NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-12-2009, 01:31 AM

Default JimCrandell's Card Museum . . .

http://www.network54.com/Forum/52660...ge+Card+Museum

Not sure if this has made it yet onto sportcard collectors' radar screens, but an interesting development.

Since Jim's idea also involves his graded baseball cards, thought you'd all be interested to read this thread, just underway, on the N54 non-sports vintage card forum.
Old 10-12-2009, 05:08 AM
Barry Sloate

Good for Jim...hope it all works out. I know he is passionate about his collection. The general public will love looking at the cards, but can they relate to the slabs?
Old 10-12-2009, 08:02 AM
pete ullman

Default Cool!

I think that's a great idea...I hope Jim can get it to fly...I would certainly make the spiritual journey out there to see Jim's massive collection. I wonder if it will have a room...er a wing devoted to trimmed cards?

Last edited by ullmandds; 10-12-2009 at 08:03 AM.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:05 PM
Br1an N0Iff

I think ALOT of people just dont want to admit that some cards in thier collection are trimmed. If I was a major collector and a company was sliding by trimmed cards (knowingly or unknowingly) and it got out, ones collection would take a huge financial hit.
Old 10-12-2009, 05:36 PM

A great example is the Harris collection. I do think that it is great that Jim is starting a museum though. He has a great collection.

Last edited by Epps; 10-12-2009 at 06:52 PM.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:18 PM
pete ullman

Default It is what it is

It is documented that cards have been trimmed...practically as long as there have been cards. It never mattered much to the true collectors...then $$$$$ got in the way!
Old 10-12-2009, 06:46 PM

Default Museum

Truthfully, I think it's a great idea to have a baseball card museum and commend Jim for doing it! I wish I would have been able to go to a baseball card museum when I was a little kid. Could you imagine what it would have been like to see baseball cards that were a hundred years old when you were 12 or 13? Maybe some of you had the opportunity, I know I didn't.

Also, I really don't care whether his cards are trimmed or not. He has an incredible collection and he "is" a collector. Just because he doesn't collect raw or lower grade, doesn't mean that he isn't a collector. The argument gets old.

Jeff
Old 10-12-2009, 08:04 PM
pete ullman

Default I agree!

I agree...first ever baseball card/other cards museum...this is an awesome idea and I hope it comes to fruition...I'd go! It would be great for the hobby!
Old 10-12-2009, 08:48 PM
Rich Klein

Default Actually Larry Fritsch tried this in the 1980's

But I think his goal was to make a profit AND he did the museum in Cooperstown while still living in Wisconsin. Great idea but not totally executed.

Rich
Old 10-13-2009, 07:05 AM
Scott

Default cool idea!

Jim, ignore the haters, people get jealous and respond with hate posts..i deal with it also...i have haters (trolls) following me around Boards jealous of my Pujols Collection....it happens....just ignore it, they are usually of lesser intelligence anyway so its not worth your time or even your thought!

anyhow, i thought this set may be of interest to you...i know it debunks the sterotype "you collect pictures of men"......just display this set and BAM! no more funny comments!

Last edited by ScottFandango; 10-13-2009 at 07:18 AM. Reason: scan added
Old 10-13-2009, 03:06 PM
Johnny S

It could be a good move for PSA to team up and make a museum grading center. People could come in and get cards graded on the spot and compare to notch examples up on the walls.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:58 PM
Peter Spaeth

In rural Georgia?
Old 10-13-2009, 08:23 PM
Johnny S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
In rural Georgia?

" If you build it, they will come ! "
Old 10-13-2009, 08:57 PM
Br1an N0Iff

Fandango is that post in reference to me?
Old 10-17-2009, 08:38 AM
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flintboy View Post
Fandango is that post in reference to me?

no, i have no idea what you refer to...

i was serious, i was giving jim a suggestion on another set if he hadnt already started it---they are available in PSA 8 like he desires....