NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present)

Old 04-02-2018, 02:01 PM
Mike

Topps is pre- selling Living Set Card of Ohtani at $ 7.99 each and on ebay it is pre-selling at $ 5.00 with free shipping ?????? How can that be ????? Any explanations appreciated !
Old 04-02-2018, 02:15 PM
D@vid Fel@

There are quantity discounts. If you buy 20+ its about 3.50 per card
Old 04-02-2018, 02:40 PM
Mike

I found it. Thanks

Last edited by insidethewrapper; 04-02-2018 at 06:18 PM. Reason: sp
Old 04-04-2018, 11:50 AM

I bought the living set card. For 8 bucks I'm willing to go out on a limb.
Old 04-05-2018, 07:59 AM
Jonathan Sterling

I am buying the set from the Ebay seller for $5 per card. You pay him monthly and when all the cards for the month are delivered he send them out. I will let you know how it works out.
J
Old 04-05-2018, 09:14 AM
C@rl P@rk

I think it's a cool concept, and will go with it for awhile. It's less than my weekly coffee budget, understanding that it'll add up over time. I like that it's actually a relatively scarce issue (not one of those serial numbered types) and the cards are gorgeous. We'll see how long I stick with it.

T206:
405/524
67/76 HOF
29/48 SL
0/4 Big 4
2/2 StL Polar Bear SPs

Carlton Fisk PSA Basic Set Registry:
65/83
GPA: 9.51

Finished Topps Complete Base Set Run:
1973 - 1994, 2005 - 2008, 2010, 2012 - 2017
Old 04-05-2018, 10:33 AM
Х r

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfanNY View Post
I am buying the set from the Ebay seller for $5 per card. You pay him monthly and when all the cards for the month are delivered he send them out. I will let you know how it works out.
J
The issue with doing this is that you can get them from Topps directly for $5 per card (if you do the 3 card bundles it is 14.99 with free shipping) and you get topps reward points.

Then if Topps does surprise parallels or Autos like they did with Topps Now in the first year (https://www.cardboardconnection.com/...baseball-cards), then the person making the bulk purchases and reselling them will get to cherry pick these out and you won't get those. Also the last two years for those that buy from Topps through the year they send a special card at the end of the year around Christmas.

So to sum it up you are paying the same price without any topps reward points, without any chance of receiving any parallel cards, and no chance of extra gift cards at year end.

Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Matthew 6:19-21
Old 04-05-2018, 10:54 AM

If you only want singles though it doesn't make sense to buy all of them. I only want Ohtani and an Acuna if they make one.
Old 04-05-2018, 12:56 PM
Х r

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
If you only want singles though it doesn't make sense to buy all of them. I only want Ohtani and an Acuna if they make one.
Agreed. If you aren't buying the set, as the OP I quoted said he was doing, then buying singles from Ebayers is the best option.

Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Matthew 6:19-21
Old 04-05-2018, 02:49 PM
Jonathan Sterling

I understand the rewards part but I get the mailings offering autographed cards and am a top tier rewards guy who gets the free monthly cards as well as other bonus cards through the year. My concern was missing a week or two and just did not need the hassle.
J