NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

View Poll Results: IS this Grading Company trying to deceive to look like PSA on their flip?
Yes 38 64.41%
No 19 32.20%
I don't know. 2 3.39%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-30-2013, 07:56 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Trying to deceive with a flip?

You guys think this company is trying to deceive with the look of this flip?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1909-11-T206...df86a26&_uhb=1

Old 01-30-2013, 08:30 AM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

this is how the original CSA graded cards looked like so I would say no.....Their newer holders have a much different look.

Last edited by CMIZ5290; 01-30-2013 at 08:36 AM.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:33 AM

Yes these are arrowhead holders CSA got from Alan Hager.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:37 AM
Steve Birmingham

It's not really all that close. About the only common thing is a red border and even that isn't all that similar.

I wonder if it's a real CSA flip or just really old? all his other CSA stuff has a more elaborate flip and slab.

Steve B
Old 01-30-2013, 08:43 AM
Craig M

Default It's So Wrong!

He/She knows what he/she is doing in my opinion.

Looking at every detail in this listing; it is filled full of border-line misrepresentation.

One example: Condition - He/She gives just enough info and carefully words what is seen on the main computer screen and if you do not click (read more) you will not see where the real truth is....

and this part I really love, He/She ends his/her terms and description saying:

"Thanks for looking and God Bless!"

that is so wrong!!!
Old 01-30-2013, 08:46 AM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

I personally do not know who the seller is, but I do not see any deception or misrepresentation....

Last edited by CMIZ5290; 01-30-2013 at 08:47 AM.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:55 AM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

i have also seen a grading company , i think it was called, SG, or SC, with the green, look and design of sgc
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:55 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 View Post
I personally do not know who the seller is, but I do not see any deception or misrepresentation....
I wasn't talking about the seller as much as when I first saw the auction I thought it was for a PSA graded card, hence the question.....
Old 01-30-2013, 09:06 AM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I wasn't talking about the seller as much as when I first saw the auction I thought it was for a PSA graded card, hence the question.....
Leon, I was actually responding to one of the posts in this thread suggesting that there was misrepresentation....

Last edited by CMIZ5290; 01-30-2013 at 09:08 AM.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:10 AM
Fred

When I opened the link I saw the CSA mentioned in the item description so I didn't think the seller was trying to pull a fast one. As far as CSA is concerned, the holder does resemble a PSA holder but I have to believe that anyone that is a true hobbyist or collector would know the differnce between CSA and PSA. In this case PSA actually shines... I can't believe I actually said something nice about that crappy grading card company...
Old 01-30-2013, 09:22 AM
John Harrell

I don't see anything to indicate an attempt to deceive. The holder is clearly marked CSA and the description states the grader is CSA. If you've been in the hobby long enough, you are familiar with the old CSA grading company.

John
Old 01-30-2013, 09:28 AM
Craig M

Default Yes...MISREPRESENTION

I am still stuck on this condition thing...

Take a look at the pics.

Do you see damage to the jewel case???

Do you see any cracks to the jewel case???

I certainly see it without even enlarging the pic. I would say for starters that this is a blatant MISREPRESENTATION.

Last edited by Craig M; 01-30-2013 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Misspelling
Old 01-30-2013, 10:31 AM
Craig M

....what I am getting at is that if he is stating untruths in his (Condition) statement; then he is probably going to mislead you to believe that it was a PSA graded 8.5 when you first viewed the listing for $299 and rush you to hit the BUY IT NOW button before somebody else beat you to it!

I am puzzled to why he would list the (Condition) as Very Good?

I thought the card was a graded 8.5?

.....outta here
Old 01-30-2013, 10:37 AM
Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig M View Post
....what I am getting at is that if he is stating untruths in his (Condition) statement; then he is probably going to mislead you to believe that it was a PSA graded 8.5 when you first viewed the listing for $299 and rush you to hit the BUY IT NOW button before somebody else beat you to it!

.....outta here
I don't think the condition it is listed as is relevant. It is in a graded holder showing the numerical opinion.

It isn't a buy it now its a auction, with over 2 days left, I doubt anyone bidding would rush to bid the min. being that the bidder would have plenty of time.

Always up for a trade.

If you have a Blue Weiser Wonder WaJo, PM/Email Me!
Old 01-30-2013, 10:44 AM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig M View Post

.....outta here
Sarcasm?

The "Very Good" is Ebay's condition guide. Ebay has the following conditions available when selling in this category:

Brand New

An item that has never been opened or removed from the manufacturer's sealing (if applicable). Item is in original shrink wrap (if applicable). See the seller's listing for full details.

Like New

An item that looks as if it was just taken out of shrink wrap. No visible wear, and all facets of the item are flawless and intact. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections.

Very Good

An item that is used but still in very good condition. No damage to the jewel case or item cover, no scuffs, scratches cracks, or holes. The cover art and liner notes are included. The VHS or DVD box is included. The video game instructions and box are included. The teeth of disk holder are undamaged. Minimal wear on the exterior of item. No skipping on CD/DVD. No fuzzy/snowy frames on VHS tape. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections.

Good

An item in used but good condition. May have minor damage to jewel case including scuffs or cracks, or to the item cover including scuffs, scratches, or cracks. The cover art and liner notes are included for a CD. VHS or DVD box is included. Video game instructions are included. No skipping on CD/DVD. No fuzzy/snowy frames on VHS tape. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections.

Acceptable

An item with obvious and significant wear but is still operational. May have tears or holes in VHS/DVD box. The video game instructions and box may not be included. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections.

I always use acceptable because it doesn't confuse the "very good" and "good" that sports card collectors have accustomed to even if I believe by ebay's conditions it should be listed as Very Good.