NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-02-2013, 07:35 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Renowned Photo Auctioneer Henry Yee to Partner with Rogers Photo Archive

I am honored to help announce this new partnership of Henry Yee and Rogers Photo Archive. Both John and Henry are hobby friends and I certainly wish them the best. It's an exciting time in the photo hobby.

Old 10-02-2013, 08:02 PM

I love Henry and have nothing but good things to say about him and wish him the the absolute best of luck in ANYTHING he does. As for the author of the press release, interesting timing to announce a partnership that has existed for over six months and pretty classless but that is just my opinion.

Best of luck to Henry, he is a hobby friend and a great guy!
Old 10-02-2013, 08:28 PM
Dan Bretta

Heh...great, now I'll pay three times as much as I was paying for my photos from John Rogers.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:39 PM
Anth๘ny N. ex

Quote:
Originally Posted by prewarsports View Post
As for the author of the press release, interesting timing to announce a partnership that has existed for over six months and pretty classless but that is just my opinion.
I'm a bit lost on this part. Who is the author of the press release (not seeing a byline) and why is he classless to announce it 6 months later?
Old 10-03-2013, 03:37 AM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffins View Post
I'm a bit lost on this part. Who is the author of the press release (not seeing a byline) and why is he classless to announce it 6 months later?
Because the author indirectly references Rhys's classification system
Old 10-03-2013, 07:47 AM
M@rk V3l@rd3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnaz01 View Post
Not so much indirectly as straight forward calling Rhys' system "clearly less accurate and far inferior." While the pros and cons of any system(s) are debatable, it's a little cheesey to come out with these comments right as Rhys' auction is about to go off.
For the record, I like parts of each system and have nothing negative to say about Henry, Rhys, or Rogers. I have had a couple dealings with each and have never had a problem or issue.
I wish them all well in their individual ventures.

Other interests/sets/collectibles.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/96571220@N08/albums

My for sale or trade photobucket album
https://flic.kr/s/aHsk7c1SRL
Old 10-03-2013, 08:00 AM

I think the quotes in the article were harsh. The so-called revolutionary system.. To me thats pretty direct and not necessary. I agree the systems have flaws but to argue my system is better because I can guess closer to the real date is really not a strong point.
Old 10-03-2013, 02:26 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnaz01 View Post

Ah, I was wondering that also until I read the press release further. I prefer the system Rhys uses myself to be honest. It's actually more accurate if you understand photos and know the type classification system is riddled with holes, and plenty of leaps in faith familiar in the game used and autograph categories.

The only advantage of the type system is easier monetization of many of those leaps of faith, and something else PSA can charge you for.
Old 10-03-2013, 03:42 PM
Jeff

the type classification system is riddled with holes, and plenty of leaps in faith familiar in the game used and autograph categories.

Amen, and amen.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 10-03-2013, 05:17 PM
Weingarten's Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
Ah, I was wondering that also until I read the press release further. I prefer the system Rhys uses myself to be honest. It's actually more accurate if you understand photos and know the type classification system is riddled with holes, and plenty of leaps in faith familiar in the game used and autograph categories.

The only advantage of the type system is easier monetization of many of those leaps of faith, and something else PSA can charge you for.
It is very interesting how this thread went after the second post. My simple question is to EVERYONE/ ANYONE : how is the other system more accurate than the type system? I see no benefit AT ALL. NONE. ZERO. Someone who understands photos please eplain this to me. Please please please

Www.weingartensvintage.com

https://www.facebook.com/WeingartensVintage

http://www.psacard.com/Articles/Arti...ben-weingarten

ALWAYS BUYING BABE RUTH RED SOX TYPE 1 PHOTOGRAPHS--->To add to my collection