NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-27-2004, 10:39 AM
Administrator

Default OLD CARDBOARD MAGAZINE

Posted By: john/z28jd

no fair adam...hey i wrote for vcbc a couple times,so id be a good person to comp a magazine too.If i like it ill promise to subscribe.I was just waiting to read a copy before i did

Old 10-30-2004, 07:39 AM
Administrator

Posted By: runscott

There is no postmark to keep the USPS honest.

Old 10-30-2004, 09:45 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie

having been sent the end of September. For some reason, it was in slightly better condition than the one I received first class last Monday.

Looks like my very own E107 Thomas right square in the middle of the front cover...Mark Macrae must be thrilled to see the Western Playground set in full color, instead of the wistpy reproductions that accompanied his "set" articles in VCBC...photos of the National are pretty good, but the print of the group of guys from the Forum is a little dark (Leon appears to be hiding), and the photos of the '20s game set--which I've never seen ONE of before! are neat. Even the ads, most of them, are in color, all throgh the magazine.
What am I talking about? I'm almost the last one to receive it!Is this the exact same card that's on the cover? It used to belong to Brian McQueen...

Old 10-30-2004, 07:18 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian Weisner

Hi All,
I can't remember what the bet was, but I think I will definitely be the last to receive the magazine, if I receive it at all. People can bad mouth VCBC all they want, but I have never had any trouble receiving it, and If I did, the editors would send out a fresh copy special delivery to satisfy there customers. To date I have sent 2 emails detailing the failure of delivery , but have yet to receive an acceptable response or a magazine. I guess you have to advertise to receive any consideration. It's funny,,,, I'm very easy to deal with, and give everyone the benifit of the doubt, but it seems I'm being ignored at this point, so I will probably cancel my subscription. Happy Halloween to all Brian

Old 10-30-2004, 07:42 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

It must be a human error or they didn't realize it never got to you. They are good folks and I think it was just an oversight. Either way send me an email where you want one sent and I will send it out Monday....no problem....I am sure you would do it for me...later

Old 10-30-2004, 07:56 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie

(my media mail one came yesterday; my first class one came last Monday), but 1) after ordering the first class magazine for $8, I got a letter--a form letter, I think--saying replacement magazines would be sent out free of charge, and I never got my $8 back. 2) I was communicating with them about something else, and actually had two failures--a write, and a re-write, and had to send both twice.

Maybe it's because there're TWO of them?

The magazine is good, and I love the two sheets of type cards-they hang framed in my livingroom, right where I can see both very well.

Old 10-30-2004, 08:58 PM
Administrator

Thanks for the info Leon and Julie, I appreciate your input. Now that my NC Tarheels have upset Miami, I can go celebrate with a few beers and forget about little things like magazines not showing up. Happy Halloween to all. Brian

Old 10-31-2004, 09:03 AM
Administrator

edited to remove comments. Effort by the Hardemans is certainly appreciated - I'll give feedback by email.

Old 10-31-2004, 04:44 PM
Administrator

Hi All
I'm happy to report that Lyman Hardeman called today to express his concern over the USPS's failure to deliver the Magazine in a timely manner. I believe they are trying to address all of the subscriber concerns and that they will improve delivery of the magazine in the future. I look forward to receiving my copy so that I may share in the discussions of the board. Be well Brian

Old 11-04-2004, 08:24 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Tim

I ordered my magazine last week and it arrived today. Nice and quick transaction. I am pretty new to collecting vintage cards and hope to learn by reading this magazine. Very informative. Looks great. Thanks.

Tim

Old 11-11-2004, 04:31 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Christy

I am looking for a mag on T206s for my husband as a gift.. could you guys point me in the right direction? You sound like you know what you're talking about!

Thanks,
Christy

Old 11-11-2004, 05:56 PM
Administrator