NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-17-2014, 11:40 PM
Mark Macrae

Default San Francisco Bay Area Show this Saturday (November 22)

The 30th Annual Sports Collectors show will be held this Saturday November 22 at St Leanders Church (Ryan O'Connell Hall) located at 575 West Estudillo in San Leandro. The show features 75 tables (SOLD OUT) covering more than a century of sports items (Cards, Memorabilia, New & Old, Graded & Raw, Several sports). Show hours are 9 AM - 4PM... Admission is $4 (Print this notice for $1 off a single admission) .... No celebrity signings or grading services will be present.....DIRECTIONS DRIVING BY CAR.. Interstate 880 to Davis Street .Exit EAST on Davis.Stay on Davis for approximately 1 mile to Carpentier (1 Block past San Leandro Blvd). Turn right on Carpentier .Stay on Carpentier for 1 block to West Estudillo.Turn right on West Estudillo. One half block on West Estudillo.Turn left into parking lot. 575 West Estudillo is the address.......... TAKE BART (Fremont or Dublin/Pleasanton train) to the San Leandro station. The hall is located directly across the street from the SAN LEANDRO BART station. Need more info...Email me at mark_macrae@comcast.net
Old 11-18-2014, 10:59 AM
Louie Michaud

I'll be there!
Old 11-18-2014, 12:26 PM
C0nor D0na.hue

Wish I could make it. Have a great show, Mark!
Old 11-18-2014, 01:11 PM

Just wanted to say I used to love going to this show when I was still in the Bay Area and always enjoyed talking to the dealers and the nice ladies who work the door.
Old 11-18-2014, 01:58 PM
Jason Wright

Default Great Show!

I too used to frequent this great show throughout the 1980's. My move to the far away shores of England nipped my attendance in the bud but I still harbour fond memories and live in hope that I will make a comeback one day! Good luck with the auction and please keep it going for many year to come (it is one of the few links left to my baseball collecting childhood)! Jason
Old 11-18-2014, 06:29 PM
Luis

I made the show last year and had a great time. I was able to buy several T206 cards and some odd ball stuff. I should be able to make the show again this weekend. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 11-18-2014, 07:40 PM
Rich Klein

I learned a lot about how to do our non-profit show at Adat from chatting and listening to Mark.

While out table peak can be only 50 at our present location, doing slow and measured growth is paramount. And keeping table fees down is good as well.
Old 11-22-2014, 08:03 AM
Dan Carson

Default Great Show

A little bump for a great show!
Old 11-22-2014, 11:02 AM
Dave Ba.lu.ta

Really appreciate the head's up on this show! I'll be bringing my 6-year old son along.

I tend to browse Net54 often to see what's up and messages like this and the auction reminders from Leon have been most welcome. It's actually led to some increased sales in some auctions that were "ending soon" that I either forgot about or didn't even know about. Maybe not huge sales but extra sales none the less...

regards,
-Dave
Old 11-22-2014, 05:38 PM
Louie Michaud

Went today and had an awesome time, probably the most fun I've had at the show since I was 12! Thanks to Mark and everyone else at the tables. Got a Hal Newhouser exhibit, a nice American Caramel from Mark, and a couple nice items I'd like to share:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (74.6 KB, 134 views)
Old 11-22-2014, 05:40 PM
Louie Michaud

A nice postcard from the teens or 20s as well
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (62.0 KB, 132 views)
Old 11-23-2014, 08:45 AM
Mark Macrae

Thanks to those who came out yesterday, especially in light of the huge storm that clobbered Northern California on Saturday morning. Nice to see the regulars, and also to add more than 25 new attendees to the mailing list. A lot of people were walking around with bags full of purchases, and I even added a few PCL photos to the archive. See you at the next one in June