NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-05-2024, 05:17 PM
TJ D3H@rsl°

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey2296 View Post
Sorry about that TJ.
Did you win the ‘14 CJ Wood?
If so, congrats

Last edited by tjisonline; 05-05-2024 at 05:18 PM.
Old 05-05-2024, 05:59 PM
Is Mudville so bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjisonline View Post
Did you win the ‘14 CJ Wood?
If so, congrats
I did and thank you. Always unfortunate imo when members go against each other but sometimes it can't be helped. I'm rooting for you and your friend to get the next one that comes up.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183872512@N04/
-
Old 05-05-2024, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss View Post
As many of you know, I consigned a large portion of the prewar items that sold last night. I am very content with the results, although they were all over the place.

Last night's auction contained about 75% of my total consignment, with other items to sell in the Summer and Winter auctions. When I first consigned, Joe and I (Joe is with Memory Lane) sat down and we estimated a low, likely, and high value for every card. Last night, the total aggregate sales price of my consignments, with the Buyer's Premium, was about 3% above the total likely-value we placed on the items. Thus, last night's entire consignment ended, in the aggregate, almost exactly where we estimated it would. That said, many individual items went for very different amounts that expected (both good and bad).

The D304s went crazy. Literally, nonsensical; but I wont complain! The Wagner, Matty, Lajoie, Collins, and many commons went for multiples over prior highs.

My T206 set and 1914 CJ set both did better, in aggregate, than I expected. The 1914 CJ Jackson was the bad egg of the entire auction -- someone stole that card. But most other items, including commons, did very well. Same with the T206 set; the Green Cobb did not do well at all, but that was offset substantially by the other Cobbs and many PSA 7s+ and strong results for commons.

The W600 Matty went through the roof, as it should have, considering it was produced in his rookie year (albeit not the first issue of his rookie year). The Tip Top Wagner did great, and my Planks all finished very strong. Almost every Ruth finished on the lighter side of what I expected, and a few crapped the bed. Wagners and Cobbs are definitely 10%-20% off their highs, but still strong.

Put it this way, it was a very large and diverse consignment and it ended at 102%+ (including BP) of where we estimated the likely value total to be. I am happy with the results, and now I need sleep!

I'm so mad at myself for not being in position to buy the w600 bender. It went for 1/3 what I would have guessed. I would buy it tomorrow for 9k
Old 05-05-2024, 07:21 PM
Charles Jackson

Quote:
As many of you know, I consigned a large portion of the prewar items that sold last night. I am very content with the results, although they were all over the place.

Last night's auction contained about 75% of my total consignment, with other items to sell in the Summer and Winter auctions. When I first consigned, Joe and I (Joe is with Memory Lane) sat down and we estimated a low, likely, and high value for every card. Last night, the total aggregate sales price of my consignments, with the Buyer's Premium, was about 3% above the total likely-value we placed on the items. Thus, last night's entire consignment ended, in the aggregate, almost exactly where we estimated it would. That said, many individual items went for very different amounts that expected (both good and bad).

The D304s went crazy. Literally, nonsensical; but I wont complain! The Wagner, Matty, Lajoie, Collins, and many commons went for multiples over prior highs.

My T206 set and 1914 CJ set both did better, in aggregate, than I expected. The 1914 CJ Jackson was the bad egg of the entire auction -- someone stole that card. But most other items, including commons, did very well. Same with the T206 set; the Green Cobb did not do well at all, but that was offset substantially by the other Cobbs and many PSA 7s+ and strong results for commons.

The W600 Matty went through the roof, as it should have, considering it was produced in his rookie year (albeit not the first issue of his rookie year). The Tip Top Wagner did great, and my Planks all finished very strong. Almost every Ruth finished on the lighter side of what I expected, and a few crapped the bed. Wagners and Cobbs are definitely 10%-20% off their highs, but still strong.

Put it this way, it was a very large and diverse consignment and it ended at 102%+ (including BP) of where we estimated the likely value total to be. I am happy with the results, and now I need sleep!
Congrats Ryan! Thanks so much for sharing your results. Pretty amazing how close you were to estimating your total return, even if individual results were all over the place. Looks like it was Matty’s moment last night/this morning. How often do you have a major auction where the two highest results (and only six figure results) are both Mathewsons?
Old 05-05-2024, 07:58 PM
Jerry Tate

Default Incredible

Incredible auction for the consignors and bidders...Ryan congrats on your consignments and DJ congrats on getting the Red Evers...Jerry
Old 05-05-2024, 09:16 PM
Aaron Seefeldt

Quote:
I believe the ML style of closing greatly increases prices. Extended bidding started at 7pm, and from 7pm to well over midnight, my cards were getting many multiple bids per minute. I don’t believe this would have happened in an REA/Heritage format, where you only have 15-30 minutes to pivot and are often closed out of lots you would have bid again on, but extended bidding on those lots had ended. Under ML’s style, a bidder can, and does, have more time and options to pivot if/when they are outbid on other lots. I agree that as a bidder, the style is tough. But as a consignor, I really like it and I think it made a huge difference/impact on my set breaks last night.
+1

I have been a long long time consignor to REA but since they changed their closing format a few years ago the “oomph” is gone. When I have heavy consignments I like to buy big too and without the ability to pivot back to items, well it sucks from the buying side. Thus, it directly affects consignments too.

