NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-01-2019, 07:09 AM
Michael Durrett
Banned

Default "Life of a card" My movie idea

I always thought a cool movie idea would be a story of a guy with 5 or so old cards and the story of the life of the 5 cards and how they all got into the hands of this one guy would be the plot. So maybe he has a T206 and that card starts in a pack gets thrown on the ground by the smoker a kid picks it up trades it to a friend it gets creased it gets loved it gets lost it gets found again on and on -- the five different cards all have cool stories as to how they started and lived and eventually got into the hands of the guy! Whaddya think fellas?
Old 10-01-2019, 07:43 AM

Default Works for me

Like the movie the red violin but for cards. I get it. Good luck getting green lighted by studio execs.
Old 10-01-2019, 07:56 AM
Gobucsmagic74

I like it! Great idea! The stories of each card would be what makes the movie. You could easily integrate historical events into each story or simply have great characters with interesting things happening
Old 10-01-2019, 07:57 AM
pete ullman

I have thought the exact same idea over the years which is part of the reason I like Worn cards they have more of a story than a car that was put in a Bible And never touched for 100 years.

You should do it!!!
Old 10-01-2019, 08:23 AM
pete ullman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobucsmagic74 View Post
I like it! Great idea! The stories of each card would be what makes the movie. You could easily integrate historical events into each story or simply have great characters with interesting things happening
agreed!!!! historical events...the hippie who decides to sell/trade his magie for a gram of weed in the 60's turns out to be worth a small fortune decades later!!!!!!

Last edited by ullmandds; 10-01-2019 at 08:25 AM.
Old 10-01-2019, 09:15 AM
Gobucsmagic74

And then you could have all these dramatic moments when the '52 mantle almost gets put in the spokes, or almost gets traded to a kid who would ultimately destroy it, or drops out of a box of cards and is nearly lost forever
Old 10-01-2019, 09:23 AM
Bobw

Forrest Gump as a baseball card......
Old 10-01-2019, 09:26 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

Or me drooling mustard on my Cobb while eating a hot dog at the ball park

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 10-01-2019, 09:38 AM
Derek Granger

You may want to skip and/or fast forward the part where the card sits in grandpa's attic for 50 years...

HOF "Earliest" Collection (Ideal - Indiv): 244/342 (71.4%)
1914 T330-2 Piedmont Art Stamps......: 114/119 (95.8%)
1923 V100 Willard's Chocolate............: 177/180 (98.3%)
Old 10-01-2019, 10:39 AM
Ran-jodh Dh.ill0n

Or you could do a movie of a guy who starts off by working for some card dealer. He later quits and starts trimming cards, and making insane amounts of money. He revisits that dealer, kills him, and steals his pretty blonde girl.

He starts living the good life. Buys a mansion, buys his wife a tiger and his younger sister her own salon. When people accuse him of trimming cards, he gets angry and has them killed.

In the end, a large group of card collectors get fed up and storm his mansion. One by one his guards start getting picked off. In the last scene the trimmer will come out of his room with his AR-15 and he'll say "say hello to my little friend," and then he'll begin firing at everyone. However, somebody ends up approaching him from behind and shoots him. He'll fall over his balcony and land in a large pile of trimmed cards in GEM MINT slabs.

~The End~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doS6rwyIkfA
Old 10-01-2019, 11:09 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
Originally Posted by samosa4u View Post
Or you could do a movie of a guy who starts off by working for some card dealer. He later quits and starts trimming cards, and making insane amounts of money. He revisits that dealer, kills him, and steals his pretty blonde girl.

He starts living the good life. Buys a mansion, buys his wife a tiger and his younger sister her own salon. When people accuse him of trimming cards, he gets angry and has them killed.

In the end, a large group of card collectors get fed up and storm his mansion. One by one his guards start getting picked off. In the last scene the trimmer will come out of his room with his AR-15 and he'll say "say hello to my little friend," and then he'll begin firing at everyone. However, somebody ends up approaching him from behind and shoots him. He'll fall over his balcony and land in a large pile of trimmed cards in GEM MINT slabs.

~The End~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doS6rwyIkfA

Too realistic

I think the OP was looking for more of a fantasy laden script.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 10-01-2019, 11:37 AM
Garth Guibord

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbmd View Post
Too realistic

I think the OP was looking for more of a fantasy laden script.
I don't think that's too realistic at all. In fact, I think it's so realistic that people wouldn't believe it. For anybody unfamiliar with cards, they wouldn't believe people would pay so much for little pieces of cardboard. And judging from the reaction to the most recent scandals, a huge part of the collecting population already doesn't believe it anyway! :P
Old 10-01-2019, 12:06 PM

When I first got into writing for fun, I wrote a short story called "A Card's Life" and posted it here. There was a link on the site for over a year that had the entire story on one page, but then I made some copies of the book on Lulu printing. That was back in 2007, about three years before I actually started writing as my job because I needed about three more years of writing before I was good enough to get paid for it.

The story was following the life of two Old Judge cards from the time they were produced back in 1888 until current day. Had a young kid, who owned the cards, and then his relatives who found them years later.
Check out my two newest books. One covers the life and baseball career of Dots Miller, who was mentored by Honus Wagner as a rookie for the 1909 Pirates, then became a mentor for a young Rogers Hornsby. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CV633PNT The other has 13 short stories of players who were with the Pittsburgh Pirates during the regular season, but never played in a game for the team https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CY574YNS