NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 03-14-2017, 09:57 AM
Stonepony's Avatar
Stonepony Stonepony is offline
Dave_Berg
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: STL
Posts: 1,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
If it is adhered to it will only be for this one bidder and because Leon emailed them and posted he did on this forum.

Otherwise it will be business as usual.
without question
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-14-2017, 10:01 AM
bnorth's Avatar
bnorth bnorth is online now
Ben North
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 3,880
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
I thought that too, but thought, just maybe, if Brent knows that collectors are watching a little more thoroughly now, he may also, to save face, have to do the same?
I have been a member for close to 4 years now and this is the pattern I see. Someone calls them out, they respond with how they are working with eBay and have implemented new rules to solve the problem.

Then there are 3 different responses.
1) WOW it is great they are doing this and helping solve shilling and other bad things. I figure these are paid advertisements or delusional posters.

2) Same thing different day because if they are selling what I want I will bid no matter what. Hey at least they are honest.

3) People quit bidding in their auctions. Very few fit in this category because stuff trumps everything in this hobby.

IMHO this is how I see it.
__________________
T210 Series 3 Ft Worth, looking for low end examples and especially ones with a Y shaped hole punch. I also have some extra T210's for trade.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-14-2017, 10:06 AM
gregr2's Avatar
gregr2 gregr2 is offline
Greg Ryk0w$k1
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: West Melbourne, Florida
Posts: 1,166
Default

It is sad that the top 3 topics on the board are all dealing with PWCC and bidding in their auctions.Capture.JPG
__________________
Numerous successful transactions on Net54, just ask for references.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-14-2017, 10:10 AM
bnorth's Avatar
bnorth bnorth is online now
Ben North
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 3,880
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregr2 View Post
It is sad that the top 3 topics on the board are all dealing with PWCC and bidding in their auctions.Attachment 265804
I agree. It would be awesome if they would really clean up their act so this was not a subject on here.
__________________
T210 Series 3 Ft Worth, looking for low end examples and especially ones with a Y shaped hole punch. I also have some extra T210's for trade.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-14-2017, 10:12 AM
ullmandds's Avatar
ullmandds ullmandds is offline
pete ullman
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: saint paul, mn
Posts: 7,448
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
I agree. It would be awesome if they would really clean up their act so this was not a subject on here.
im afraid this may never go away...and if it does so will the hobby!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-14-2017, 10:28 AM
irv's Avatar
irv irv is offline
D@le Irv*n
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Ontario, Canada.
Posts: 3,285
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
I have been a member for close to 4 years now and this is the pattern I see. Someone calls them out, they respond with how they are working with eBay and have implemented new rules to solve the problem.

Then there are 3 different responses.
1) WOW it is great they are doing this and helping solve shilling and other bad things. I figure these are paid advertisements or delusional posters.

2) Same thing different day because if they are selling what I want I will bid no matter what. Hey at least they are honest.

3) People quit bidding in their auctions. Very few fit in this category because stuff trumps everything in this hobby.

IMHO this is how I see it.
You're likely right, Ben, but I was just thinking, due to the recent, unwanted attention PWCC has received lately, that maybe they'd actually adhere to their own rules and put forth an effort to abide by them.

I likely haven't been around here long enough to see that history likely repeats itself, but here's hoping it won't.

I'll be honest, I have purchased from PWCC in the past but with the recent posts, among other things, has really made me open my eyes and be a little more careful who I purchase from.
They had some nice slabbed 52's last night that sold on the cheap, imo, that I would have liked, but I just couldn't bring myself to it.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-14-2017, 10:36 AM
jfkheat jfkheat is offline
James
James Kin.chen
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SC
Posts: 338
Default

The only way bid retraction will ever stop is if eBay removes it as an option. What eBay needs to do is make it so that the bidder has to contact the seller if they want a bid cancelled.
James
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-14-2017, 10:37 AM
Bpm0014's Avatar
Bpm0014 Bpm0014 is offline
Brendan Mullen
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 1,689
Default

I've been on ebay for like 15 years and have zero (0) bid retractions. I couldn't fathom 8 or 26
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-14-2017, 11:00 AM
Thromdog Thromdog is offline
J3ff
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 712
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwolf1963 View Post
How does this happen? Do any of you have more than 1 bid retraction .. if that??
Been wanting to answer this one and saw an opportunity with Ed's question.

