NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-16-2018, 06:19 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corporal Lance Boil View Post
I guess I don't understand. Actions have consequences. This young man made a conscientious effort to deceive, for financial profit. Not only that, but he is technically under his parent's jurisdiction, yes? He made an effort to deceive people of their hard earned money, their time, and their love of collecting. I have no idea why his continued presence here would be justifiable.

Ban.
Tony
He is going on a year, formal hiatus after today.
Old 04-16-2018, 06:46 PM
rob.ert int.rieri

Disappointing. In the future when asking for advice on card matters via PM you can keep the "blessings and thanks" for someone else. No excuse for this kind of stuff but time will tell, hopefully we will see a positive change, good luck to you.

Also, I just noticed you started a thread on jan 2 2018 (which you edited in late March) looking for UZIT backs and I'm starting to think there is more to this story (I just cut and pasted it here).........

I would be thrilled to pick up my 1st Uzit, Broad Leaf, or Red Hindu this weekend!
Any condition, any front, any price.

I can add cash to a trade deal or add trade to a cash deal.

Photos, PMs, emails work, too

Blessings in reminder of the Savior who gave His life for us this Easter weekend,

NJ

Last edited by iwantitiwinit; 04-16-2018 at 07:26 PM.
Old 04-16-2018, 07:15 PM
Joh.n Spen.cer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corporal Lance Boil View Post
I guess I don't understand. Actions have consequences. This young man made a conscientious effort to deceive, for financial profit. Not only that, but he is technically under his parent's jurisdiction, yes? He made an effort to deceive people of their hard earned money, their time, and their love of collecting. I have no idea why his continued presence here would be justifiable.

Ban.

Tony
I believe his Confession would have been better done in church rather than the board.
Old 04-16-2018, 07:46 PM
Ricardo

Default Nj

Sadden to hear about n j.
He sold me this Magee and it's my favorite t206 and I
am happy with it.
Best of luck
Richard
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180416_213653.jpg (73.1 KB, 645 views)
Old 04-16-2018, 08:00 PM
rob.ert int.rieri

Hmmmm.
Old 04-16-2018, 08:12 PM
Howard Chasser

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardcards View Post
Sadden to hear about n j.
He sold me this Magee and it's my favorite t206 and I
am happy with it.
Best of luck
Richard

Anyone else thinking what I am?
Old 04-16-2018, 08:25 PM
Brendan Mullen

Really sad to hear of this. We have all made mistakes. You seemed like a good dude too. This is a learning experience. Hopefully you come back in a year a better person from this.
Old 04-16-2018, 08:46 PM
St@n Go.len

Tell me this guy is like 12....certainly acts like it

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Old 04-16-2018, 08:55 PM
€dw@rd Sk€£t0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcv123 View Post

Anyone else thinking what I am?
This?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (9.3 KB, 590 views)

Collecting PCL, Southern Association, and type cards.
http://hangingjudgesports.com
Old 04-16-2018, 08:56 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowderedH2O View Post
Forgiven dude. Put it in the past. Be a stand up person here from now on and you'll eventually get credibility back. None here can claim to have been 100% honest for their entire lives. It is how you learn and grow from it. Good luck.
I don't see how you'd ever get credibility back after something like this. It's not like he accidentally bought a counterfeit card and unknowingly tried to sell it as an original. An unfortunate aspect of this for me is the fact that he's been reading our complaint threads about fraudulent Ebay sellers and the damage they do this hobby and thought hey that sounds like a good idea, I think I'll give that a try.
Old 04-16-2018, 09:28 PM

Sometimes you gotta say, "WTF" and admit your guilt.
Old 04-16-2018, 09:33 PM
N.ate A.dams

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjudge View Post
Bye Felicia
+1
Old 04-16-2018, 09:34 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
all joking aside...it'll be tough to recover from such a flub...but it can be done. Some will never forgive...many others will forget. But It WILL take years of being an upstanding member of society...I mean net54.
Some forgive, some forget and some do both. There is still a poster here that was found to be a member of a neo-nazi website years ago and he just rolls along like it never happened.
Old 04-16-2018, 11:28 PM
Sean Costello

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
Some forgive, some forget and some do both. There is still a poster here that was found to be a member of a neo-nazi website years ago and he just rolls along like it never happened.
I'm sorry that I missed that drama.
Old 04-17-2018, 06:01 AM
Howard Che.r.n.i.ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
I missed it also. Is there a link?