I picked this guy up last night. Congrats to the e105 Cobb & Wagner winners, 2 of the best cards in the auction in my opinion. I’m still in shock that the d304 Wagner sold for more than the e105 Wagner (throwing).

Congrats to Ryan and a hearty “thank you” for making such wonderful items available to us all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4290.jpg (123.4 KB, 517 views)
Old 05-05-2024, 10:58 PM

Fantastic Wagners, Jim and Aaron!
Old 05-05-2024, 11:36 PM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanTown View Post
First off congrats to Ryan and glad ML performed to y’all’s expectations. There were Amazing lots and tons of eye candy. I was close to popping a late bid on the CJ Jackson and maybe should have earlier.

I feel asleep a little after 3AM trying to wait up to get in late bids. I refuse to place a top all bids in any auction. I don’t know why some auction companies think this is good business. HA and REA have changed and they are both the leaders for sport card auctions IMO. I wish other AHs would follow suit and close lots independently, which allows bidders all to be there, competing for that lot. The ML format we guess when the auction is gonna close. Heck, I could do a bid ever 15 minutes for 24 hours straight if I wanted to and then that would make the AH just shut it down manually. This favors all the West Coast buyers… Ok, enough complaining about the format..

The Matty W600 was amazing and no surprise to the final price. Congrats to the winner. I thought the Young Cabinet had a little meat left on the bone and maybe I should have popped a late bid on that.

My bid around 1 or 2am held up on the 1910 T213 type 1 (1910) Red Cobb which is a card I’ve always wanted. My understanding on the three types are type 1’s are most rare followed closely from type 3s (1919), then type 2s which are still rare but more common (if you can say that) for the series.

Congrats to all the winners of the ML auction including the bottom items in the gallery, as I would have bid more had I been awake. If you want to sell for quick profit then PM me….
I did happen to get beat like a red headed step child on the “3 bagger” Gehrig. I thought the price was insane but have never seen Gehrig W502 card in a 3 bagger back. I only buy centered backs with low eye appeal. Took a shellacking setting other records on 2 others. ����������������*����*�� I dislike the format but can’t argue with the cards or Joe T’s fabulous verbal bj description. Met him in Strongsville and I love the guy. FYI, I am on the west coast.

Last edited by Fuddjcal; 05-06-2024 at 08:28 AM.
Old 05-06-2024, 04:36 AM
Don Hontz

Ryan. Thanks for consigning the 1914 cracker jacks always tough to find 1914. I did get 11. Mostly minor Hall of famers but did get the Speaker. I missed on Wood. I thought the Wagner went a little low. I have one so couldn’t afford another. Great auction. Thanks. Don
Old 05-06-2024, 07:11 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

The prices on the Ruth exhibits seemed very solid. A midgrade example is gold.

The Robinson premium did just fine. It is really hard to handicap a rare item.

The closing mechanics bear discussion. As a consignor I would consider ML based on what I read here.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 05-06-2024, 10:07 AM
Drew W@i$e

Quote:

Ryan, great explanation on your consignments. Glad you did well.

Were you also able to pick up anything in the action?
Old 05-06-2024, 10:34 AM
Danny Gabel

Default -

Was happy to win T206 Carolina Brights - Dummy Taylor!

Would anyone know who once owned that Dummy Hoy / Dummy Taylor collection?
Always buying Deaf Sports related, William Hoy, Luther Taylor, George Kihm, Grover Alexander, Dick Sipek, Curtis Pride, Carlton Molesworth, Lou Burdette, Gil McDougald, Ralph Lin Weber, Gallaudet University

Set
1909 E-91A (23/33)
1993 Topps Finest Refractor (109/199)
Old 05-06-2024, 10:41 AM
Daryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafSports View Post
Was happy to win T206 Carolina Brights - Dummy Taylor!

Would anyone know who once owned that Dummy Hoy / Dummy Taylor collection?

Congrats, Danny!
Old 05-06-2024, 04:26 PM
Bill Roberts

It's great to see so many in the Net54 community win some of Ryan's cards. I hope there will be posts when the cards are in hand!
Old 05-09-2024, 02:15 PM
TJ D3H@rsl°

Default memory Lane Spring Rarity Auction

The Jan 1989 500 HR Living Members Ron Lewis print (signed) had to be among the best deals of this auction (value to size -wise). Winning bid was under $100 per signatur & it’s already framed.

https://memorylaneinc.com/site/bids/...e?itemid=83522

Last edited by tjisonline; 05-09-2024 at 02:16 PM.