NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-12-2009, 10:30 AM
Administrator

Default Legendary Auctions

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

Ryan, I love that show.

I'm assuming you've seen The Foot Fist Way?

Old 03-12-2009, 10:31 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jodi Birkholm

Is there anything similar for non-Mozilla users? I could use something like that.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:31 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Matt

Paul - their new site sports the logo of SimpleAuctionSite.com which is an entirely different piece of software then what was used to run their auctions previously. Even if they desire to spend the money on re-importing their archives into the SimpleAuctionSite software, I doubt that the link strcuture and IDs would be consistent with what they used to be. sad.gif

My Trade/Sale Page

Old 03-12-2009, 10:45 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Ryan Christoff

Jeff,

I laughed so hard at that movie because my son is in Tae Kwan Doe. So much of it is accurate!

-Ryan

Old 03-12-2009, 10:54 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Tim

To save any web page while using Internet Explorer, simply do the following:

In the menu Select "Page"
then "Save as..."
then in "Save as type:"
select "Web Archive, single file (*.mht)"

This will save the entire page, not just what is seen in a screen shot, as a single file that can be reopened in IE when desired.

For archiving for reference purposes this is much cleaner that if it is saved as "Web Page, HTML only (*.htm, *.html)" which will save the actual html file, and then separately save all of the files that are refenced into the page such as images, etc.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:55 AM
Administrator

Jodi - it's not a browser add-in, but a simple Alt-Print Screen combo will copy the browser display as an image to the clipboard. Then just open up Paint and paste and save as a jpg and you've got something pretty similar.
kind regards

My Trade/Sale Page

Old 03-12-2009, 11:16 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jodi Birkholm

Thanks, guys! Will have to try this out.

Old 03-12-2009, 12:03 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

I won't promise anything but will say the 2 folks that emailed me have now gotten email answers back to them. best regards

Old 03-12-2009, 12:21 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rhett Yeakley

Ryan, thanks for the Kenny Powers reference (That made me laugh), I'll echo what the others said about that being a great show!
-Rhett

Old 03-12-2009, 12:44 PM
Administrator

Posted By: boxingcardman

how come we never see the Bruces actually show any of these monumental acquisitions. Are they too figments of your imagination, like the imaginary friends that populate the "Group"?

Your tired card-god rap reminds me of Eddie Murphy's character in Trading Places trying to convince the other prisoners he was a stud when he was really just a bum:

Billy Ray Valentine: Beat the *** out of ten cops, had to change my whole strategy around.
Even Bigger Guy: Yo, when they brought you in here and booked you, you was cryin' like a *****
Big Guy: Yeah!
Billy Ray Valentine: That's because they sprayed tear gas in my face, and that's the kind of *** they use on crowds and I could still walk in here like a man, so get out of my face, alright?
Even Bigger Guy: I mean you beatin' 10 cops? You putting a man in the hospital? How come I don't see no bruises on you?
Billy Ray Valentine: 'Cause I'm a karate man! And a karate man bruises on the inside! They don't show their weakness. But you don't know that because you're a big Barry White looking ******! So get outta my face! I wish my ****** would get here. I ain't got time to be sitting in this cell with you.
Even Bigger Guy: Where are your ******, Mr. Big-Time Pimp?
Even Bigger Guy: It aint cool bein no jive turkey so close to Thanksgiving

So I'm calling you out, Bruces, right here, right now. Put up or shut up time. If you want anyone to take anything you say seriously ever again, let's see all these magnificent new acquisitions by the Dorskind Group. We have multiple acquisition threads every month. Post some of these great cards from America's Toughest Want List or quit running your mouth.

Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

Old 03-12-2009, 01:06 PM
Administrator

Posted By: John

I will say that Bruce has posted on wanting very high grade T209's (Color) and between eBay and Mile High at least 20+ PSA 7's and 8's have been available over the past few months.

