NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-28-2007, 06:46 PM
Administrator

Default Question on the threads

Posted By: leon

Unfortunately I have begun to doubt myself a little bit with the reactions I get from folks on the board. What I think is common sense others disagree with. I honestly can't believe some of the absurd (to me) reactions from folks I respect about issues the last few days. So, should I delete those 2 threads? Unfortunately I kind of think they were questions that could at least be asked. Doesn't the board want it to be open? 1st Amendment rights? I am not trying to start anything here...I like Dave a lot and I thought the questions were out of line but they were questions pertaining to the hobby by someone that had their name by them with an email address.....Dave gets my full support....

Old 09-28-2007, 06:50 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Zinn

I think the threads should be deleted. Once the poster has edited out the content it makes the thread meaningless.

__________________________________________________ _____

Edit:

Had the poster not gone anonymous and had not deleted the content I don't think the thread should have been locked much less deleted.

Administrator

Posted By: Chris Bland

If the guy puts his name and e-mail in his post and asks a legitimate (even if unpopular) question about someone, I dont see why it should be deleted. The popularity of the board member being questioned shouldnt factor in with the decision IMO.

Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

Yes, Leon, delete them. This is my last post. Sorry again for any trouble I may have caused. I still feel very strongly about Dave F. spamming though.

Old 09-28-2007, 06:53 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Bretta

Leon, I still think you do an great job running this board and you did the right thing by locking up those two threads. I could almost understand leaving them up, but when it comes from a lurker that nobody apparently knows he should get no leeway whatsoever when it comes to starting controversial threads.

And for the record I don't think Dave spams the board. Like most of us he works his collection by selling stuff and he doesn't really have a focus so he goes after what he likes and that means you got to sell stuff to buy stuff. What's the big deal?

Old 09-28-2007, 06:54 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dave F

Leon-

My thoughts...I don't care if you really leave them up or not. However...the one about me does do what I didn't intend..which was out the auction! It was in plain sight to begin with..anybody that would have missed it I dont know how...but this guy started the thread saying it was on ebay. I never intended for that.

The only reason I asked about the pop report was in case I did have the facts wrong..didnt want the wrong thing listed on the auction and someone have problems with it after they won it. I guess I should have left it be....

But, I don't care either way if it gets deleted or not...you can't make every happy and you can't make everyone like you..

Dave

Administrator

I want to see how this plays out. I really don't know anymore. I used to think I knew the difference between right and wrong but not so sure anymore..Especially if someone supports a website and the owner is cruel to animals....I thought that question was at least acceptable to ask...but again, I don't know anymore....I will take more guidance from the board...

Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

PLEASE DISREGARD MY MESSAGE...THANK YOU

Old 09-28-2007, 06:56 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dave F

Matt-

By all means call and dicuss it with me. Email me directly for the number.

Old 09-28-2007, 06:56 PM
Administrator

I hope everyone sees that no matter what I ever do on this board I will have people not liking me, or my decision. I could say the sky is up and 7 people would tell me I am crazy.....This high paying job ain't so fun sometimes. I am always wrong to some folks....

Old 09-28-2007, 06:58 PM
Administrator

Please Leon...that was an absurd question. I don't like the way Rupert Murdoch runs his Fox News corp but I still watch the Simpsons.

Old 09-28-2007, 07:00 PM
Administrator

Sorry I have to ask but which question? You can already see the split about deleting, censoring, or locking the threads....This is actually sort of interesting to see how folks feel....

Old 09-28-2007, 07:01 PM
Administrator

Trying to associate Rob Lifson with Chicken fighting because the owner of a forum partakes in it is absurd.

Old 09-28-2007, 07:05 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Tony Andrea

Leon -
My opinion is this. As much as I agree that the two posts were inappropriate
I think the people on the board like myself who have dealt with Dave first hand
know he's a good guy and would simply ignore the post and not get involved.
It would rapidly fall to the bottom of the page and it would be forgotten rather quickly.
Leaving that one up, even though ridiculous wouldn't have been a big deal in my opinion.
On the other hand, the one about Rob Lifson and cockfighting should have been deleted
immediately as it was. Nothing constructive that has to do with baseball cards would
have come out of that post and it doesn't belong here.

Tony

Old 09-28-2007, 07:06 PM
Administrator

So you are saying since REA wholeheartedly supports that site, and the owner does cockfighting everyday, it's an absurd question? I don't think it's any more absurd than some of the sh** I have taken lately, quite honestly. Just trying to keep it open....IF the majority in this thread say to delete them then I will.....I will delete this one too if the majority wants me too...I am not sure what else I can do....What would you do with these 3 threads if you were me, Dan?

Old 09-28-2007, 07:07 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Shawn

Taking a wild guess on someones integrity without even knowing them and especially on a forum such as this is out of line. Its BASEBALL, Its NET54. Leon, hang on to what you feel is right. I am with you even if you say the sky is down!

Shawn

Old 09-28-2007, 07:08 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Marty Kohler

MY 2 CENTS....... by a newbe

I`ve watched your posts long enough to know you truly care about this forum. Take action and take control!!! Yes you are not going to make everyone happy so............do what you think is right and move on........ lets keep this thing fun!!!

(Nobody bats 1000)

GO YARD

Old 09-28-2007, 07:08 PM
Administrator

I will see the prevailing thoughts in about 15-20 minutes and do what the board wants with these three threads. I respect the wisdom of the board and want it to be run the way the members want it. I don't know what else I can do....I do want to talk about collecting and cards more though....I really do...

Old 09-28-2007, 07:12 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Al Simeone

WHAT NEAL SAID!!!
I enjoy going on to the site but over the last few days some of the threads that have been started are just plain STUPID. If Leon is making money on the site So What. Start your own site and you can do what ever you want! Does it really matter? Rob into chicken fighting WOW . Thats real news! Next I guess Bill Mastro might have a printing press set up and is now making his own T206s!!(Hello Bill) Lets just stick to the topics GREAT TALK ABOUT CARDS AND MAYBE A STRETCH ONCE IN AWHILE (LEONS PERMISSION) PINS BATS GLOVES. Leon you know I like pins!! And stop all the B.S. about all the things that are just plain meaningless!
This ones for you Leon as you know I like Jokes!
I just got back from the fridge over the last few days,
THOSE PRETZELS WERE MAKING ME THIRSTY!!

Old 09-28-2007, 07:20 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rick McQuillan

Leon, I'm sure you have heard the old saying - "when you try to please everyone you end up pleasing no one". Trust your judgement, do what you think is right and don't look back. There will always be people who disagree with your decisions, and these people will be more vocal than the majority who agree with you.

Thank you for what you do. Keep up the good work. I spend a lot of time on this board and I enjoy it very much, but I wouldn't remotely consider moderating the board for $10-$15K.

Rick

Old 09-28-2007, 07:20 PM
Administrator

There is precedent for deleting a thread that the originator wants deleted. I did it on those 2. I am locking this one so we can get back to cards. I hope a few people will start some good threads soon about cards or the hobby and lets get back to it. I do know how to take control of the board ....

Edited to say I do appreciate the support of so many board members. I am sorry I doubt myself sometimes.....I hope everyone understands...