NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-18-2016, 04:51 PM
Paul Winter

Default American Caramel E121 variations questions

I've been looking at the Cardinals and Browns in the E121 sets, and I'm a little confused on the variations. I've seen lists that include (for the set of 80) a version of the Ferd Schupp card which supposedly spells his name as "Fred", but I've never seen a listing for this card. Does it exist, and if so, is it also present with in the 120 E121 set? Also, I see there are two versions of the Sisler card listed in both sets, but I've never seen the "Throwing version" with the E121 120 card back. And finally, I've seen one version of the E121 set of 80 Hornsby, with the position as 2nd B., but I thought I saw a posting here from many years back identifying one of these with the 120 card back. Is that correct? So far I've only seen 2B and O.F. with the 120 card back.

Thanks for any help. I've skimmed through this forum before, and it seems there is a lot of interesting details and helpful people here.

Paul W.
Old 01-18-2016, 07:25 PM

Paul

The checklists for the E121 sets as seen in the SCD guide over the years have a variety of cards that were most likely included in error sometime in the distant past. A thread several years back helped narrow down the cards that likely do not exist, which I will try to find and post a link later. In regard to your specific player questions:

E121-80 Fred Schupp - most likely does not exist, and it does not exist in the 120 series set

E121-120 George Sisler - most likely does not exist

E121-120 Rogers Hornsby - I do not remember any '2nd B' version. If this version does exist, the position format would be different than seen on all other E121-120 cards (2B, 3B etc).

Hope this helps,

Brian

Last edited by brianp-beme; 01-18-2016 at 07:26 PM.
Old 01-18-2016, 07:42 PM

Default E121 thread links

Here are a couple of links to threads that Net54 members helped narrow down the 'most likely does not exist' lists for both sets.

Brian (by the way, welcome to the board)

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...ghlight=series

Last edited by brianp-beme; 01-18-2016 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Added 'are' for higher comprehensibility
Old 01-18-2016, 08:38 PM
Ken McMillan

You also have to keep in mind that some cards do eventually show up. An example would be the Chas. O'Leary that was thought not to exist and showed up a couple of years ago. Some of the cards are also rare like the Frank Baker card that I submitted to SGC. You nver know.
Old 01-20-2016, 11:35 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac32 View Post
You also have to keep in mind that some cards do eventually show up. An example would be the Chas. O'Leary that was thought not to exist and showed up a couple of years ago. Some of the cards are also rare like the Frank Baker card that I submitted to SGC. You nver know.
The "you never know" part of collecting really does keep it fun. I wonder if there will ever be a "we already know" scenario? It would certainly take some fun out of it.
Old 01-20-2016, 12:12 PM

The E121 series of 80 set especially has offered a lot of surprises over the recent years, so...there is always a possibility for one of the ones the OP originally mentioned to pop up.

Brian
Old 01-22-2016, 11:39 AM
Paul Winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianp-beme View Post
Here are a couple of links to threads that Net54 members helped narrow down the 'most likely does not exist' lists for both sets.

Brian (by the way, welcome to the board)

Thanks for the help. I knew there were some old threads on this, but I couldn't find them.

Paul W.
Old 01-22-2016, 03:04 PM
Bry@n

An FYI: the search feature on Net54 is terrible. Searching the site is far easier if you type "search site www.net54baseball.com " followed by your search terms into the web address on your browser. You can then use Boolean Operators like AND and OR to help winnow the results.