NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-19-2012, 02:10 PM
Anthony Ram.os

Default Best/Safest Way To Crack An ISA Card

Hey guys, how you doin! I need your help with something. I have two ISA cards that I want to crack and send to SGC. There's only one problem, I cannot find any information whatsoever on how to crack ISA cards the right and proper way! Hence, I have one question for you. What is the best/safest way to crack an ISA card? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 08-19-2012, 02:19 PM

Can't you just do a crossover and SGC will do it for you?
Schlei (Catching) Back run: 10/12 (minus blank back)

Actively collecting t206 Hall of Famers, Southern Leaguers, and Various backs in good to excellent condition. Love talking cards too.
Old 08-19-2012, 02:33 PM
Anthony Ram.os

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazoo View Post
Can't you just do a crossover and SGC will do it for you?
Yes, I could do that, but I think SGC would be more likely to not even give the cards a numerical grade and just deem them as authentic. Even if they do give them a numerical grade, I'm sure the grades would be lower than the grades I would get if I just cracked them out myself and sent them in raw. Do you know if there is any truth to those beliefs of mine?

Last edited by acramos1; 08-19-2012 at 02:34 PM.
Old 08-19-2012, 02:42 PM

I've had those same doubts, but the truth is, a professional grader (hopefully) will judge those cards the same as in a case or as raw. If you are worried about losing the grade in your ISA holders, you are allowed to state the minimum grade you would accept, and if SGC disagrees, they do not remove your cards from the case. I have little knowledge on case cracking, honestly. I have a lot of faith in SGC, they are truly a great company.

Actively collecting t206 Hall of Famers, Southern Leaguers, and Various backs in good to excellent condition. Love talking cards too.

Last edited by wazoo; 08-19-2012 at 03:07 PM.
Old 08-19-2012, 02:57 PM
Fr@nk Jenn!ngs

Quote:
Originally Posted by acramos1 View Post
Yes, I could do that, but I think SGC would be more likely to not even give the cards a numerical grade and just deem them as authentic. Even if they do give them a numerical grade, I'm sure the grades would be lower than the grades I would get if I just cracked them out myself and sent them in raw. Do you know if there is any truth to those beliefs of mine?
So you are questioning the integrity of the people you want to grade your card? How about posting your name since you are questioning their integrity?

r/
Frank

Last edited by Tcards-Please; 08-19-2012 at 03:00 PM. Reason: added last sentence.
Old 08-19-2012, 03:09 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
Originally Posted by acramos1 View Post
Hey guys, how you doin! I need your help with something. I have two ISA cards that I want to crack and send to SGC. There's only one problem, I cannot find any information whatsoever on how to crack ISA cards the right and proper way! Hence, I have one question for you. What is the best/safest way to crack an ISA card? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
ISA used to advertise on Net 54. Ask Leon, I think as part of ISA's fee they were required to provide the secret method to crack open their slabs.
Old 08-19-2012, 03:26 PM
Pete Sycks

Too many threads about ISA cards. Let's get some Gem or CSA threads going.
Old 08-19-2012, 04:35 PM
Anthony Ram.os

Are ISA holders similar to that of PSA and/or SGC holders?
Old 08-19-2012, 04:50 PM

It's like a combination of both. Take a look at the websites of SGC and PSA, they both have the holder description.

Old 08-19-2012, 05:03 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Here is a thread I posted on the SGC boards a few months ago on how to crack a slab. I've never seen an ISA slab, so I don't know if it's any different, but maybe this will help.

http://www.sgccard.com/boards/ubbthr...ue#Post2003433
Old 08-19-2012, 05:09 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by T's please View Post
So you are questioning the integrity of the people you want to grade your card? How about posting your name since you are questioning their integrity?

r/
Frank
should be good on the name part from now on....
Old 08-19-2012, 05:33 PM
Matt Hall

The easiest, safest way is by twisting a butter knife or screw driver in the seam... then put it in a top loader and into your collection
Old 08-19-2012, 06:02 PM
Peter Spaeth

Submit the cards in the holder. The odds that you damage the cards cracking them out are infinitely greater than the odds SGC is going to be influenced by the slab on inexpensive cards like these. If it was a NM/MT 52 Mantle, sure, they might view the situation with some suspicion. Really you are worrying way too much about this.