NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main PreWWII Forums > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 03-22-2017, 08:16 AM

What a great story. Brings a smile to my face. I was always a fan of Ryne's, and even more so now. Thanks for sharing and congrats!
Old 03-22-2017, 10:33 AM
Jeffrey

My POV on this is that its not a waste because the item has sentimental value. That signature and inscription on another item would look prettier and be worth more, but it would be just another signed card to the OP, not something that truly makes him happy.
Old 03-22-2017, 01:10 PM
Mark V.

I think everyone is right. We all have different interests and priorities. I think it's cool because it's sentimental to him. Would I want it for myself? No, but it has no sentimental value to me personally.
Collect what makes you happy.
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v222/lordstan/

My for sale or trade photobucket album
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/lord...?sort=3&page=2
Old 03-25-2017, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaddurbin View Post
sorry i don't see the point of this, waste of a signature...but i'm glad ryno was gracious enough to sign it and included the HOF inscription.
I agree that this was a waste of a signature... but I also agree with what other have said about the sentimental value.

But then again, when I get autographs my preferred item is a plain 3x5 card... and I ask them to personalize it (and write the current day's date).
Here's the payoff pitch from Familia to Fowler, on the way... and it's IN THERE! Strike three called! The Mets win the pennant! The New York Mets have won the National League pennant! Put it in the books! The New York Mets for the first time in 15 years are champions of the National League!
- Howie Rose calls the Mets winning the 2015 National League Championship Series - Mets v. Cubs at Wrigley Field, October 21, 2015, WOR Radio
Old 03-26-2017, 06:19 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

I think it's silly that any concern is placed on a signature that there are more than anyone could ever need and is a limitless supply for likely at least 30 more years.

With a common signature of a modern player I can see no better use in the world than for a sentimental item. Very happy the op recieved his sig and this is likely the most valuable Ryno in his mind out there.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche, etc...
Old 04-03-2017, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinD View Post
I think it's silly that any concern is placed on a signature that there are more than anyone could ever need and is a limitless supply for likely at least 30 more years.
Unfortunately, we live in a time where the monetization of autographs makes such concern necessary.
Here's the payoff pitch from Familia to Fowler, on the way... and it's IN THERE! Strike three called! The Mets win the pennant! The New York Mets have won the National League pennant! Put it in the books! The New York Mets for the first time in 15 years are champions of the National League!
- Howie Rose calls the Mets winning the 2015 National League Championship Series - Mets v. Cubs at Wrigley Field, October 21, 2015, WOR Radio