NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 07-30-2013, 11:39 AM
Mark

Default Who is the contact at the Standard Catalog of Baseball cards

...now that Bob Lemke has retired. Used to be one could contact him and discuss corrections to the book.

Who does one go to now to make corrections to sets?

Do they even care?
Old 07-30-2013, 12:18 PM
P. Sp.ec.tor

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse9 View Post
...now that Bob Lemke has retired. Used to be one could contact him and discuss corrections to the book.

Who does one go to now to make corrections to sets?

Do they even care?
Krause is the editor. No doubt that he cares
Old 07-30-2013, 01:46 PM
Mark

So how does one get in touch with "Krause"?
Do they solicite input from the public?
Old 07-30-2013, 01:46 PM
Al Richter

Default Scd

Try Tom Bartsch, Editor of SCD-- Tom.Bartsch@fwmedia.com. They have a web site with contact info.

But they may not publish another book, and the last volume did not list anything post 1980

There is a thread on CU by a couple of guys a few months back who had some luck getting him to consider some additional variation listings, maybe for a on line update

Last edited by ALR-bishop; 07-30-2013 at 02:00 PM.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:04 PM
Rich Klein

Default I've written and posted about this before

But F&W, for correct corporate reasons but bad hobby reasons really flubbed with what they did with the SC. I'll try for a future Rich's Ramblings to lay out my case one more time, and how it messed up the SC going forward

Rich
Old 07-31-2013, 10:39 AM

I have been thinking about buying a Standard Catalog lately, but haven't pulled the trigger because I'm not sure which of the more recent editions is the best representation of the series. I'm hesitant to buy the most recent versions because I'm getting the impression that they dropped the ball somehow (I'm eager to read the Rich's Ramblings that addresses this subject, btw).

I'm mostly interested in vintage, but wouldn't mind a guide to the recent stuff as well. Which would be best for me?
Old 07-31-2013, 12:41 PM
Al Richter

Default Scd

If you get just one get the 2011 20th edition Standard Catalog of Baseball cards, it is huge ( over 1800 pages) but has all the post 1980 cards listed. The last edition which does not have a year on the cover and is called The Standard Catalog of Vintage Baseball cards is only 700 pages but drops all post 1980 listings.

I keep both but mostly use the 20th edition because it lists all Topps issues of any kind by year, which is how I like to access them. The Vintage edition lists each regular Topps set by year, but then lists all the insert and test sets separately and alphabetically, which since some of these issues are referred to by different names, makes it hard to use....for me. I think there were several printing errors as well that seemed to cause Bob Lemke to be less than pleased with how his final edition came out
Old 08-02-2013, 11:53 AM

Thanks, Al. I have ordered the 2011 edition and am looking forward to its arrival.