Buythatcard

http://stores.ebay.com/Buythatcard
Old 04-17-2018, 06:10 AM
Adam Goldenberg

Default Wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
Would love to know this person so I can write them off my list of people to do transactions with.
Old 04-17-2018, 06:16 AM
Howard Chasser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradedcardman View Post
Would love to know this person so I can write them off my list of people to do transactions with.
Me too
Old 04-17-2018, 06:21 AM
Bill

Yet another reason to reinforce my decision to ONLY collect PSA/SGC slabbed cards. I know the major graders aren't perfect either and can miss one here and there but it's getting to be like the wild west with ungraded items, IMHO.
Old 04-17-2018, 06:25 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Was that Jerry Senility?
Old 04-17-2018, 06:42 AM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Was that Jerry Senility?
Yep
Old 04-17-2018, 06:45 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Yep
Not a fan but dunno....Don't think he is a skinhead just senile. I know he had visited a site like that. I don't think we want skinheads on this site but I don't think Jerry fits the bill. Like I say, I think he is just senile. That said if anyone has any proof I would love to see it and will act on it.

Last edited by Leon; 04-17-2018 at 06:56 AM.
Old 04-17-2018, 07:21 AM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Not a fan but dunno....Don't think he is a skinhead just senile. I know he had visited a site like that. I don't think we want skinheads on this site but I don't think Jerry fits the bill. Like I say, I think he is just senile. That said if anyone has any proof I would love to see it and will act on it.
Well, it was 9 years ago, and he was signed up for the website. He claimed it was a "history" site. I don't know how old Jerry is, but even a senile person would find the "history" on that site to be off a bit.
Old 04-17-2018, 07:28 AM
Kyle May

NJ's sincerity in this apology should be heavily scrutinized. I have good reason to believe he's only sorry he got caught.

I have a friend in the hobby that noticed something fishy with NJ's eBay listings, and he showed them to me. NJ and I have had some good conversations in the past, as I'm sure many of you have experienced. I reached out to him to see what these fishy listings were about, knowing full well what the intent was. From NJ's presence on here, he always came off as a very passionate individual regarding the hobby, trying to soak up knowledge and really be a positive influence in the community. I knew he wasn't ignorant when it came to fakes, and his listings clearly contained fakes. It angered me, and when I confronted him, his responses pissed me off even more. For full disclosure, I will copy and paste our conversation from February below.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kyle May Feb 21 to NJ
Hey NJ,

Are you selling reprints as questionable?

NJ Dunkin Feb 21 to me
Hey Kyle!

Great to hear from you, brother. I actually put up the listings to try and copy the pseudo-legitimate style that so many listers use, but ended up feeling bad and took down as many as I physically could at the end, while bidding up the other two to make sure no one would win them.

Next time I re-list, I've decided to make it much more clear that these are intended to look like old reproductions (although I had listed the cards as "reprints" under that category already.)

It's a fun project to make them and make a few bucks in turn

How have your collecting adventures been? Picked up anything new lately?

Kyle May Feb 21 to NJ
Cut it out. You're better than that. I've always thought highly of you, and from what I know you have a good reputation in the hobby. Don't jeopardize that for a few cheap bucks. You're doing it on a separate account from your main eBay account, which is sketchy as well.

NJ Dunkin Feb 21 to me
Hmm...perhaps you are right. I wouldn't do this to damage my reputation intentionally, but selling "reprints" could be cardboard suicide. I'll give this some thought.

Kyle May Feb 21 to NJ
You're smarter than that, and I think you know why you did this, and that what you did/are doing was/is wrong. You went for the chump change. Of course you didn't purposefully damage your reputation, because you didn't think you'd get caught by selling on your second account. Your emails don't sound very remorseful either, and now I'm seeing a post on Net54 that you're looking for 3 pricey cards? Please tell me you aren't using any profits from this scheme to fund those purchases. Sorry NJ, but something stinks here and I don't like it.

