NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-24-2011, 08:22 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Huggins & Scott Auction open for bidding

H & S has always been a strong supporter of Net54baseball and I am happy to give them a bit of press on their current, great looking auction.....

Huggins and Scott Auctions is a Maryland-based company that continues to set industry standards in many categories. Each new auction brings treasures and rarities to the market with the style and professionalism that consignors have grown to expect. The upcoming June 1-2, 2011 auction will offer more than 900 consigned lots of vintage and modern sports cards and memorabilia in a two-week auction being conducted by phone and Internet via the company’s website, http://www.hugginsandscott.com/. Bidding began on Wednesday May 18th.

The auction begins with a stunning Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig dual signed baseball, followed by a beautiful single-signed Ty Cobb baseball. Each signature is graded a “7” by third party authenticator, PSA/DNA.

This auction includes an exemplary list of unique, rare and vintage autographed memorabilia highlighted by a 1928 Baseball Signed by (6) With Ruth, Gehrig, Ruppert and Hornsby, a Thurman Munson Singe-Signed Baseball, a Perez-Steele Great Moments complete set with (70) Autographed and encapsulated by PSA/DNA, a John F. Kennedy signed 1954 Correspondence on U.S. Senate Letterhead, a Snoopy 15-Inch Doll Signed by Charles Schultz and much more! All autographs have been examined and authenticated by either James Spence Authentications or Professional Sports Authenticators.

Other rare artifacts in this auction include a selection of authenticated game-used items including bats of Roger Maris, Ken Griffey Jr., Don Mattingly, Joey Votto, Hanley Ramirez, and more. There are also game-used uniforms including a 1947-49 Phil Masi Boston Braves, a 1983 Ken Singleton Orioles and a 1998 Bernie Williams Yankees World Series uniform.

As with most of Huggins and Scott auctions, there are a large number of vintage cards from all sports, as well as an incredible collection of newer, modern insert/relic cards with complete autographed sets and a variety of other (1 of 1) cards and parallels including a 2008 Upper Deck Goudey Babe Ruth Cut Autograph Card 1 of 1, a complete 1999 Sports Illustrated Baseball Greats of the Game 80-card autographed set and many more.

A terrific selection of graded cards is highlighted by a 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle rookie PSA 3, 1952 Topps #407 Eddie Mathews Rookie PSA 3, a very nice T206 Tris Speaker with a Broad Leaf back PSA 4, a large selection of “E” caramel cards including an E97 Cy Young SGC 40, E98 Wagner SGC 20, E90-1 Cobb SGC 40, E210 York Cobb SGC 60 and a complete E120 set broken down into team sets with Ruth, Cobb, Johnson and more.

To learn more about the upcoming auction, go to www.hugginsandscott.com or call (866) 462-2273.

Old 06-01-2011, 12:46 PM

Hello Everyone,

The first day our our June 1-2 Auction will be concluding this evening. There are plenty of solid deals to be found for hobbyists of all budgets. As always, we are packed with pre-war Hall of Famers, type cards, complete sets, autographs, memorabilia and other multi/non-sport items. To get in on the action, go to our website www.hugginsandscott.com or call the office at 1-866-462-2273. Our knowledgable staff will be manning the phones until the early morning hours and we are eager to answer any questions. It's also not to late to register. Thanks!

James
Old 06-01-2011, 09:48 PM
Jim
Ja.mes Merm.igis

Wow, someone got a steal on the Goudey Babe RUth cut autograph card! great buy for a lucky person!
Old 06-02-2011, 04:59 AM
Robert Williams

Post a link. I didn't see any steals - I thought everything was priced strong.
Old 06-02-2011, 05:32 AM
Fr@nk Jenn!ngs

Default Babe Ruth Link

I believe this was what he was talking about. I typically don't buy autographs, so I'm not sure what is considered a "steal". If that is a steal, I'm glad I don't venture out to the autograph world. What does his auto normally go for?

http://www.hugginsandscott.com/cgi-b...l?itemid=33529

r/
Frank

Last edited by Tcards-Please; 06-02-2011 at 05:33 AM.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:47 AM
Scott S

Quote:
Originally Posted by T's please View Post
I believe this was what he was talking about. I typically don't buy autographs, so I'm not sure what is considered a "steal". If that is a steal, I'm glad I don't venture out to the autograph world. What does his auto normally go for?

http://www.hugginsandscott.com/cgi-b...l?itemid=33529

r/
Frank
+1 for that. I'm not sure $5K for a pencil Ruth cut and put into a modern card is a steal. Hopefully the buyer is happy with it, but "steal" isn't my first thought here.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:23 AM
Jeff

I think the consignor was the winner there.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 06-02-2011, 09:57 AM
Matt Wieder

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBAKER View Post
I think the consignor was the winner there.
Figuratively or literally?

Old 06-02-2011, 01:18 PM
Jim
Ja.mes Merm.igis

That card would have sold for over 8500 on eBay. guaranteed! worse Ruth cuts have sold for more on eBay. The consignor is only a winner if he pulled the card. Otherwise, he lost a significant amount of money. A topps sterling Cut Auto sold for almost 10,000 within the last 2 months. A Razor Ruth Auto sold for almost 8,000 on eBay recently. yes, the buyer can flip this card on eBay now for a 40-50% gain! Kudos to the buyer, he got a steal!
Old 06-02-2011, 01:33 PM
Jim
Ja.mes Merm.igis

Default In addition

2001 SP Legendary Cuts Babe Ruth pencil auto 7/7

went for 10,103.99 on eBay. Item # 390303144508

Topps Sterling Babe Ruth Auto went for 8,889.00. Item # 130502785434

So, yes...the buyer was a MAJOR winner and I would be pissed if I were the seller because his Goudey 1 of 1 auto pulled less than 4750 for his pocket.
Old 06-02-2011, 01:47 PM
Fr@nk Jenn!ngs

Default Babe Ruth Cut Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeCollector View Post
That card would have sold for over 8500 on eBay. guaranteed! worse Ruth cuts have sold for more on eBay
I just checked ebay and the most recent authenticated auto that sold was a 1931 NY Team ball with Gehrig's signature as well. Now that appears to be a better deal, but again, I'm not familiar with autograph prices.
http://cgi.ebay.com/BABE-RUTH-BASEBA...#ht_2857wt_907

Now if cut signatures are your thing, you may want to jump on this one then as it went unsold at $5500.00 and was re-listed. He may not know how to advertise it to where he can get $8500+, but if you can, more power to you.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BABE-RUTH-CUT-AU...#ht_500wt_1156

r/
Frank
Old 06-02-2011, 02:54 PM
Tom Boblitt

Frank.........the card that sold in H&S has more to do with the preprinted '1/1' on the card than the actual Ruth signature. It's the lotto world that the pack rippers live in. Not that there's anything wrong with that but that cut wouldn't sell for anywhere near that if it hadn't been cut out and glued into a brand new piece of cardboard and stamped '1/1'. So....hopefully the winner can sell it on ebay for more maybe or whatever. Not sure who would consign stuff like that to one of the larger auction houses like that. They just don't have the impulsive new insert bidders like ebay does. Again, not to flame but there's just so many other ways I'd use $5K to buy a Ruth auto.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:03 PM
Fr@nk Jenn!ngs

Tom,
Thanks for the clarification. I just couldn't comprehend how that new card was a steal when you could have a 1931 NY Team ball with both Ruth and Gehrig's signature for $1500 less. I guess to each his own, but I'm with you on better ways to spend that kind of money.

r/
Frank