Always wondered why he wasnt able to grab a copy or two for the collection, must have been priced wrong....or something.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/376260/thread/1234370106/last-1235853554/Ultra+High+Grade+Tobacco+Type+Cards+Wanted

P.S. I know Bruce has some nice cards...that I dont doubt. Just would love to see him cross off those T209's!

Old 03-12-2009, 01:08 PM
Administrator

Posted By: David Atkatz

It won't work.

Bruce told us a while back that he does not display images of his treasures "on the advice of his attorneys."

(But I'm willing to bet that those attorneys are fictitious, too!)

Old 03-12-2009, 01:10 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bottom of the Ninth

ebay item 290297177901

Old 03-12-2009, 01:10 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Preece1

I have seen his collection.

Old 03-12-2009, 01:18 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Al C.risafulli

Once, Leon posted a picture of the Boston Garter uncut sheet that Bruce has - one of the most beautiful things I've seen in the hobby.

-Al

Old 03-12-2009, 01:21 PM
Administrator

I agree on the uncut Boston Garder sheet. I'd rather have that than a PSA 1 Wagner any day of the week.

And to add: Adam, I understand your frustration with Bruce but to his great credit he has been very giving in terms of letting people in to see his collection.

Old 03-12-2009, 01:21 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anthony S.

There's a video out there somewhere of Bruce showing some of his pieces.

Old 03-12-2009, 01:39 PM
Administrator

Posted By: bruce Dorskind

We wonder what Boxing Card Man hopes to accomplish with his inane request.

If he is so jealous or so curious, he and the Nutty Professor
can purchase one of three books which contain photos of rare items
from our collection.

By the way, while they were wasting their time, we just added another
item to our collection.

Bruce Dorskind
America's Toughest Want List

Old 03-12-2009, 01:44 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bottom of the Ninth

Here is a link to the video. It is called Take Me Out
http://www.collectorsquest.com/videos/playlist/4/show-tell-2.html

Old 03-12-2009, 01:49 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff Prizner

"By the way, while they were wasting their time, we just added another
item to our collection."

[linked image]

Old 03-12-2009, 01:51 PM
Administrator

Posted By: David Atkatz

What books would those be, Bruce?

(BTW, I'm still looking for the book(s) you said you've written. They, and all references to them seem to have disappeared completely.)

Just for the hell of it, I will mention that items from my collection have been pictured in Yankees Magazine, and the New York Times's book "The New York Yankees Illustrated History," published by St. Martin's Press.

Old 03-12-2009, 01:58 PM
Administrator

Just received a box from Mastro; that's the quickest I can recall receiving my winnings from them. For those who care, no fancy packing tape happy.gif

My Trade/Sale Page

Old 03-12-2009, 02:02 PM
Administrator

Posted By: CoreyRSh.anus

I can attest to the fact that Bruce has an outstanding collection.

Old 03-12-2009, 02:25 PM
Administrator

Posted By: David Seaborn

Edited to remove any baseball card content since this is yet another thread that has degenerated into topics which have nothing to do with vintage baseball cards.

Old 03-12-2009, 02:45 PM
Administrator

Posted By: marshall barkman

Uhhh Ohhhh....Bruce now you have done it. By answering questions and talking about cards that you own you are now going to get put in the arrogant,rich man,self promoting.......i guess that just about covers it name calling category......i was driving down the newtwork54 highway and noticed you were pulled over by the Network54 police.......when did Wonka get a new Chocolate Eclair squad car? I must admit that the red and white peppermint rims were kinda cool.

What is so hilarious is that this police squad always wants someone to prove something or show something. Also when a person does show something or prove facts then the whole crew gets in the Eclair squad cars and heads over to Sloates house to give out awards to best baseball card lister of that month. Of course Barry always wins because even the police squad could not bear the sounds of whining that would be brought on them if Captain Ebay of Brookyln would lose.

Old 03-12-2009, 02:46 PM
Administrator

Serenity now

Old 03-12-2009, 02:56 PM
Administrator

Marshall your fascination with me is flattering to say the least, and you can also take your nose out of Bruce's rear end I can assure you that you two have nothing in common.

