NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-29-2010, 08:19 PM

Default Baseball in San Francisco?

Hi

My wife and I are heading to San Francisco tomorrow and I was wondering if there were any good baseball related stuff to do in San Fran? We are going to go to a game on Saturday at At&t park, but I know there has got to be more! Let me know if you guys have any good suggestions, not just baseball related but anything!

Jeff
Old 04-29-2010, 08:43 PM
Chris Counts

Lefty O'Doul's Restaurant is an interesting stop and Stevens Creek Sports Cards isn't far away if you're anywhere near San Jose ...
Old 04-29-2010, 08:48 PM
Steve Murray

Yes, I recommend O'Doul's.

Do not, and I repeat, do not try Shalamar.

I'll also be at the game.

See you there!!!

Last edited by Jacklitsch; 04-29-2010 at 08:50 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:03 PM

Default Great!

Thanks you guys!

Jeff
Old 04-29-2010, 10:45 PM
Frank Kealoha Ward

Get to game early and walk around outside of park and marina next to it.

And a good walk is go across Lefty O'Doul Bridge behind stadium and there is a small kids park on other side of McCovey Cove, there is some cool SF baseball related stuff on other side and its good for pics of bay and stadium.

I usually park down by the Bay Bridge and walk along bay shore, its a nice walk especially before a day game. Lots of good deli's and a Gordon Biersch Brewery is along the way too (just north of Bay Bridge).

I had friends nearby, and we used to watch a lot of games for free from the cutout archways in right field back in 2001-2006.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:31 PM
Clayton

It's not baseball,but I would highly recommend this:

1.California Academy of Sciences and Museum
www.calacademy.org

2.San Francisco Exploratorium

Sincerely,Clayton

Last edited by teetwoohsix; 04-30-2010 at 10:32 AM. Reason: add link,spelling
Old 04-29-2010, 11:43 PM
M@rk Lu7z

I recently had the best bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwhich of all time at La Boulange at 500 Hayes St. in San Francisco. The bread and the goat cheese were awesome. It is worth the trip.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:54 PM

Default Great!

Keep the recommendations coming! I ended up pickng up tickets for Sundays game, we are sitting in section 109 if anybody is going to be there and wants to meet up for a beer! And, we are going to try leftys on Sunday as well.

Jeff
Old 04-30-2010, 01:08 AM

Fog City Diner (most locals refer to it as Fog City Cafe)....you won't regret it....you may have seen it in the movie "So I married an Axe Murderer" I eat there every time I go down for games....
Old 04-30-2010, 01:56 AM
Dave Foster

Default Baseball in San Francisco?

For a memorable Italian dinner, try Fior d'Italia off Columbus in North Beach or, Scoma's @ Fisherman's Wharf. Next, a couple blocks hard by Ghiradelli Square is the "BV" - or Buena Vista. Cheap eats and can't be beat for an Irish coffee. Legend has it this is where the drink originated. It's right across from the Powell-Hyde trolley turn-around that takes you back to downtown and Powell / Market. The Ferry Bldg on the Embarcadero has a great Farmer's Market w/ many vendor stalls. Also, at the Ferry Bldg., you can board a Blue & Gold ferry to go over to Sausalito or do Alcatraz. The old vintage PCC street cars run along Market - Embarcadero - Fisherman's Wharf. Nice, cheap nostalgia ride. I live in San Diego and these are some of the must-do's the wife and I hit whenever we go up. Nada like it here! Enjoy!