NJ Dunkin Feb 21 to me
Kyle,

I have never done this for easy money or to take a sleazy road. That has never been and never will be my intention. Please hear my heart on this--don't read in to this more than it is.

I'll never sell reprints like this again. I can give you my honest word, I never did this to take advantage of anyone. It was just like crafts in school; I did it for fun in an effort to make intentionally advertised reproductions for display.

The moral ambiguity was a mistake on my part; realizing how foolish that looked only came after I logged in to check the auctions.

I would not want to lose my friendship with you at all, brother. I wouldn't lose it for the world. I really enjoy your company and love our discussions of old cards.

Additionally, if you would like to hear why I asked about those cards on N54 (the expensive ones), I would be happy to explain them to you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From what I've seen in his similar conversations with others who have confronted him, he has worked to sculpt his "apology" to open the door as much as possible for forgiveness. Essentially, he's working the angles to avoid the death penalty in the hobby. I wanted to share our conversation because I don't believe there should be much sympathy for him. I know people live by the adage "forgive and forget" but I'm not sure I'll ever forgive, and I sure as hell won't forget.

I have no idea how old he is. I do know that money affects livelihoods. It's criminal what he did, no matter the age, and his knowledge on the situation is well beyond any potential ignorance at his age.

- Hall of Famers
Progress: 318/340 (93.53%)

- Grover Hartley PC
Needs: T207 Anonymous Factory 25 Back, 1914 New York Evening Sun Supplements, 1917 D328 Weil Baking Co., and (possibly) 1917 Merchant's Bakery

- Jim Thome PC

- Cleveland Indians Franchise Hall of Fame
Old 04-17-2018, 07:28 AM
Glenn
Glen.n Sch.ey-d

Surely the simplest explanation is that he endorses the views espoused on the site. Perhaps he's also sending his savings to Nigerian princes and to people selling raw T206 Wagners on eBay or something, but being senile doesn't make you racist. It might make you less careful about revealing your racism, but that's a separate issue.
Old 04-17-2018, 07:32 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Well, it was 9 years ago, and he was signed up for the website. He claimed it was a "history" site. I don't know how old Jerry is, but even a senile person would find the "history" on that site to be off a bit.
He denied being one. Not every single member of our 9000+ members collect cards....But if someone saw they were a member here at a primarily card forum, they might assume they were a collector of cards. But it's not always the case.

Back to NJ. I really hope he learns from this. I wish I had learned some life-skills things when I was younger. Learning the hard way is difficult.

Last edited by Leon; 04-17-2018 at 07:34 AM.
Old 04-17-2018, 07:35 AM
Peter Spaeth

I can't understand why, if he bid the lots up to make sure nobody else won them due to remorse, he then opened the unpaid item cases. And as a seller, can't you always cancel your own listing even if there are bids on it?

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 04-17-2018 at 07:36 AM.
Old 04-17-2018, 07:37 AM
pete ullman

Another good reason to avoid collecting T206...no one messes with caramels!!!!!
Old 04-17-2018, 07:43 AM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
He denied being one. Not every single member of our 9000+ members collect cards....But if someone saw they were a member here at a primarily card forum, they might assume they were a collector of cards. But it's not always the case.
I didn't buy his explanation then and I certainly don't forget or forgive when it comes to something like that. NOBODY could ever read a single thread on that site and come to the conclusion that it's a good place to read up on history. I think maybe you should go back and read the thread. And sorry that I've sidetracked this thread (you can thank me in a year Mr Dunkin), but that's the first thing that pops in my head every single time I see him post here.
Old 04-17-2018, 07:50 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdunkin1 View Post
Net54 members and all,

Before I communicate the following words, I wanted to let you know that this is NJ Dunkin, posting regarding a mistake I made a few weeks’ past. I made some counterfeit T206 reproductions to sell on eBay, but instead of making clear that these were fakes, I made the area of authenticity very gray. I recognize this as immoral, deceptive, and misleading.

Here is a link to one of the four auctions in question:

Abbatchio Uzit

I seek forgiveness for three things:
1) My actions were wrong. I recognize this and apologize for it.
2) I was confronted about this on Facebook (Tobacco Row) and stretched the truth in order to paint myself in a better light. I seek forgiveness for deceiving Facebook and board members alike.
3) I should have posted this publicly as soon as it happened, yet I delayed in posting to try and preserve my self-image and reputation.

