NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old Today, 11:39 AM
Brian Dalrymple

Default Consignor's check

Does anyone know what is the norm or standard for most AH's on issuing consignor checks? Then specifically any knowledge about LOTG?

I ask because one promised assumed date has led to another and then emails don't get answered regarding the subject.

I won't say all is bad or good, but my first major consignment to an AH has led me to feel the need to post an in-depth review here soon. Maybe it's common knowledge among old heads and those who have worked the AH's on consignments plenty in the past, however I think something could be gained from an in-depth review or review thread.

"If it's not at least a hundred years old, I probably won't want it."

"Yesterday's price, is not today's price."

The goods --> https://www.flickr.com/photos/196575621@N05/albums

Last edited by anchorednw; Today at 06:35 PM.
Old Today, 11:50 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by anchorednw View Post
Does anyone know what is the norm or standard for most AH's on issuing consignor checks? Then specifically any knowledge about LOTG?

I ask because one promised date has led to another and then emails don't get answered regarding the subject.

I won't say all is bad or good, but my first major consignment to an AH has led me to feel the need to post an in-depth review here soon. Maybe it's common knowledge among old heads and those who have worked the AH's on consignments plenty in the past, however I think something could be gained from an in-depth review or review thread.
I will say a persons first major consignment to an AH is a learning experience.
Old Today, 12:01 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Typically takes about 30 days for most auction houses. Some a bit less; some more. With regard to LOTG, I head that their consignor checks should go out next week. Patience is a virtue.

https://www.youtube.com/@tsogreatness/videos
Old Today, 12:10 PM
Lüc@s Dëwėãšę

Currently waiting on my first auction consignment check ever as well. It's been nearly 7 weeks but I was told in advance they generally took a while. So if anything I'm only very slightly annoyed at this point.

My Baseball Snapshot Photo collection- https://imageevent.com/lucas00/snapshotcollection

Original Type 1/Press photos etc for sale- https://imageevent.com/lucas00/photosforsale
Old Today, 12:16 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

30 days about customary.

7 weeks?????

Last edited by Snapolit1; Today at 12:17 PM.
Old Today, 12:31 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

7 weeks seems nuts.
Old Today, 12:31 PM

I pay in 2 weeks can't, speak for others...

https://www.brockelmanauctions.com
Old Today, 12:58 PM
Brian R

What does your contract say?
Old Today, 01:06 PM
Chase

I think 30 days is a reasonable amount of time. It also can depend on the liquidity of the house. Most of us pay asap so we can get our stuff as fast as possible however I would imagine that some people may not be as great at paying their bills timely as others. Bidding under the influence (of stupidity, giddiness, or their drink of choice) does compromise one's ability to pay timely. I think the US has over 1 trillion in consumer credit card debt so spending beyond our means seems acceptable...I am not part of that group, thankfully.
Old Today, 01:07 PM
Brian Dalrymple

Please let me clarify that no explicit promises were made by LOTG, but simply implications from LOTG as to when checks would go out that sort of evolved into being later than what was originally told. Again, my aim is not giving a negative review of LOTG, but to ask others their experiences, the norms, an what to expect as this was my first larger consignment. A full review of my first consignment will be coming following the completion of this, my first consignment.

Last edited by anchorednw; Today at 01:08 PM.
Old Today, 03:27 PM
Robert J. Miller

I am waiting for my first ever consignor check as well. I consigned to REA when I dropped off two cards in March at the Oaks, PA. show for their March Encore auction. At the time, they told me it could be up to 6-8 weeks for payment but generally payment is made within 4 weeks. So I should have it any time now.

Does anyone know if you can drop off cards at their location in Chester NJ? I have a 1948 Leaf Warren Spahn PSA 5.5 just graded and a 1948 Swell Jackie Robinson Rookie PSA A for a future auction.

Thanks,
Bob
Old Today, 03:38 PM
Jamie

Never mind

Last edited by Schlesinj; Today at 03:44 PM. Reason: Could not find
Old Today, 03:54 PM
Albert Bee

Default auction s

Funny, seems when you buy something in a major auction. They want payment almost immediately
Old Today, 03:58 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Sterling turns over their auctions quickly both in terms of shipping and consignments.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old Today, 04:58 PM

Sometimes you just gotta call the AH and say, "Send the _______ check"
Old Today, 06:10 PM
Melissa

My experience with Heritage has been to get paid 4-6 weeks later. In the co-signer section of both the website and app it says when the check should arrive by, when the close-out happens by, etc.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old Today, 06:17 PM
Charles Jackson

The most recent LOTG consigner agreement I have (from June 2023) states "Providing LOTG has received payment from the buyer, you will be paid within forty-fve (45) days afer the closing date of the auction in which your item(s) sell."

Their last auction closed on 3/30, which was 27 days ago. Am I missing something?

Last edited by cgjackson222; Today at 07:06 PM.
Old Today, 06:18 PM
Jerry Tate

Default 30 days

I think 30 days should be reasonable...I've had some take longer...I recently consigned a few that took a while longer for the first auction but the second check came much quicker...doesn't hurt to call sometimes...if people are posting your cards on Net54 that is a sign the auction house needs to pay...Jerry
Old Today, 06:47 PM
Fred

What is the normal time that an AH requires payments for winning lots? If it's two weeks then 30 days would seem like a reasonable amount of time for a consignors payment.

What happens if an AH gets stiffed on the winning bid or the bidder is just really late in paying? I'm guessing that could lead to delays in consignor payment.

I've never looked, but do the AHs post consignor payment information on their websites for people looking to consign with them?
Old Today, 07:19 PM
Brian Dalrymple

LOTG has reached out to help clarify. Special thanks to those who reached out to Al to help speed along the response

My understanding was that checks would be sent out 2 weeks after the invoice date (days following auction close). That would have been last week. When in fact, what I have been told is they begin issuing checks then, but it can last up to 30 days after auction closes...so 2+ weeks of consistently sending checks, of which yours could be 1st in line, last in line or anywhere in between apparently.

My guess is that this staggered approach is largely due to a cash flow issue and not wanting hundreds of thousands of dollars in checks cashing at once in conjunction with a variety of payment that has been collected.

The "30 days" after auction close seems appropriate enough. I suppose a little more transparency in the difference between "checks going out 2 weeks after auction close/invoice date" and "checks starting to go out and continuing on as late as 30 days of auction close/invoice date." was what I was after.

Being this was my first time submitting a sizeable ($25-50K) consignment, I was eager to understand how it would all unfold.

Again, a review of my first experience will be forthcoming upon completion of this one. I am already looking toward my next consignment, where I might consign and using initial experiences to shape my future choices. More to come.

Old Today, 07:31 PM
Charles Jackson

The question has been posed about what your consignment agreement states.