NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > 1960-1979 Baseball Cards B/S/T

Old 09-15-2018, 01:36 PM
Dan Mabey

Default 1962 Post Cereal Baseball Card Promotion Book

Fellow POSTulates,

This is a note to let you know I have reprinted for a third and final time the monograph BRAGGING RIGHTS, covering the 1962P baseball card promotion. I will not inundate you with the specifics in this post, but please know that I have updated the variations and product-to-player information and inserted previously unavailable color box panels into the galleries. If you already own BRAGGING RIGHTS, this update is not essential. The new edition has been affectionately coined "Fifteen Years Gone". Should you have an interest in acquiring the monograph, please send your inquiry through Net54 and I will furnish the exhaustive narrative explaining why I was compelled to undertake this effort one last time. And for all of my long-time hobby friends and associates, thank you for making my mornings -- and life -- a little bit better. KEEP ME POSTED, aka Dan Mabey.
Old 09-23-2018, 08:13 PM
Ken Marks

Default What a Great Book

Just thought I would take a couple of minutes and give folks not familiar with Dan Mabey's books a quick overview. Dan was the guy who passed on to a lot of us such a great understanding of the various Post Cereal Baseball Card promotions of the early 60s. He produced three books, each dealing with a different year's baseball card promotion (1961, 1962, 1963). Each book is just outstanding and without question the books have significantly enhanced a number of us Post Cereal collector's enjoyment of the issues though a better understanding of the nuances and background of the set. The 1962 book that he is discussing in the thread is his most elaborate effort. The book contains a ton of color pictures of card panels, front panels, and advertising items, beside all the detailed background information and analysis of the set. One of the best things in this book is an elaborate description of every card on every box including variations (so for example Norm Cash has 9 different descriptions) that documents the different color, cropping, and narrative differences that are pretty much a must for anyone trying to put together a 1962 Post Cereal Master Set (a card for every player appearing on all the different panels--so like over 500 cards). Try doing that on your own---no chance. Anyway the book is just top-notch and I certainly recommend.