NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-29-2003, 02:30 PM
Administrator

Default Anyone Got $100mill They Don't Know What To Do With?

Posted By: RBCraik

Not exactly vintage material but highliht's Ebay's failure to police itself.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2568084521&category=4661

Old 10-29-2003, 02:34 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian Weisner

And he's been auctioning off copies of the patent for 15-20 dollars. If it were only the secret formula for COLD FUSION, I'd be buying. later bkw

Old 10-29-2003, 03:24 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff S

It's probably a better investment than the Expos.

Old 10-29-2003, 03:26 PM
Administrator

Posted By: "Dr.Evil"

Hey guys, I bought a simlar "Pulsed Plasma Mobile Hydrogen Generator" last year from the same guy with a BIN of $75,000,000.His listing promised total world domination. When I received the item it obviously didn’t work as I am not in total control of the world at this moment. Now he’s listing the same item again. Watch out! Oh and he also sold me a trimmed 1970 Brooks Robinson too. This guy is just bad news.

Old 10-29-2003, 03:47 PM
Administrator

Posted By: runscott

If I could just crack one H out of H2O, I could have a nice clean "HO" anytime I wanted

Old 10-29-2003, 03:56 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Paul Adams

The biggest problem is that he kept "talking". Hydrogen is one of the most widely used gases in the analytical laboratory. What he's talking about makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, and he keeps going on! As he does, he makes less and less sense. About as much sense as his image that looks like a GI Joe Plastic Diving bell from the early 70s, outfitted with a blue christmas light or led on the inside. He couldn't "crack" CRACK from cocaine with what's pictured, let alone convert, store, and redirect plasma energy fields!!

Old 10-29-2003, 08:52 PM
Administrator

Posted By: RM

I just don't understand guys like this...If he sent it to PSA first it would probably be worth twice that much.

Old 10-29-2003, 09:10 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Adam J. Baxter

This seller is like a politician, he talks and talks with out saying anything. I think he's suggesting that this "device" harnesses useable energy from electrons, or that it it can electromagnetically alter matter. Actually, I read the whole thing twice and I don't know what the hell he's saying. I took some science in high school and college, so either I was asleep the whole time (which is entirely possible) or this guy is full of crap. If it's such a breakthrough, why is he selling it on eBay and not holding a big press conference with the media or publishing articles on his findings about this device in some academic journal? Nanotechnology, Cold Fusion, Anti-matter, those are real future possibilities and would be considered HUGE scientific breakthroughs for the Human race. This guy is a fool and his invention's only viable use would be as a water-saver in my toilet tank.

Old 10-29-2003, 09:33 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Kenny Cole

I'm probably getting a little jaundiced about scammers on ebay because they are more and more becoming the rule, not the exception. However, this guy seems to have forgotten the first rule of scamming, which is that you are appealing to people's greed and their belief that they can sometimes actually get something for nothing. $95 million is the gross national product of some countries. Individuals who have that sort of coin to throw around are a little too sophisticated to fall for this sort of con game. They might actually want to see more than a blurry scan of a toy with lights before they decide to opt in.

My guess is that this seller will just have to keep on separating the H or the H2 from H2O by himself for a while. Unless he has just recently won the Nobel Prize in quantum mechanics, I don't think that his ad will do much to help him separate the FOOL (chemically speaking, I guess that would be FO2L) from his $. What a dunce.

Old 10-29-2003, 10:13 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Lee Behrens

I still am trying to save up to buy the time machine, but after I get the time machine all my pennys are going toward this. But then again if I buy the time machine I can go back and invent this before this guy gets his patent, BOY will he be surprised.

Old 10-30-2003, 12:00 AM
Administrator

Posted By: brian p

I think the best bidding strategy on this one would be to quickly bid $95,000,000 so as to eliminate the BIN, and then later place a last second bid of $98,000,005, which should narrowly ace out the $98,000,000 bidding crowd. The nearly $2,000,000 saved by not jumping on the BIN can be funneled into future scientific research.

And if outbid--no need to shed any tears. Another Plasma device thingy invention is bound to show up on ebay someday down the road. And who knows, it might end up going for even less.

Brian