I realize that this whole situation and how I handled it was wrong, and that I have no excuse for my actions.

I have reserved post #2 for the full details of the story. I wrote this out about a week ago. The details of the story below are the truth, but you do not have to read them or even read further than this sentence. I know the last thing I deserve is your forgiveness, but I felt led to communicate this to you knowing that it was wrong to carry on without associating myself publicly with my actions.

Thank you to the board and Facebook members for the encouragement to take this step.

Noah "NJ" Dunkin
My only question is, were all the cards listed like the one in the link? That one clearly says it is a reprint.
Old 04-17-2018, 07:53 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
My only question is, were all the cards listed like the one in the link? That one clearly says it is a reprint.
Not really. It says being sold as a reprint per ebay rules, but then he invites people to conclude otherwise by posting a scan of an authentic card and saying "you decide." Also he lies about the origin of the card, saying he just acquired it as opposed to he made it himself.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 04-17-2018, 07:55 AM

In 1999, I had to join a couple of white supremacist websites in order to interview a Klan leader and Tom Metzger (google him, creepy dude) for a graduate school project. Haven't been back since. Those places were...well....sobering.
Old 04-17-2018, 08:14 AM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
I'd consider doing business with a racist or a skinhead before I would with someone who blatantly defrauded others in the hobby. Although I do agree it would be best not to have either as members of this community.
Old 04-17-2018, 08:20 AM
Rob

Don't believe this has been pointed out, but you can end an auction that has bids, so the non-shilling claim seems a little hard to believe.

Not that it wasn't hard to believe in the context of this listing to begin with.

That he tries to portray himself as a con man with standards (I wouldn't shill bid!) leads me to believe he's not coming completely clean and would probably be hard to trust at any point in the future.

On a side note...I don't believe this is really a high schooler. I think he/she is trying to catfish us.

Last edited by Fballguy; 04-17-2018 at 08:24 AM.
Old 04-17-2018, 08:26 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fballguy View Post
Don't believe this has been pointed out, but you can end an auction that has bids, so the non-shilling claim seems a little hard to believe.

Not that it wasn't hard to believe in the context of this listing to begin with.

That he tries to portray himself as a con man with standards (I wouldn't shill bid!) leads me to believe he's not coming completely clean and would probably be hard to trust at any point in the future.

On a side note...I don't believe this is really a high schooler. I think he/she is trying to catfish us.
Yeah I just mentioned that, and it does undercut his story. As does opening up the non paying bidder case.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 04-17-2018 at 08:26 AM.
Old 04-17-2018, 08:27 AM

Default ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdunkin1 View Post
Net54 members and all,

Before I communicate the following words, I wanted to let you know that this is NJ Dunkin, posting regarding a mistake I made a few weeks’ past. I made some counterfeit T206 reproductions to sell on eBay, but instead of making clear that these were fakes, I made the area of authenticity very gray. I recognize this as immoral, deceptive, and misleading.

Here is a link to one of the four auctions in question:

Abbatchio Uzit

I seek forgiveness for three things:
1) My actions were wrong. I recognize this and apologize for it.
2) I was confronted about this on Facebook (Tobacco Row) and stretched the truth in order to paint myself in a better light. I seek forgiveness for deceiving Facebook and board members alike.
3) I should have posted this publicly as soon as it happened, yet I delayed in posting to try and preserve my self-image and reputation.

I realize that this whole situation and how I handled it was wrong, and that I have no excuse for my actions.

I have reserved post #2 for the full details of the story. I wrote this out about a week ago. The details of the story below are the truth, but you do not have to read them or even read further than this sentence. I know the last thing I deserve is your forgiveness, but I felt led to communicate this to you knowing that it was wrong to carry on without associating myself publicly with my actions.

Thank you to the board and Facebook members for the encouragement to take this step.

Noah "NJ" Dunkin

Huh??

Are you leaving the hobby?