Also for the record I know Bruce has some amazing cards, nothing negative was said about Bruce just he missed out on some T209's on his list.

But hey what a surprise! A post from you that has nothing to do with cards. Just more puffery and cheap shots love to see you post a card or some knowledge about cards. Also love how the posts directed to Bruce round back to you...LOL

It's becoming very clear why we only see you respond or post in the OT threads.

I'm not taking shots at you daily although it would be easy too..not sure why you keep tossing down about me daily?

For the record I believe Adam made a call out post not me...

Old 03-12-2009, 02:57 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mark Lutz

Is this thread still in the best interest of baseball?

Old 03-12-2009, 03:09 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Bretta

Marshall, how about adding something positive to the board instead of showing off your huge persecution complex. The posts weren't even aimed at you and yet you still have to bring it around to being all about poor Marshall.

Your act is growing tiresome.

Old 03-12-2009, 03:12 PM
Administrator

David, look at the bright side: you'll have at least one opportunity to consign to Mastro-Lite. Granted, you may not be all that enthusiastic considering the fact that the proceeds of your last consignment are being held hostage.

Old 03-12-2009, 03:13 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jim VB

"Your act is growing tiresome."

Wow. You, Mr. Bretta, must be a slow study.

happy.gif

Old 03-12-2009, 03:20 PM
Administrator

15 years of usenet gives one a high tolerance for internet trolls.

Old 03-12-2009, 03:31 PM
Administrator

Ohhhh man now i am in trouble......Judge stands and is pissed....Silence in the courtroom.....i said silence...Wonka is not done with MB3.....

Sweetness.......i have seen you post a countless number of times in regards to Bruce not going after certain high end cards and my question to you is simple- Who cares?. What good can come out of that? Why even bother to post it? Just like when you rolled up in your Chocolate Eclair flying saucer and started talking trash on indian cabinet cards and your collecting knowledge, do you think i care about any items you own? Have i ever questioned any items that you have? . The point is not whether you are right or wrong is that you are not a dumb person, when you question someone expect a response and big deal if it is not the response you are looking for. I'm sure the man can see those cards but perhaps he has reasons for not buying them. I love Hal Chase and i would buy that card at Milehigh right now in a PSA 8.5 but the back of that card bugs the sh&^t out of me so i am going to pass.

Also the reason i do not post on card topic help threads is because why would i? Do you think if i were in town taking a lesson from Jim Flick that i would then take over his students and start teaching them?
It is not my place to educate these guys on card topics nor start advising folks on what cards they own and never am i going to say to someone that they are lying and do not own cards.

I enjoy learning about the cards and also seeing them. I leave the identifying and other questions up to the folks that founded this board so enough said.

I am not sucking up to Bruce and i could care less if he and i have anything in common. What we do have in common is that the Wonka express bash team constantly questions our posts and throws little mental jabs all the time about cards we own and when we respond then the team cries to Leon ohhhhh noooooo please ban please ban.

I merely stated that Bruce does have a personality and is not afraid to voice his opinion which i respect....also Lichtman's next post is a classic and shoule be nominated for a Network 54 moonman.

The reason i keep rolling is because there were several e-mails that asked me to remain on the board. Card dealers and other folks stated that who cares what these guys are whining about because if i left then they are just going to find someone else to ride or bash.

In my league Wonka if you bring your C game then the field laps you and not only do you get buried but the fellows talk mad trash constantly until your game comes back. It is relentless and never ending. God forbid if you whine or complain because then the party really starts.

Also i will admit that the peppermint rims were clean, kinda of a Jay-Z flav
thing you got going on.

Old 03-12-2009, 03:36 PM
Administrator

"i have seen you post a countless number of times in regards to Bruce not going after certain high end cards"

Really when besides in response to his "WANT LIST" genius and just above where I referenced his "WANT LIST"....

