NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-28-2018, 10:55 AM
Pete

Default Newbie T206 collector advice

Hello,

I just started to get back into card collecting after a 35 year hiatus. I started as to rekindle my youth. I always liked the T206 cards but as a kid I never had enough money to purchase them. Now I got a little in my pocket to collect.

I got my feet wet by purchasing a Frank Chance portrait recently. I probably over paid though lol.

I was thinking of collecting the HOF portraits at PSA 3 or lower. Or just the backs. Not looking to spend a truck load of money into the hobby.

I also noticed that all PSA grades of the same numeric grade are not the equal.

Any tips from the experts? Where to buy? Correct pricing? Card condition tips? Etc.

Thanks.

Last edited by Usc1; 06-28-2018 at 11:11 AM.
Old 06-28-2018, 11:04 AM
Luke Lyon

Check out my site

I'm in the middle of a four part series about how to get started with a $100 budget, $500 budget, and $1,000 budget will publish this Sunday. There are a couple hundred other articles that might be helpful as well.

thatt206life.com

Last edited by Luke; 06-28-2018 at 11:04 AM.
Old 06-28-2018, 11:16 AM
Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Check out my site

I'm in the middle of a four part series about how to get started with a $100 budget, $500 budget, and $1,000 budget will publish this Sunday. There are a couple hundred other articles that might be helpful as well.

thatt206life.com
Great website with lots of info.

I’m finding that getting cards in the price ranges you mention to be very challenging. Any tips?
Old 06-28-2018, 11:25 AM
Luke Lyon

It does seem like HOFers are hotter right now than they were not too long ago. If that keeps up, my price ranges might be a little optimistic. Generally, I'd suggest being patient and focusing on auctions when you're getting started. Since you need a bunch of different cards, you can afford to go slow and just buy the ones that fall into a price range you're happy with.

Ebay and Sterling Auctions are great places to bid on individual cards. Other auction houses are great too, but ebay is running constantly, and Sterling has a new auction every month.

The BST here and facebook groups can be good places to buy also.
Old 06-28-2018, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usc1 View Post

Any tips from the experts? Where to buy? Correct pricing? Card condition tips? Etc.

Thanks.
EBay is a good place to buy, especially if you can get cards on auction. Sign up for EBay bucks. For example today you can get 10% back to spend in July. The specials they run can help bridge the gap between what sellers are asking and what you should pay. Also, watch on here for when auction house are running their auctions. They always have t206s in there, you just have to wait for the player and condition that you want.

PSAcard.com has an auction prices section where you can enter t206 and the player's name and it will bring up sales. You can also filter auctions only for PSA 3. You can also pay to join Vintage Card Prices. They have similar information, but also for other grading companies besides PSA.

Since you are looking for PSA 3, just type in PSA 3 t206 on EBay and you can see the condition range and decide what you want to buy. It seems like cards in the newer PSA holders with hologram stickers on the label are graded more strictly and accurately. Cards in the old holders are often overgraded in my opinion.
Old 06-28-2018, 06:19 PM
Ryan

I’m new as well and created a similar thread here -

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=252795

I’ve been scouring eBay almost daily and the best deals always tend to come by way of actual auctions, not so much BINs unless you can get the card at a decent offer.

Whatever you decide to do, just enjoy the ride
Old 06-28-2018, 09:49 PM

Default welcome

guys!

I am obsessed with 206

Lukes website is awesome! very smart guy...

also check out this website

http://www.t206resource.com/Checklist%20Main.html

email me with any 206 questions...

whats hot t206???- 206 green cobbs, 206 cobbs other 3 poses(bat on, bat off, red port), rare backs, hofers, rarities....(plank , magie) variations

Old 06-30-2018, 10:48 AM
Pete

Thanks for all the advice.