Toby Petersen
Old 04-17-2018, 10:23 AM
Adam Goldenberg

Default 1 year

I believe Leon banished/suspended him for one year. Enjoyed the young blood in the hobby. Hope he stays in it.
Old 04-17-2018, 10:35 AM
Sam Sw@rtz

I think this situation just shows that nothing good happens when high school boys hang out on Internet chat boards with mostly middle-age adult males.
Old 04-17-2018, 10:38 AM
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino

What’s to stop him from mastering his skills? Going to other Facebook/forums ?
Making more FAKE ebay accounts with the intention of selling fakes and shilling them? Making or already has made a fake net54 user name?

Answer: NOTHING!!!

This is the birth of a card con artist. He’ll be around for years.
Old 04-17-2018, 10:43 AM
Peter Spaeth

Who knows what direction this young man will take, hopefully an honest one, but there are some major card doctors who started quite young.

Old 04-17-2018, 10:52 AM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

When you read the OP's words they do not sound like they are coming from a HS kid(see conversations with Kyle)--they sound like an older person. Call me skeptical, but I do not believe he is in HS.
Leon-Has he given you any proof that he is in HS?
Old 04-17-2018, 11:01 AM
C@rl P@rk

Remember this thread? He deleted all of his comments last week.

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?p=1520993
Old 04-17-2018, 11:17 AM
P. Sp.ec.tor

Quote:
When you read the OP's words they do not sound like they are coming from a HS kid(see conversations with Kyle)--they sound like an older person. Call me skeptical, but I do not believe he is in HS.
Sure he's in HS. He takes printshop as an elective
Old 04-17-2018, 11:26 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
No, and there are a few issues at hand. If in fact he is under 18 he shouldn't be on our BST anyway, without a parents approval (I have gotten a few over the years). Secondly before he is allowed back he and I will have a long conversation before he is admitted. If he is good enough to fool me in a long and inquisitive conversation, God Bless him. And also, at which time I will ask to speak to a parent.
ps...skinhead affiliated person is gone.

Last edited by Leon; 04-17-2018 at 11:26 AM.
Old 04-17-2018, 11:55 AM
Kyle May

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanicalman View Post
I think this situation just shows that nothing good happens when high school boys hang out on Internet chat boards with mostly middle-age adult males.
I'm not sure which route of insinuation this comment is supposed to take, but I don't think I want to go down any of those paths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookiemonster View Post
Making more FAKE ebay accounts with the intention of selling fakes and shilling them? Making or already has made a fake net54 user name?

A big Pre-War card group on Facebook has been well notified of his existence. He actually tried joining, and his first post was an admission or something (I forget if it was in response to someone calling him out after they recognized the name). I'm sure other card communities on social media are being made aware of his existence.

Quote:
Full-heartily agree. I think he has more to hide than what he's leading onto. There is a lot in his story that doesn't make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul S View Post
Sure he's in HS. He takes printshop as an elective
Well done.

- Hall of Famers
Progress: 318/340 (93.53%)

- Grover Hartley PC
Needs: T207 Anonymous Factory 25 Back, 1914 New York Evening Sun Supplements, 1917 D328 Weil Baking Co., and (possibly) 1917 Merchant's Bakery

- Jim Thome PC

- Cleveland Indians Franchise Hall of Fame
Old 04-17-2018, 12:16 PM
Rob R.

He had YouTube videos up under the account EpicMistCOC they are since deleted or private (I guess)
Old 04-17-2018, 12:37 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMayUSA6060 View Post
NJ's sincerity in this apology should be heavily scrutinized. I have good reason to believe he's only sorry he got caught.

I have a friend in the hobby that noticed something fishy with NJ's eBay listings, and he showed them to me. NJ and I have had some good conversations in the past, as I'm sure many of you have experienced. I reached out to him to see what these fishy listings were about, knowing full well what the intent was. From NJ's presence on here, he always came off as a very passionate individual regarding the hobby, trying to soak up knowledge and really be a positive influence in the community. I knew he wasn't ignorant when it came to fakes, and his listings clearly contained fakes. It angered me, and when I confronted him, his responses pissed me off even more. For full disclosure, I will copy and paste our conversation from February below.

Kyle May Feb 21 to NJ
Hey NJ,

Are you selling reprints as questionable?

NJ Dunkin Feb 21 to me
Hey Kyle!

