees to purchase an item from you and then doesn't pay and ignores PMs, I think Leon needs to be made aware. He can choose how he wants to handle it but, in my own opinion, they should be banned from the B/S/T. I can understand forgetting to pay for an item, but not ignoring PMs about the item.

As far as you question goes, I think 24 hours is sufficient unless they let you know otherwise before the deal is finalized.
+1 ....I would like to know about any issues on the BST. Of course my only recourse is permitting folks to be here or not but I do take these things seriously. Not responding to PM's concerning a deal, and not following through, would be grounds for potential suspension or banishment depending on the circumstances. I would say 24 hours is long enough to pay for an item unless arrangements to the contrary are made as part of the deal. I very rarely have to get involved but will when I need to...carry on..(and I am always only a PM away)