NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-22-2002, 05:14 PM
Administrator

Default Festberg Warning

Posted By: Lee Behrens

In the last few months I have won 2 festberg auctions, a T202 lot which was fine, and a T206 45 card lot, here's where the problems start. In the description there was 3 HOFers, 2 two I suspect are reprints, waxy finish. It described 8 EX/EX+, one falls close to that category it was one of two cards pictured, there were 4 cards that I think were suppose to fall into that category that are trimmed. 5 VG/EX, I could find any to fall into that category. I did get the one interesting Tolstoi card that I posted. The lot in no way comes close to the description.

I have attempted to email him two seperate times with no response. This is why I am know posting to STAY AWAY FROM FESTBERG AUCTIONS he just wants your money and does not care about the product. I did have a few members warn me, but my first experience was alright, but this second one is TERRIBLE.

JUST ONE FINAL WARNING STAY AWAY FROM FESTBERG AUCTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

Any other questions fell free to email me.

Lee

Old 01-22-2002, 05:44 PM
Administrator

Default Festberg Warning

Posted By: petecld

Don't take it personally, sounds like you had a typical Festberg experience.

Old 01-22-2002, 07:37 PM
Administrator

Default Festberg Warning

Posted By: Scott Forrest

...still a value since everyone with sense avoided the auction, but mostly unusable trash.

Old 01-23-2002, 03:20 AM
Administrator

Default Festberg Warning

Posted By: Brian C Daniels

He used to be one of the good ones! In the last seven years of his impoverished collecting/selling tactics has caused a bunch of problems ,covered by lies! he needs to go get another occupation.he claims to be the SCD standard creator of grading..yet can't grade or admit a card is altered.

Old 01-23-2002, 07:21 AM
Administrator

Default Festberg Warning

Posted By: mike mullins

Lee,

LMK if you would like to get of those less-than promised T206's, those are just the kind of cards I like! thanks,

mm

Old 01-23-2002, 10:07 AM
Administrator

Default Festberg Warning

Posted By: warshawlaw

And only once. He auctioned off a set of 1908 Ogdens (British tobacco) boxing cards that I bought. They were atrocious, far below description. When I get his catalogue now, I assume everything in it is at least two full grades below what he advertises.

Old 01-23-2002, 10:54 AM
Administrator

Default Festberg Warning

Posted By: Charlie

had a T206 no name on front card listed on ebay with no picture a couple of years ago. I was being a little cautious because a lot of his other auctions had pictures. Being a nut for errors, I e-mailed him and he re-assured me that the card was an authentic no name on front card...he was right...only thing was the bottom border was so narrow the name was not visible at all.
I e-mailed him and told him what I thought of him and his card...never heard nothing back and never bought from him again.. the card was only 20.00 or so but its something I always remember....I still probably have it somewhere. I always heard good things about him years back when he had his auctions in SCD. He must have changed his ways along the way.

Old 01-23-2002, 11:27 AM
Administrator

Default Festberg Warning

Posted By: jay behrens

I hope you guys that have had bad dealing with Festberg are leaving negative feedback. When I heavily involved in the hobby during the 80s he had a less than stellar reputation back then.

Jay

Old 01-23-2002, 05:52 PM
Administrator

Default Festberg Warning

Posted By: Anonymous

I must say I'm rather surprised to see all the negative comments about this guy. I used to buy a lot of stuff from him back in the 80's and early 90's. True, his stuff was always overgraded by at least 1 1/2 grades, but after a very short period of time I learned to factor that into my bids. And he always accepted returns and offered refunds cheerfully with no questions asked. I always thought he was one of the nicest guys in the hobby. Back then he was one of the few who offered nice vintage cards at reasonable prices on a consistent basis. I haven't bought anything from him in eight or ten years now and I'm kind of sad to hear how his reputation has fallen.

Old 01-23-2002, 06:02 PM
Administrator

Default Festberg Warning

If you read these testimonials you will find his rep has gone downhill thru out the years.

And we thought Scott was the only guy with a big "Sucker" written on his back. It sounds like the signs were mass produced.

By the way I have never seen what Festberg looks like, no description here except maybe the picture should have bars in front of it!!!!

Lee

Old 01-24-2002, 09:33 AM
Administrator

Default Festberg Warning

Posted By: Julie Vognar

are enough to keep me away. Big globs of this and that. A Scrapps I held in my hand and was VG being offered as nearmint...ugh

Old 01-31-2002, 09:01 AM
Administrator

Default Festberg Warning

After 20 days I finally received a reply from Dave Festberg, this is the whole message.

Hi Lee, I'm back, sorry about my new grader should I fire him. Will take care of next auction. best wishes, Dave.

Know here is someone really concerned about his customer absolutely no reference to the transaction or trying to work out the problem.

There will be NO next auction for me and I hope that none of you are even tempted to bid on his auctions.

Lee