Great to hear from you, brother. I actually put up the listings to try and copy the pseudo-legitimate style that so many listers use, but ended up feeling bad and took down as many as I physically could at the end, while bidding up the other two to make sure no one would win them.

Next time I re-list, I've decided to make it much more clear that these are intended to look like old reproductions (although I had listed the cards as "reprints" under that category already.)

It's a fun project to make them and make a few bucks in turn

How have your collecting adventures been? Picked up anything new lately?

Kyle May Feb 21 to NJ
Cut it out. You're better than that. I've always thought highly of you, and from what I know you have a good reputation in the hobby. Don't jeopardize that for a few cheap bucks. You're doing it on a separate account from your main eBay account, which is sketchy as well.

NJ Dunkin Feb 21 to me
Hmm...perhaps you are right. I wouldn't do this to damage my reputation intentionally, but selling "reprints" could be cardboard suicide. I'll give this some thought.

Kyle May Feb 21 to NJ
You're smarter than that, and I think you know why you did this, and that what you did/are doing was/is wrong. You went for the chump change. Of course you didn't purposefully damage your reputation, because you didn't think you'd get caught by selling on your second account. Your emails don't sound very remorseful either, and now I'm seeing a post on Net54 that you're looking for 3 pricey cards? Please tell me you aren't using any profits from this scheme to fund those purchases. Sorry NJ, but something stinks here and I don't like it.

NJ Dunkin Feb 21 to me
Kyle,

I have never done this for easy money or to take a sleazy road. That has never been and never will be my intention. Please hear my heart on this--don't read in to this more than it is.

I'll never sell reprints like this again. I can give you my honest word, I never did this to take advantage of anyone. It was just like crafts in school; I did it for fun in an effort to make intentionally advertised reproductions for display.

The moral ambiguity was a mistake on my part; realizing how foolish that looked only came after I logged in to check the auctions.

I would not want to lose my friendship with you at all, brother. I wouldn't lose it for the world. I really enjoy your company and love our discussions of old cards.

Additionally, if you would like to hear why I asked about those cards on N54 (the expensive ones), I would be happy to explain them to you.

This sounds like a poorly written screenplay.
Old 04-17-2018, 12:45 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Question: If he had walked into a card show and stolen some cards from a table would you be OK with having him here again, ever? If the answer is "no" then I don't think he should be allowed back. There are enough crooks in the hobby already; we don't need a trainee-crook.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 04-17-2018, 01:15 PM
James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
Question: If he had walked into a card show and stolen some cards from a table would you be OK with having him here again, ever? If the answer is "no" then I don't think he should be allowed back. There are enough crooks in the hobby already; we don't need a trainee-crook.
I completely agree. Even if he is young (and I very much doubt he is younger than 20 based upon reading his words in this thread) he pursued an extended con. If someone makes a lot of mistakes when they are young that primarily screws up their own life (drugs, alcohol, etc.), I'm sympathetic. If the focus is on damaging someone's else life that's a whole different ballgame in my book. Plus I'm really tired of those that follow this pattern:

1) Sell yourself as an extremely devout Christian do-gooder by saying things like "all blessings to Jesus, our Lord and savior, etc."

2) Do a series of things over a long period of time deliberately damaging other peoples' lives.

3) Once caught (not before then), ask or expect to be vindicated though a bunch of superficial mea culpas.

I don't buy it, and I don't see that as being harsh or overly punitive. I see it as being a realist. If he earnestly wants to compensate for conning people he can undertake his own self-exile away from this Board/hobby. We are all full up on bad actors in this hobby. There is no need for another casting call in a year.

Last edited by griffon512; 04-17-2018 at 01:19 PM.
Old 04-17-2018, 01:46 PM
T!.m H.
Tim Hu,nt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookiemonster View Post

I agree but I hope that his/her getting pinched on this forum is the end in the hobby for this person, maybe he/she rights themselves and this episode is not just their "gateway drug" to bigger and more sophisticated scams...

Last edited by chalupacollects; 04-17-2018 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Bad grammar/punctuation!
Old 04-17-2018, 01:51 PM
“the bambino”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
LOl. Indeed. What balls. How dare you rip me off when I'm trying to rip you off.
Lmao