NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 10-27-2018, 11:44 AM
$cotty @.utin

Default I went to my first WS game last night...

My son loves baseball and since we don’t have cable, I told him I would take him to the American Legion and we would watch game 3 with some of my friends. About midway through the week, ticket prices to the game dropped down in price. They weren’t cheap but still within reach. My wife and I discussed it and we decided that it was a memory that will last him for a lifetime. I picked him up from school and told him that O was sorry but we wouldn’t be able to go watch the game on TV at the Legion. I handed him an bag and when he saw the tickets his eyes got huge. We took off for the stadium and when we got there and the energy in the stadium was incredible. The game was a constant back and forth and maddening as the Dodgers just couldn’t score as it went into extra innings. The teams were burning through pitchers (and I’m sure it destroyed the roster for followon games). We hit 11pm (around the 14th inning) and my son was showing signs of fading. It continued back and forth ruthlessly and the stadium continued to be energetic. It was an awesome place to be! The roster continued to dwindle as new pitchers and pinch hitters came out (Clayton Kershaw even pitch hit!). We hit 1230 in the middle of the 18th (with no end in sight) and my son said he would like to take off. He was hungry (they stopped serving food about 7 innings earlier) and he had a baseball game this morning at 9am. We decided to tap out and as we were walking to the car I heard the stadium erupt. I knew right then that the Dodgers had just won the longest World Series game in history. We looked it up in the car and saw that Max Muncey hit a solo for the win, my son was super excited as he is a big Muncey fan and got his signed ball earlier in the season. I wanted to be disappointed that I missed it but it was impossible, I just spent a really memorable evening with my son. Watching his face light up the entire evening, cheering and feeling the energy and his glee that he was “part of history” makes it one of the best memories I have with him. If he doesn’t remember it for the rest of his life, I know I will.

Vintage Army Football Collection
http://www.wix.com/armyautin/vintage-army-football

Last edited by smotan_02; 10-27-2018 at 11:46 AM.
Old 10-27-2018, 03:18 PM
Lou Simcoe
L0u Sim.coe

That's fantastic! And what a game!!!!
Old 10-27-2018, 06:08 PM
5t3v3...D4.w50n

Quote:
Originally Posted by smotan_02 View Post
We hit 1230 in the middle of the 18th (with no end in sight) and my son said he would like to take off. He was hungry (they stopped serving food about 7 innings earlier) and he had a baseball game this morning at 9am. We decided to tap out and as we were walking to the car I heard the stadium erupt. I knew right then that the Dodgers had just won the longest World Series game in history.

How can they run out of Dodger Dogs?!!!!!

Steve

Current Wantlist:
1909 Obak Howard (Los Angeles) (no frame on back)
1910 E90-2 Gibson, Hyatt, Maddox
Old 10-28-2018, 05:29 AM
Ben North

Great story, thanks for sharing. I still remember my one and only WS game.
Old 10-28-2018, 09:27 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve D View Post
How can they run out of Dodger Dogs?!!!!!

Steve
Steve,

They didn’t run out of Dodger dogs. It’s a union thing. In a 74 inning game the workers return at their regular time the next day and start serving again, usually around the bottom of the 49th inning.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 10-28-2018, 01:52 PM
Garth Guibord

Darren Rovell tweeted this info about ticket prices:
Anatomy of Get-In Ticket Prices on StubHub for Game 5 at Dodger Stadium during last night’s Game 4:
0-0: $330 for cheapest seat
Dodgers go up 4-0: $525 for cheapest seat.
Red Sox go up 8-4: $295 for cheapest seat.
7 hours after Sox win 9-6: $190 for cheapest seat.

I guess this stands as a good opportunity to see a WS game if anyone is in the area...