NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-28-2017, 03:36 PM
Scott Russell

To all the people who are upset by the trade up thread. How many trades have you made where your goal was to come out behind??? Maybe he expresses his goals inelegantly, but at least it's honest.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 04-28-2017, 03:51 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
To all the people who are upset by the trade up thread. How many trades have you made where your goal was to come out behind??? Maybe he expresses his goals inelegantly, but at least it's honest.
Right but and noone is against sweat equity. When someone asks you what you are going to do with the ultimate prize, usually to spark interest that person probably could have a better answer then saying its a secret basically and attempting to ridicule the person for just asking the question

People that may be following along could have interest in what will be done with the prize. So I do think the posters had more problems than just him saying he wants to come ahead in any deal..
Old 04-28-2017, 04:34 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
Right but and noone is against sweat equity. When someone asks you what you are going to do with the ultimate prize, usually to spark interest that person probably could have a better answer then saying its a secret basically and attempting to ridicule the person for just asking the question

People that may be following along could have interest in what will be done with the prize. So I do think the posters had more problems than just him saying he wants to come ahead in any deal..

You are negative in every thread. Mad mush. Mr. Wambulance

Last edited by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE; 04-28-2017 at 04:34 PM.
Old 04-28-2017, 04:49 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE View Post
Its pretty negative to say you are leaving the hobby because people are so bad on the board......thats about as negative as you can be and gives our discussion a little context.

You have done that. I have not. I could only hope to achieve your negative status...

In addition, you have also posted about a 'bad experience about fellow member' Only to speak in 1s......i guess it would be more negative if it was -1s and -2s.

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=238960

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 04-28-2017 at 04:52 PM.
Old 04-28-2017, 04:51 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Its pretty negative to say you are leaving the hobby because people are so bad on the board......thats about as negative as you can be and gives our discussion a little context.

You have done that. I have not. I could only hope to achieve your negative status...

In addition, you have also posted about a 'bad experience about member' Only to speak in 1s and 2s.....i guess it would be more negative if it was -1s and -2s.

Does that even make sense? That's such a brutal rebuttal. How is that negative?
Old 04-28-2017, 04:53 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Good luck in your quest for the Mantle and enjoy the hobby

(This is a very positive post)

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 04-28-2017 at 04:54 PM.
Old 04-28-2017, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Quote:

In addition, you have also posted about a 'bad experience about fellow member' Only to speak in 1s......i guess it would be more negative if it was -1s and -2s.

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=238960
Quote:
Mr. Abb.ondandolo,

So Now We Can Add, 'I Got Burn'd By Another Crew Member'
To Your Net54 Tale ~

So Here's Sum Advice;

Please Don't get caught up in Answering wit Name CalliN...
Your GettiN Confused & LosiN Focus!

Just Do What You Do Best...

Start a New "Ultimate Mr. Mantle Trade uP" Thread
And use Your New Net(19)54 Mr. Mantle as Bait...

C'mon Now... Focus, Focus, Focus!
Old 04-28-2017, 05:10 PM
D0NN1E B

Quote:
In a trade the idea is to be equal. If you are trying to one up somebody in a trade then shame on you.
Old 04-28-2017, 05:34 PM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaineer1999 View Post
In a trade the idea is to be equal. If you are trying to one up somebody in a trade then shame on you.
Well, shame on me then, though I am a dealer and trying to make a living. But at least my full name is on my posts, especially ones "shaming" other board members.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

Last edited by Aquarian Sports Cards; 04-28-2017 at 05:34 PM.
Old 04-28-2017, 08:09 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
I think the part that rubs some members the wrong way, myself included, is that he is basically saying I am going to do enough one sided trades with all of you to turn this $500 card into a 52 Mantle. And posting about it on the main page of the forum. The intent certainly doesn't seem malicious. But the better way to go about it would have been a chronicle of transactions done away from the board that showed him working towards his goal, in my opinion.
Old 04-28-2017, 08:29 PM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 View Post
I think the part that rubs some members the wrong way, myself included, is that he is basically saying I am going to do enough one sided trades with all of you to turn this $500 card into a 52 Mantle. And posting about it on the main page of the forum. The intent certainly doesn't seem malicious. But the better way to go about it would have been a chronicle of transactions done away from the board that showed him working towards his goal, in my opinion.
Hence my comment that he expressed his goals inelegantly. I think we basically agree here.