NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-25-2002, 01:28 PM
Administrator

Default Looking for scans of '50's regionals and others

Posted By: nolemmings (Todd)

I have not found much posting anywhere on some of the interesting sets from the 1950's, and want to know if anyone collects this stuff, and if so, can you post or email scans. Anything goes, but I really would like to hear about/see the Wieners sets- Esskay, Hunter's, Glendale, Kahn, Wilson's (love them flying wieners), Stahl-Meyer and Felins. I occassionally see the Wilsons and some Kahn's on EBay, but very rarely see the others. Does anybody on the board collect these, or other less mainstream sets from the 50's?
Regards........Todd

P.S. Also would love to see a scan of a 1961 Topps Dice Game card-- I've never seen one.

Old 06-25-2002, 09:25 PM
Administrator

Posted By: marty

I just came up with a nice group of cards that are new to the hobby. I have 10 1958 Bell Brand Dodgers that are still in the original wrapper. I have one double and am missing the Snider.

Old 06-26-2002, 10:16 AM
Administrator

Nice set-- I have the Campy in SGC 84. Presents s quandary, though-- do you take the cards (or some of them-maybe the double?) out of the wrapper to better enjoy them and/or have them graded?
I assume you're trying to complete the set and would not be interested is selling-- if not, please let me know what you would sell and at what price.
Regards............Todd

Old 06-26-2002, 10:38 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Marc S.

of the 1957 Swift Meats cards. Those are some of my favorite from the '50s -- whereas most of the other regional issues were destroyed by hot dog juice, dog food and other nasty food byproducts -- the Swift Meats were typically destroyed by enterprising youngsters who wanted to build a 3-D version of the baseball player.

There is something very disturbing about seeing a set of cards where there are random arms, legs and heads floating around. It reminds me of looking at a playroom after big brother decided to "play" with little sister's barbie dolls.

If you need scans or anything, please let me know -- I'll try and get you some scans in the next week or so.

Old 06-26-2002, 10:48 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Marc S.

Though I don't personally have a scan -- I know that Mr. Mint Alan Rosen (my most favorite guy in the whole collecting world) had a 1961 Topps Dice Game available in his March 2002 auction. It included a picture of the card -- but as the auction was not available online -- I do not have an image to provide. Besides there -- I'm not sure whree else you may find such an image; it is the rarest of all the Topps sets to my knowledge.

Old 06-26-2002, 11:45 AM
Administrator

I have 6 of the Swift's Meats- a truly cool set. I'm glad they included young Frank Robby and Colavito in such a short set.
Yes I would like to see whatever scans you can send. I have seen "multiples" on EBay, including entire 6 card panels. I also have the paper spin board, and saw one set for sale about a year ago that included the three panels, the board and original mailer.
Regards...........Todd

Old 06-26-2002, 07:47 PM
Administrator

Posted By: marty

Here is the Campanella. I also have a few Hunter's Weiners.

Old 06-26-2002, 07:56 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Andy Baran