NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Old 09-08-2015, 10:25 PM
Richard Simon

Default Stephen Colbert

His new show was very funny and he opened up a new one for Donald Trump, pummeled him thoroughly.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 09-10-2015, 06:42 PM
J Ryan
Banned

never cared for Colbert, he's not funny.
Old 09-14-2015, 11:06 AM
Arnie

While Fallon is a great skit guy, Colbert is a much better interviewer.

I think Colbert just has to tone down himself a little, he is hyper and trying to act young to attract the younger people. I do like him a lot.
Old 09-19-2015, 11:46 AM
Dave Foster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAVG View Post
+ 1 and ditto for Fallon. Maybe if I was 10 going on 7, I'd be ROTFLMAO at Fallon's nonsense. But, I'm not and I don't. None of the current breed of late nite hosts can hold a candle to Carson as an interviewer. Even Leno was better than these clowns. At 11:30 pm, I count the minutes to Charlie Rose on PBS.
Old 09-21-2015, 05:47 PM
Lou Simcoe
L0u Sim.coe

Quote:
Originally Posted by pclpads View Post
+ 1 and ditto for Fallon. Maybe if I was 10 going on 7, I'd be ROTFLMAO at Fallon's nonsense. But, I'm not and I don't. None of the current breed of late nite hosts can hold a candle to Carson as an interviewer. Even Leno was better than these clowns. At 11:30 pm, I count the minutes to Charlie Rose on PBS.

Carson was the very best. I can't watch any of these others and their juvenile humor.
Old 09-21-2015, 06:52 PM
D3nn!s B@!!ou

I don't like people who are enamored of themselves. Colbert and Fallon to me qualify.
Old 09-22-2015, 06:25 PM
Dave

Colbert is pretty great. So there!
Old 09-23-2015, 08:23 AM
Tom Boblitt

Fallon is brilliant. I'm neither young nor old (49) I think. I'm not a huge Colbert fan. I've seen some snippets and I'd agree with the fact that I think he's a better interviewer than Fallon. I watched the Joe Biden interview and it was great. And I'm not a Biden fan in any way. Fallon is more of an SNL type skit show but the things he does are unparalleled on night shows. That's why his ratings are through the roof.
Old 09-23-2015, 08:51 AM
Jason Albregts

I'm 41 and I love Colbert and Fallon. Though I was young, I did love Carson. Leno was terrible IMO, Letterman was OK.
Old 09-23-2015, 09:27 AM
Gobucsmagic74

Love Colbert and can tolerate Fallon. What I can't tolerate however is all the people who seem to be in love with Fallon and think everything he does is absolutely amazing.
Old 09-23-2015, 09:57 AM
Tom Boblitt

sorry.....
Old 09-23-2015, 10:54 AM
D3nn!s B@!!ou

I can certainly find them all funny, Fallon for 2-3 minutes at a time can be entertaining, but if I have to watch for a 1/2 hour or more the arrogance and self love just kills me. Carson seemed to have just the right amount of arrogance and charisma, maybe its an unfair measuring stick.
Old 09-23-2015, 12:21 PM
Dave

All these guys pretty much worship Johnny Carson, but in the end they can't be him and they just have to do what they're good at doing.

Myself, I grew up on Letterman at 12:30 after Carson. Hated Leno, gravitated to Conan O'Brien when Letterman got neutered in the 11:30 slot, and eventually found myself drawn to the Jon Stewart / Stephen Colbert duo on Comedy Central.

Hoping Colbert doesn't find himself neutered while tackling the 11:30 network slot. I'll be honest, I know he's no longer in "character", but he seems pretty watered down far. I thought he handled Donald Trump with kid gloves last night. They were both playing a little too nicey nice with each other. Hopefully he just needs to find the right stride and settle in better.

I'm a little disappointed with The Wilmore Show that replaced Colbert on Comedy Central. Just doesn't have much pop to it. Hoping Trevor Noah fills in for Jon Stewart a little better on The Daily Show.

Todays version of Conan O'Brien along with Jimmy Kimmel, both do lots of great "bits", but I don't have the patience to sit through their entire shows. Not a fan of Fallon. I love his band, but he seems a bit too much of a try-hard, everybody please love me type of guy to me.
Old 10-01-2015, 01:54 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCRfan1 View Post
Carson was the very best. I can't watch any of these others and their juvenile humor.
+ many. All the new stuff is sophomoric. Not that they aren't occasionally funny, but I could not watch regularly. If I watch TV at 1130, it's the Simpsons.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 10-12-2015, 01:17 PM
Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAVG View Post
+1. They guy is a tool.