NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
Shop Ebay Promotions
Vintage Memorabilia
Pre WWII-(Pre 1942) Baseball
Post WWII (1942-1980) Baseball
Modern (1980-present) Baseball

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 02-04-2019, 07:41 PM
pokerplyr80's Avatar
pokerplyr80 pokerplyr80 is offline
je.sse @rnot
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: California
Posts: 2,959
Default

It's my understanding that basically every qb who commented on deflate gate said it wasn't a big deal, and they all adjusted the pressure to their own personal preference. Rodgers would have the balls over inflated because they were easier to grip.

It's also my understanding the nfl "investigation" turned up no evidence the balls had actually been deflated and that scientists proved the difference in pressure could have naturally occurred due to change in temperature.
__________________
Successful transactions with peter spaeth, don's cards, vwtdi, wolf441, 111gecko, Clydewally, Jim, SPMIDD, MattyC, jmb, botn, E107collector, begsu1013, and a few others.

http://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/pokerplyr80
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-04-2019, 08:04 PM
Peter_Spaeth's Avatar
Peter_Spaeth Peter_Spaeth is online now
Peter Spaeth
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 15,559
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
Isn't it believed by many that Edelman's positive test was related to his treatment from Alex Guerrero, who is also Tom Brady's personal health guru?
Guilt by speculation and association?
__________________
My avatar is a painting by my son, a recent art school graduate.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-04-2019, 08:05 PM
Peter_Spaeth's Avatar
Peter_Spaeth Peter_Spaeth is online now
Peter Spaeth
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 15,559
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 View Post
It's my understanding that basically every qb who commented on deflate gate said it wasn't a big deal, and they all adjusted the pressure to their own personal preference. Rodgers would have the balls over inflated because they were easier to grip.

It's also my understanding the nfl "investigation" turned up no evidence the balls had actually been deflated and that scientists proved the difference in pressure could have naturally occurred due to change in temperature.
Other than that...

You could roll a bowling ball out there and Brady would win.
__________________
My avatar is a painting by my son, a recent art school graduate.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-04-2019, 09:28 PM
clydepepper's Avatar
clydepepper clydepepper is offline
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Columbus, GA
Posts: 4,792
Default

Who whispered this:

'My kingdom for a good masking agent'

Was it:

A.) Barry Bonds & Roger Clemens

or

B.) Roger Clemens & Barry Bonds

or

C.) Both (A) & (B)


Spoiler Alert: A,B & C are ALL true!
__________________
.
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on others lives" - Jackie Robinson


MY BIG CONCERNS ABOUT AMERICA:

Internally- We spend too much time assuring our rights without learning the responsibilities that should accompany them.
Externally - No matter how much we claim to take the higher moral ground, we have neither respected nor attempted to understand other cultures.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-04-2019, 10:07 PM
bnorth's Avatar
bnorth bnorth is online now
Ben North
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 4,629
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydepepper View Post
Who whispered this:

'My kingdom for a good masking agent'

Was it:

A.) Barry Bonds & Roger Clemens

or

B.) Roger Clemens & Barry Bonds

or

C.) Both (A) & (B)


Spoiler Alert: A,B & C are ALL true!
I would have to say "(D) All of the above are wrong". When did Roger ever fail a PED test?
__________________
T210 Series 3 Ft Worth, looking for low end examples and especially ones with a Y shaped hole punch. I also have some extra T210's for trade.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 02-04-2019, 10:56 PM
Peter_Spaeth's Avatar
Peter_Spaeth Peter_Spaeth is online now
Peter Spaeth
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 15,559
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
I would have to say "(D) All of the above are wrong". When did Roger ever fail a PED test?
In the mind of the public.
__________________
My avatar is a painting by my son, a recent art school graduate.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-04-2019, 11:30 PM
pokerplyr80's Avatar
pokerplyr80 pokerplyr80 is offline
je.sse @rnot
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: California
Posts: 2,959
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
In the mind of the public.
As I understand it there was no real evidence against Clemens other than the word of his trainer. And he had some serious credibility issues. Unless there is more to the story I haven't heard I don't think that should be enough to keep him out of the HOF.
__________________
Successful transactions with peter spaeth, don's cards, vwtdi, wolf441, 111gecko, Clydewally, Jim, SPMIDD, MattyC, jmb, botn, E107collector, begsu1013, and a few others.

http://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/pokerplyr80
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-05-2019, 06:30 AM
Jim65's Avatar
Jim65 Jim65 is offline
Jam.es Braci.liano
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 904
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 View Post
As I understand it there was no real evidence against Clemens other than the word of his trainer. And he had some serious credibility issues. Unless there is more to the story I haven't heard I don't think that should be enough to keep him out of the HOF.
Andy Pettitte said Clemens told him the he took steroids. No one ever accused Pettitte of having credibility issues, the fact that Andy admitted his own use just gives him more credibility. Obviously hearsay not admissible in court but enough to convict in court of public opinion.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-05-2019, 07:40 AM
obcbobd obcbobd is offline
Bob Donaldson
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Arlington, MA
Posts: 671
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 View Post
It's my understanding that basically every qb who commented on deflate gate said it wasn't a big deal, and they all adjusted the pressure to their own personal preference. Rodgers would have the balls over inflated because they were easier to grip.

It's also my understanding the nfl "investigation" turned up no evidence the balls had actually been deflated and that scientists proved the difference in pressure could have naturally occurred due to change in temperature.
Don't let facts get in the way of a good story :-)
__________________
My wantlist http://www.oldbaseball.com/wantlists...tag=bdonaldson
Member of OBC (Old Baseball Cards), the longest running on-line collecting club www.oldbaseball.com
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02-05-2019, 08:04 AM
Peter_Spaeth's Avatar
Peter_Spaeth Peter_Spaeth is online now
Peter Spaeth
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 15,559
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim65 View Post
Andy Pettitte said Clemens told him the he took steroids. No one ever accused Pettitte of having credibility issues, the fact that Andy admitted his own use just gives him more credibility. Obviously hearsay not admissible in court but enough to convict in court of public opinion.
Pettitte so testified in Clemens' trial. It was admissible. It didn't convince the jury.

https://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/02/s...ury-trial.html
__________________
My avatar is a painting by my son, a recent art school graduate.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 02-05-2019 at 08:05 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:00 AM.


ebay GSB