NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 07-10-2011, 03:56 PM
Christopher Williams

Default Topps 2010 Etopps T-206 Cards

Since I can't get any satisfaction from Topps on this matter, I thought I would vent here.

I am a member of the Topps "Etopps" program. During 2010, Etopps offered for sale a total of 23 "T-206" cards. I have all 23 of the "T206" cards in my Etopps portfolio. Usually when all of the cards from a particular set are finally printed, and if you have all of the cards from a particular set in your portfolio, they will give us a one-time special shipping price to have the entire set delivered so that we can have physical possession of the set.

Until about a month ago, 12 of the 23 "2010 T-206" cards were still not "Available for delivery (well over a year after they were for sale)." In other words, they haven't printed them yet. About a week ago 22 of the 23 cards (still not the entire set) were available for delivery. The only card not available was the Yogi Berra card. The Yogi Berra was up for sale on Feb. 2010. It's now been over 16 months and I can't get a definitive answer from Topps as to why the Yogi Berra is still not available for delivery.

First I was bugging them about the aforementioned 12 of 23 that weren't available yet. They finally made 11 of those 12 available about a month ago, but the Berra card still isn't available. These cards are all serial-numbered to 749. Their customer service dept. stinks and all they do is give us the runaround.

Once the entire set is available and I have them in my possession, I will be terminating my Etopps account. I hope Topps reads this. Thank you for listening guys.

Last edited by thetruthisoutthere; 07-10-2011 at 04:02 PM.
Old 07-10-2011, 05:12 PM
Steve Birmingham

I'm wondering if they're having a licensing problem. It seems really odd that they would simply not print a card for a year+.

I have a feeling ETopps isn't going to last much longer. I stopped buying simply because most cards trade well under the issue price. Not much point in buying new when I'll be able to get it for half or less 6 months later.

Steve B
Old 07-10-2011, 05:20 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
I'm wondering if they're having a licensing problem. It seems really odd that they would simply not print a card for a year+.

I have a feeling ETopps isn't going to last much longer. I stopped buying simply because most cards trade well under the issue price. Not much point in buying new when I'll be able to get it for half or less 6 months later.

Steve B
Very true, Steve, when you write that most of the cards trade well under the issue price, but for me I simply want the sealed 23-card set for my collection.

I'm fed up with the runaround I continue to get from their customer service department.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:24 AM
Paul

Default How do I get my ETopps Cards

I actually bought quite a few E Topps cards like 5 years ago, and they are still in my portfolio. How do I get my cards sent to me, without a red tape run around?
Old 07-11-2011, 08:59 AM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by olsport View Post
I actually bought quite a few E Topps cards like 5 years ago, and they are still in my portfolio. How do I get my cards sent to me, without a red tape run around?
All you have to do is "Take Delivery" and pay the shipping charges.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:36 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default I hear

I hear Topps is having some money issues and is for sale. I am not sure that matters pertaining to this situation but ya' never know....(I realize we are only talking one card but still....)
Old 07-13-2011, 11:47 PM
Joshua
J0shua Le.vine

Topps over the past two years has failed in my opinion.

Last year Topps ran a promotion where you could redeem codes online for a card (random card from 1952-2010) and then trade the cards or take delivery of them. They also seeded the promotion with autos, relics, and high priced cards that would provide free shipping for every card in your account. I came to the promotion a bit late but in the 10 months I participated, I turned my approx. 300 codes into 4,000 cards (mostly vintage from 1952-1970) and was lucky enough to have two prize cards to get them all shipped free. Topps pushed this promotion through social media including facebook and twitter. There were many problems with cards being backordered, website issues, problems with hijacking accounts, etc. Even with the problems, it was fun and made some new trading partners.

Flash forward to this year...Similar promotion is happening. Topps head of social media comes onto the facebook site and says the promotion will run the same as last year with prize cards, free shipping, new limited edition cards, etc. They start the promotion and it seems to be running great. I decide to do it with some of my fourth graders and start an account. We trade very aggressively and turn our 50 codes into nearly 1,500 cards in just over a month. Topps announces shipping is open but there will be a 25 card limit. $2.92 for the first card and $.53 for each additional card up to 25 and then you have to start over for $2.92. We had a prize card and were told that the promotion would run the same. Not that our prize card would only get us 25 cards! In their rules it states two things...that a prize card will provide free shipping for the cards in your account and that shipping will be $2.92 for the first card and $0.53 for each additional card. Nothing about recurring charges, shipping limits, etc.

After calling Topps and speaking with Mike Mader, head of social media, their in house lawyer, and several customer service reps. I was essentially told that my class was screwed and that no changes would be made. I filed reports with the BBB of New York and the NY Attorney General. I also took my case to their facebook pages were many other fans and people doing the promotion were upset.