Are we not to respond to folks want list now...oh and yawn right back to your indian cabs and few T206's..you're like Groundhog Day the movie only not funny...

Old 03-12-2009, 03:40 PM
Administrator

Bretta....it's all good. Pretty hard to bring something useful to a thread that started out as a Mastro auction thread but then turned into a Dorskind does not have cards........or written books........or bought certain high end PSA graded cards...... bash thread.

I'm wondering that you have no problem busting my balls constantly yet you fear saying anything to Akatz or Boxingcardman. Are those guys like your neghbors oe something?

I think you should do something useful like moderate correctly so when you see a post go off topic then do something, don't wait untii i post something to get a swelled chest as if i started it.

Old 03-12-2009, 03:47 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff Prizner

Marshall makes me miss Peter Chao.

Old 03-12-2009, 03:48 PM
Administrator

[linked image]

Old 03-12-2009, 03:50 PM
Administrator

Marshall, David A and Boxingcardman add content to the board. You do not. Those that do get some leeway in off topic posting. You on the other hand should add something useful instead of trying to direct everything back around to you. I know you want this board to revolve around you, but it's not going to. Just like you want to be the guy on stage offending people or the guy in the clubhouse offending people so too you want to be that guy on our forum. you're boring.

Old 03-12-2009, 03:53 PM
Administrator

Sweetness...i understand the reason for your post in the want list in regards to Dorskind. But then i saw it again and now here it is on this thread. I also notice you say nothing for the entire thread and then once Boxingcardman body slams Bruce then hear you come flying off the top rope. I also notice Bretta says nothing while a thread started about Mastro spins out of control and turns into a Defend or Bash Dorskind thread......now when i post here he comes from out behind the corn stalks.

Vegas has it right now in the next hour here is the action on AS The Netwrok54 World Turns.......Levine will come online with a grandpa story........JimVb will join the band wagon because he loves to pile on........Leon will say nothing because his computer is jammed from ban requests and each one is smothered with candy and corn sauce...... so he gets frustrated and buys another 1 of a kind card that is so rare that when he recieves it in the mail it will be delivered via horseback.

Old 03-12-2009, 03:58 PM
Administrator

When's your birthday?

http://tinyurl.com/buhzqc

Old 03-12-2009, 04:01 PM
Administrator

Bretta.....on a serious note did you ever think about a career in politics? Your last post was a classic......almost was Nixon like to a certain degree.

Old 03-12-2009, 04:01 PM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

Marshall- just out of curiosity, you cited me in a post about an hour ago, something about bringing the cards to Brooklyn, and I can't even figure out if you complimented me or dissed me. If anyone can unravel it, please post the translation right on this thread. Thank you.

Old 03-12-2009, 04:04 PM
Administrator

Sweetness........welcome to the big leagues my friend. That post is hilarious. Finally a needle instead of a whine. Congrats!

You left out one my fav's though and that is racehorses.

Old 03-12-2009, 04:06 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Ryan Christoff

Kenny,

I thought you were trying to get back to the big leagues again. Did you make it back? Congrats! Tell us about the BBQs you used to have in Seattle.

-Ryan

Old 03-12-2009, 04:06 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

Ignore him. Will be much more effective than engaging him.

Old 03-12-2009, 04:07 PM
Administrator

Barry......i just spit soda all over reading your last post......whew god was that funny. Bro i do love ya because you crack me up. I was being sarcastic because i saw like 75 plus responses to your Ebay consignment thread.

Old 03-12-2009, 04:07 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Al C.risafulli

I could have sworn I read a post from Marsha where he said he wasn't going to post anymore. Did I just dream that?

-Al

Old 03-12-2009, 04:13 PM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

I get it...everybody on the board was being friendly to me, in a jocular kind of way, so no need to be sarcastic.

Old 03-12-2009, 04:16 PM
Administrator

[linked image]

Old 03-12-2009, 04:16 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Joann

Oh for good G*d d*mn sakes.