NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 01-09-2013, 09:52 PM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Default Cheap Ruth on Ebay if u want

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BABE-RUTH-Si...item5651662978

he's got a Walter Johnson as well.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:09 PM
Wayne Walker

Definitely cheap, and I like the guys wording in the listing. If you don't like the LOA, that's this isnt for you. No talk of the auto, though.

http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/f...NFT/?start=all
Old 01-09-2013, 10:31 PM
Perry Lin

This looks like an expensive forgery. I've never seen a pointy "b" in his auto.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:08 PM

He's doing nothing wrong. He's asking you to buy the cert--which is what most people do, anyway. He's just being upfront about it.

Last edited by David Atkatz; 01-09-2013 at 11:09 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Atkatz View Post
He's doing nothing wrong. He's asking you to buy the cert--which is what most people do, anyway. He's just being upfront about it.
exactly, its the same thing people do when they show a psa or jsa cert. people dont know the autograph from adam, so they buy the cert and hope for the best that the LOA company knows, which we have found out they don't.

thats why even psa and jsa certs are worthless unless you think they can be 'experts' at 40,000 different celebrities.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
exactly, its the same thing people do when they show a psa or jsa cert. and who knows if their b. ruths are any good either. like the napkins signed by ruth certed by the big company. what a joke.

Last edited by travrosty; 01-10-2013 at 06:27 AM.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:23 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by travrosty View Post
exactly, its the same thing people do when they show a psa or jsa cert. people dont know the autograph from adam, so they buy the cert and hope for the best that the LOA company knows, which we have found out they don't.

thats why even psa and jsa certs are worthless unless you think they can be 'experts' at 40,000 different celebrities.
so true, it's an embarrassment how stupid collectors are. One day, the PSA & JSA stickers on your collectibles will have the same warm fuzzy feel of the Global sticker. I still have PSA & JSA on 20-30% of my stuff though because the autographs are actually "REAL", which is more than you can say for half of the certed crap out there.

I especially hate when sellers put the tag lines JSA/PSA in the headings of their ads. Then in the ad, it states "it will pass" PSA & JSA. How moronic.

I of course put it in my ads too when I'm selling something (LOL) but at least it's not in the heading
Old 01-10-2013, 03:17 PM
Dave Millhouse
Banned

It has been removed.....didn't get a chance to see the autograph....but I would bet that it was removed because it didn't have the magic ebay coa.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:58 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Tell me, Mr. Atkatz, when you purchased your first "1927 Yankees" team-signed baseball, did you "buy the cert," or did you rely on your own "expertise?"
Old 01-11-2013, 05:28 PM

I relied on my expertise, Chris. I put my money where my mouth is, and lost. I was fooled. (I trust my own expertise, too, when I fly. As a licensed pilot, I put my life in my own hands often. I trust myself, and I'm willing to act on that trust. I've bounced a landing or two, but I'm still here.)

I know that you, on the other hand, have never been fooled; you have never made a mistake. When you authenticate an autograph, you speak ex cathedra. I wish I had such skill.

But tell us, Chris, about your renowned Tom Tresh collection. Have you ever put your money where your mouth is? Have you ever trusted your own "expertise" by actually buying something worth more then a ten-spot?

(BYW, right now, this is between me and Chris. No one else. He goaded me, and I reacted. I could, I suppose, have taken the high road, but I chose not to. I've told Chris what I think of him, and I'm done. Chris, of course, can choose to continue this, but it's no one else's business. Let's keep it that way, shall we?)

Last edited by David Atkatz; 01-11-2013 at 05:56 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:48 PM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Quote:
I relied on my expertise, Chris. I put my money where my mouth is, and lost. I was fooled. (I trust my own expertise, too, when I fly. As a licensed pilot, I put my life in my own hands often. I trust myself, and I'm willing to act on that trust. I've bounced a landing or two, but I'm still here.)

I know that you, on the other hand, have never been fooled; you have never made a mistake. When you authenticate an autograph, you speak ex cathedra. I wish I had such skill.

But tell us, Chris, about your renowned Tom Tresh collection. Have you ever put your money where your mouth is? Have you ever trusted your own "expertise" by actually buying something worth more then a ten-spot?

(BYW, right now, this is between me and Chris. No one else. He goaded me, and I reacted. I could, I suppose, have taken the high road, but I chose not to. I've told Chris what I think of him, and I'm done. Chris, of course, can choose to continue this, but it's no one else's business. Let's keep it that way, shall we?)
David,

I get what you are asking, but could you guys just try to take this to a PM or your own separate thread, instead of crapping on all the other threads....
"What I have done after my baseball career -- being able to help people with their lives and getting their lives back on track so they become productive human beings again -- that means more to me than all the things I did in baseball" - Don Newcombe

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/jgmp123
Old 01-11-2013, 09:02 PM

James, why don't you respond to Chris' posting, instead of blaming me?

I made a statement that in NO way was aimed at him, concerned him, or had anything to do with him, and he uses it to to get off a quick and completely uncalled-for insult.

Fu#k him.

Pardon me for "crapping" on your thread again.

Last edited by David Atkatz; 01-11-2013 at 09:02 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:05 PM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

I was simply responding to the "nobody respond" request...just a friendly request to both you and Chris. You both have a great deal to offer the hobby and those on this board and the constant bickering causes people to tune you both out at times.

I respect both of your opinions a great deal and feel the value you add could be worth so much if you worked out your differences and just squashed this already.
"What I have done after my baseball career -- being able to help people with their lives and getting their lives back on track so they become productive human beings again -- that means more to me than all the things I did in baseball" - Don Newcombe

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/jgmp123
Old 01-12-2013, 07:32 AM
Christopher Williams

Quote:

Ironically, Mr. Atkatz, I wasn't "goading" you at all. I was asking a serious question in response to your post?

When I want to "goad" you, you will know it.

As for my Tommy Tresh collection, it's what I've been collecting since I bought my first Topps card in 1964. If you wish to make fun of it, that's your choice.

I never knew that "collecting" is based on whether an item is purchased for a "ten-spot" or 10K.