Flash forward another few months after trying to trade my way back down to 50 cards, not easy this year since no one wants extra cards because they can not get them shipped easily, Topps was having other issues. Namely account hijacks, technical problems and a lack of policing their facebook page which had become worse than anything you could see here (yes, worse than Dorskind!). When I started posting on the page asking for help and sending them emails, namely to Mike Mader, I soon found myself banned from their sites. They actually took me off their sites and refused to answer questions. I soon found out that Mader no longer worked for them and they would be outsourcing the media side. Signed on with a new account and was banned again when I questioned customer service about the threats and technical issues.

I did manage to cash out a few cards but the kids did not get any because I could not afford to cash out a bulk lot. Topps customer service is a joke and the company itself is losing a lot of it's base. Even owning the only MLB license is not going to help. Many collectors who came back to topps after years, like myself, are now staying away.

Just awful and I am very disappointed.

Joshua
Old 07-14-2011, 07:37 AM
Steve Birmingham

I didn't realise that. Seems pretty poor overall to charge your better customers extra. Can you choose which cards you have shipped? or is it all or nothing?

If I can choose, I'll just take the ones I need or want and leave them the junk at the end of the year.

Steve B
Old 07-14-2011, 08:41 AM
Joshua
J0shua Le.vine

You can choose but it still is awful that they told us one thing and then switched it up. Also, they go against their official rules in no less than three instances concerning shipping and prize cards.

Mike Mader was "let go" I was told. He was probably fired for this fiasco but that is really only speculation. He used to post about once a week on the facebook sites to keep order and answer questions...now? Seems like no one does. I am very glad I had the last of my cards shipped and will not buy any new product for the foreseeable future.

Joshua
Old 07-14-2011, 08:52 AM

I agree with the above posts about the custumor service at Topps. In this day and age, when custumor service is rapidly declining generally across the board, Topps still stands out as especially poor.

My son participated in the card giveaway last year and the delays, runaround and total disregard were unbelievable. It was just a few cheap cards, but it involved my son, who was very excited about getting the cards, and I really don't like having kids treated that way. I would never deal directly with Topps again.

I'm sure this is the problem the OP is having. I hope you get your cards, and do understand your frustration.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:39 AM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wite3 View Post
Topps over the past two years has failed in my opinion.

Last year Topps ran a promotion where you could redeem codes online for a card (random card from 1952-2010) and then trade the cards or take delivery of them. They also seeded the promotion with autos, relics, and high priced cards that would provide free shipping for every card in your account. I came to the promotion a bit late but in the 10 months I participated, I turned my approx. 300 codes into 4,000 cards (mostly vintage from 1952-1970) and was lucky enough to have two prize cards to get them all shipped free. Topps pushed this promotion through social media including facebook and twitter. There were many problems with cards being backordered, website issues, problems with hijacking accounts, etc. Even with the problems, it was fun and made some new trading partners.

Flash forward to this year...Similar promotion is happening. Topps head of social media comes onto the facebook site and says the promotion will run the same as last year with prize cards, free shipping, new limited edition cards, etc. They start the promotion and it seems to be running great. I decide to do it with some of my fourth graders and start an account. We trade very aggressively and turn our 50 codes into nearly 1,500 cards in just over a month. Topps announces shipping is open but there will be a 25 card limit. $2.92 for the first card and $.53 for each additional card up to 25 and then you have to start over for $2.92. We had a prize card and were told that the promotion would run the same. Not that our prize card would only get us 25 cards! In their rules it states two things...that a prize card will provide free shipping for the cards in your account and that shipping will be $2.92 for the first card and $0.53 for each additional card. Nothing about recurring charges, shipping limits, etc.

After calling Topps and speaking with Mike Mader, head of social media, their in house lawyer, and several customer service reps. I was essentially told that my class was screwed and that no changes would be made. I filed reports with the BBB of New York and the NY Attorney General. I also took my case to their facebook pages were many other fans and people doing the promotion were upset.

Flash forward another few months after trying to trade my way back down to 50 cards, not easy this year since no one wants extra cards because they can not get them shipped easily, Topps was having other issues. Namely account hijacks, technical problems and a lack of policing their facebook page which had become worse than anything you could see here (yes, worse than Dorskind!). When I started posting on the page asking for help and sending them emails, namely to Mike Mader, I soon found myself banned from their sites. They actually took me off their sites and refused to answer questions. I soon found out that Mader no longer worked for them and they would be outsourcing the media side. Signed on with a new account and was banned again when I questioned customer service about the threats and technical issues.

I did manage to cash out a few cards but the kids did not get any because I could not afford to cash out a bulk lot. Topps customer service is a joke and the company itself is losing a lot of it's base. Even owning the only MLB license is not going to help. Many collectors who came back to topps after years, like myself, are now staying away.

Just awful and I am very disappointed.

Joshua

Am I reading this right? They wanted $15.64 per 25 cards shipped.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:15 PM
Joshua
J0shua Le.vine

Yes, buy the product at approx. 1 code per 6 picks or just buy codes from ebay...enter them, trade them for cards you want, then have them shipped at $15.64 for 25 cards. Oh yeah...cards were bought on the secondary market so condition is a total crapshoot, even on newer cards. I had some really nice '60s and an '80 Carlton that was missing a corner and had paperloss on the back.