NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-10-2012, 06:23 PM

Default shipping to Canada question

I just sold a $125 card on Ebay to a person with ZERO feedback. Provided that he pays me ... which he hasnt yet... I want to send it so that I dont get burned. I dont think you can insure first class mail right? Do I send it priority and insure it? Is there a better way? Thanks
Old 09-10-2012, 06:27 PM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

If he pays by paypal, there is no way to protect yourself if he claims that he did not receive it.

Jeff
Old 09-10-2012, 06:43 PM
Chris Browne
Administrator

FedEx & UPS both have signature required options in Canada. A more economical option is to use USPS signed service. They will hand it over to Canada Post with signature required
Old 09-10-2012, 08:01 PM
Dan Brown

I am from Canada, and recently won some items from the Mears auction. I came home today to find a package on my doorstep shipped via Fed-Ex that nobody signed for. Thank goodness it didn't walk away!
Old 09-10-2012, 08:39 PM
Richard A.

Obviously, I can only draw on my own experience, but as a Canadian, who has received his share of 'signature required' packages from Canada Post, it's not reliable.

Whether it's a sign of the times, or the postal outlet my mail filters through now, I can't say, but since 2008 (when I most recently moved), I have not signed for a single thing, despite clear packaging requiring me to sign.

Similar to what Dee mentioned, we get mail one of two ways: In the mailbox if it fits, on the porch if not.

Regards,

Richard.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:33 PM
Joe M.

Canada is expensive and shaky.

Joe

Collecting Detroit 19th Century N172, N173, N175.
N172 Detroit. Getzein, McGlone, Rooks, Wheelock, Gillligan, Kid Baldwin Error, Lady Baldwin, Conway, Deacon White

Positive transactions with Joe G, Jay Miller, CTANK80, BIGFISH, MGHPRO, k. DIXON, LEON, INSIDETHEWRAPPER, GOCUBSGO32, Steve Suckow, RAINIER2004, Ben Yourg, GNAZ01, yanksrnice09, cmiz5290, Kris Sweckard (Kris19),Angyal, Chuck Tapia,Belfast1933,bcbgcbrcb,fusorcruiser, tsp06, cobbcobb13
Old 09-10-2012, 09:48 PM

He paid a few hours ago. Hmm. I really not so much worried about it getting there. Its more about who is this guy with ZERO feedback. Is he buying it just to say he didnt get it? He could just walk away and make up a new account in a month. Im kinda stuck.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:12 AM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmaybent@aol.com View Post
He paid a few hours ago. Hmm. I really not so much worried about it getting there. Its more about who is this guy with ZERO feedback. Is he buying it just to say he didnt get it? He could just walk away and make up a new account in a month. Im kinda stuck.
Take your chances on this one and immediately change your eBay settings to buyers from the US only.

It is really a shame, because I have had many really good transactions with people from Canada. But, I am not willing to take the chance that there is one bad person out there who knows the system and is looking to steal from me.

Just my 2˘.

Jeff
Old 09-11-2012, 06:35 AM
Mark Fox

I might be incorrect, but I'm pretty sure that even Canadian addresses can be confirmed through Paypal. If his address is confirmed at Paypal and you ship via delivery confirmation I think you will be ok under Paypal's policies. You would then be able to provide proof of delivery to the address matching Paypal’s confirmed address, a signature is not necessarily needed, only delivery confirmation. If his address is not confirmed with Paypal I would ask them to confirm it before you ship it.

The other option you have is to submit to cancel the transaction. According to Ebay’s policies “Possible reasons for canceling the transaction are that the item is lost or broken, you made a mistake when listing the item, or you can't complete the sale.” While it’s not the greatest solution, it might be better than risking loosing any significant amount of money.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:40 AM

If there is no actual way to get a signature confirmation, maybe you can type up a little note, bring the card to the post office. Show the card to the worker, then pack the card, give it to the worker and ask him/her to sign your paper that states that you did indeed mail the correct card to the correct person and the worker actually saw the card go in the box.

This might not be totally legal. But it might give you a little bit of recourse should PayPal contact you.

Cy
Old 09-11-2012, 07:56 PM

Thank you all for your advice. I went to UPS and they would send the one graded card for $23 insured for $100.

Then I walked over to the post office. They said if I sent it first class and registered it would be signed for and insured for $100 for $15. So that is what I did and I am going to save all my paperwork. Will let you all know if the customer tries to pull and tricks. Thanks again.