NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-18-2007, 12:07 PM
Administrator

Default Memory Lane Redux?

Posted By: davidcycleback

Most of the big auction houses have your credit card number. I always assumed that helped ensure people paid their bills.

As someone who does not collector or invest in graded cards from any company, I can understand cards being re auctioned. The changing of the cert numbers, however, is curious and the auction house and/or PSA should explain. There could be a perfectly reasonable explanation that would end the debate. That PSA has suppressed discussion of the subject on the CU board would suggest to most reasonable minds that PSA feels there is an unflattering explanation. Because if there was a sound and reasonable explanation they would tell it-- why wouldn't they?

That PSA has suppressed discussion of the topic and not given an answer would appear to be their answer. Sometimes silence speaks more than words.

Old 04-18-2007, 12:26 PM
Administrator

Posted By: WhenItWasAHobby

"Someone reneged on 20+ cards?"

Probably a former contributor to one of J.P.'s charity fundraising outfits!

Old 04-18-2007, 12:37 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Scott Elkins

With 20+ cards NOT being paid for..........I will tell it like I see it...........The Auction House tried to run some people up on their bids, the people didn't bite and bid higher, the auction house did not want to pay for the lots, then claimed non-paying bidders and relisted the cards! It can never be proven of course, b/c its not like the ex-con is going to admit to it, but IF I had to bet, this is the scenario I would put the FARM on!

Old 04-18-2007, 01:03 PM
Administrator

Posted By: BuddyMason

I can not do it right now...because it will be lengthy.....but I will post a message @ about 6:00 - 7:00 EST that will give the full story of what happened in the MemoryLane auction (Dec. & April) regarding the 34' Goudeys and others. Sorry for the delayed response...but I just became aware of this whole mess.

Old 04-18-2007, 01:12 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

Buddy, feel free to include PSA's involvement as well. I wouldn't want Joe Orlando to think that by just deleting thread after thread on the CU site that his company's involvement would go poof too.

Old 04-18-2007, 02:23 PM
Administrator

Posted By: ScottIngold

Who is Buddy Mason ?

Old 04-18-2007, 03:42 PM
Administrator

Posted By: BcD

all us M-116 collectors know ole Buddy( who isnt actually that old and does have some hot chick viewed on his old myspace account)

Buddy had the killer M-116 registered set he broke up and sold for $34,987,543.13 plus $5.00 per for shipping~

Buddy can also be found here Jeff:

.html?hint=tt0055662

BcD

Old 04-18-2007, 04:16 PM
Administrator

Posted By: BuddyMason

I HAVE POSTED THE STORY UNDER A NEW THREAD ENTITLED "THE MEMORY LANE FULL STORY"

PLEASE TAKE A LOOK !

Old 04-18-2007, 05:21 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Frank Evanov

Seems like we've forgotten about our little bigot Mr. Schwartz. His email to me:

there is a board rule against posting emails ....since we ask people to take their issues with each other to private emails we don't feel it appropriate to allow them posted on the board, unless approved by both, or all, parties. (leon)

Old 04-18-2007, 05:29 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bottom of the Ninth

Frank,

First of all I do not care that you post my emails, though it is a board rule not to post private emails, So nice of you to only show parts of all of the emails demonstrates who the real loser is between the two of us. What are you trying to prove? Just like Daniel above you, you like to show only the parts of the exchanges that make you come out looking like a victim. You are despicable. Why don't you add something to the topic of the thread and save the rest of your BS for a private email with me, coward.

edit to add complete email exchange:

same to this post, unfortunately....no private emails please ( leon )

Old 04-18-2007, 05:31 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Frank Evanov

Keep talking Greg, your foot goes down your mouth deeper with each word. A coward might let you get away with your religious prejudice, but I will not.

Frank

Old 04-18-2007, 05:41 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bottom of the Ninth

It is forgivable that you were born without a sense of humor but the absence of a sense of decency and an IQ over 39 is just inexcusable.

Old 04-18-2007, 05:51 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

I don't think we really need this thread anymore. The other thread is performing nicely and on the same subject. I had to edit 2 posts in this thread due to private emails being posted. That is against the board rules. Lets discuss it in the other thread please...And continue to take your disputes, if you must, to private emails....thanks much.....