NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-19-2013, 10:32 PM
N.ate A.dams

Default Opinion on a feedback to leave

I never leave negative feedback, and have only once done so on eBay. That was in a case where i was charged 6.50$ for shipping and the T206 was shipped in a white envelope with a normal stamp, wrapped in paper (the invoice). No toploader, no sleeve. I believe it was a Mordecai Brown portrait, but can't remember for sure.

I contacted the seller, and his response was "Well, you got the card didn't you."

There have been other cases where negative feedback may have been warranted, but if I was refunded promptly upon returning an item, I didn't care.

Something perturbs me though when a seller does the following:

First off, he doesn't accept PayPal, but that's a choice. It bothered me, but it's his prerogative.

I purchased 18 PSA graded pre-war cards from this seller (1500$). I was originally charged 90$ for shipping (5$ per card) in an invoice that was sent from the seller a day after. The listing clearly stated "We do combine shipping charges for multiple item purchases". I contacted him saying it was rather high, and he claimed an employee sent the wrong invoice. I suppose that could be true, but I'm inherently a cynic. The invoice was changed to reflect $20 for shipping. I was okay with it, assuming they would be sent insured, or in a medium flat rate box.

I got them today and the 18 PSA graded pre-war cards were packed into 1 Small flat rate box. If you sell, you know that this is impossible if you want the box to be contained. The box was busting at the seams and barely held together by tape. There was no bubble wrap since it couldn't have fit, and I could see the bottom left or right corners of 4 of the PSA holders.

It required no signature, nor was it insured via the USPS. So, it cost him $5.15 to ship.

I contacted him cordially and his response was essentially "Glad you got them safe!...Signed "President of" blah blah blah.

My second message was this:

The packaging was one issue, but the main one was having to pay 20$ for shipping when it in fact cost 5.15$. I also had to contact you to have it changed from 90$ shipping. If I had bought one card, my shipping would have been five dollars. I assume it would have been shipped the same way in a Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box. I purchased 18, and they were still packed into a small flat rate box , yet I paid $20. There was no signature confirmation, and it wasn't insured.

He said this:

Well let's see,
eBay fees plus your credit card fee = $170+ dollars it cost me to sell you these cards.
Now my private insurance company ship and insure charges $1.00 per hundred of coverage up to $2,000 then discounts start to kick in. So looks like I got $20.15 in delivering you package.
No charge for my employee's time on my clock, gas going to the PO, packing tape. Etc.

Tell me who got the better end of this deal?

There were rather blatant holes in what he said that I won't waste your time with. Many of you will probably see what I'm talking about. His response also reveals what his motive for the shipping costs was.

Anyways, I'd love to get the opinion of some fellow board members.

I know what I want to do, but I usually wait a few days before making any type of emotional decision.

Last edited by npa589; 04-19-2013 at 10:41 PM.