Yes, I am one of them. I have no bid retractions in the last 30 days but have 10 in the last 6 months. I did receive a warning from PWCC but shrugged it off since I hadn't retracted any bids with PWCC. I understand the warning and have been better.

2 reasons I have retracted bids:
1. Bid on 4 or 5 cards that I found out were reprints after bidding (very good fakes I might add)....this was after contacting seller
2. Simply wrote in the wrong amount such as $245 instead of $24.50

I get the concerns on bid retractions especially when they are associated to a single seller, but you have to have a little more basis for banning a buyer.

I currently bid on most t206 auctions that have low starting prices. I bid on virtually all of Brent's non-HOF listings which ended on Sunday, for example. I won 3 total auctions and was very happy about it.

Unfortunately bidding through your phone doesn't do a confirmation before placing the bid. Anyone who texts frequently knows that you go through the motions and continue on.....fast. Unfortunately I don't press the decimal sometimes and then I have to retract a bid. For those who haven't retracted bids, I will add that this is a valid reason for a bid retraction by eBay rules if outside of 12 hours of auction end. Plus if you still want to bid on the auction, your minimum bid has to be equal to your retracted bid.......so basically you are out of the auction.

There's more to it than a bid retraction.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-14-2017, 11:25 AM
Leon's Avatar
Leon Leon is online now
Leon
peasant/forum owner
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: near Dallas
Posts: 23,812
Default

Nothing personal but if i sold on ebay I would probably block you. I call it too many issues for me to deal with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thromdog View Post
Been wanting to answer this one and saw an opportunity with Ed's question.

Yes, I am one of them. I have no bid retractions in the last 30 days but have 10 in the last 6 months. I did receive a warning from PWCC but shrugged it off since I hadn't retracted any bids with PWCC. I understand the warning and have been better.

2 reasons I have retracted bids:
1. Bid on 4 or 5 cards that I found out were reprints after bidding (very good fakes I might add)....this was after contacting seller
2. Simply wrote in the wrong amount such as $245 instead of $24.50

I get the concerns on bid retractions especially when they are associated to a single seller, but you have to have a little more basis for banning a buyer.

I currently bid on most t206 auctions that have low starting prices. I bid on virtually all of Brent's non-HOF listings which ended on Sunday, for example. I won 3 total auctions and was very happy about it.

Unfortunately bidding through your phone doesn't do a confirmation before placing the bid. Anyone who texts frequently knows that you go through the motions and continue on.....fast. Unfortunately I don't press the decimal sometimes and then I have to retract a bid. For those who haven't retracted bids, I will add that this is a valid reason for a bid retraction by eBay rules if outside of 12 hours of auction end. Plus if you still want to bid on the auction, your minimum bid has to be equal to your retracted bid.......so basically you are out of the auction.

There's more to it than a bid retraction.
__________________
Leon Luckey

Last edited by Leon; 03-14-2017 at 11:26 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OT 599 retractions Peter_Spaeth Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 18 03-06-2016 06:28 PM
Are 128 bid retractions a lot? frankbmd Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 27 05-21-2014 05:39 PM
136 Bid Retractions in 6 mos?! Edwolf1963 Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 9 04-05-2014 10:44 PM
Ebay retractions Peter_Spaeth Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 20 08-08-2013 07:53 PM
How do you see eBay bid retractions Buythatcard Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 3 02-17-2013 03:50 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:31 PM.


ebay GSB