NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 03-09-2010, 01:00 PM

Default Cy Young

If Authenticated how much would this go for?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cy young auto 001.jpg (69.6 KB, 242 views)
File Type: jpg cyback.jpg (59.4 KB, 235 views)
Old 03-09-2010, 01:40 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default don't think so

I am no autograph expert but if that pen with the signature is the same pen on back, and the date is correct, Cy had been deceased for about 13 yrs when he signed it. He passed away in Nov of 1955. If it was real, and the pic is him, I would venture to guess $350-$750....but auto experts will know much more. Mine is only a guess.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:50 PM
Scott

LOL bout the Pen Ink color comment..

If its real and such, probably on the higher end of the scale. I dont think CY is real common on photos, even on later in life ones.
Old 03-09-2010, 04:23 PM

Young signatures are tough to authenticate, but if you get the blessings from JSA or PSA/DNA, you are looking at around $700-800 in this form.

DanC
Old 03-09-2010, 05:31 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

I think it should bring 4 figures with a Spence or PSA Letter.

I have seen this item before, and want to say it sold for $1,100 - $1,200 (not sure if it was this very one or a different one... probably in Hunt's).

As mentioned above, Young is much more common on Index Cards and Cuts than on photos like this.
Old 03-09-2010, 05:41 PM

Default Cy Young signed photo

I have seen this signed photo on eBay. My 1st impression is that the sig looks right to me and I collect his autograph. This appears to be a decent example of his later life sig. I would tell you that his autograph is frequently faked and I would be leery of buying this item without examining it up close. I would actually estimate it's potential value at north of the range that was thrown out there in this thread. Maybe $1200 or so if it is deemed real.

BTW- The deal breaker for me as a collector was that this photo of 'Ol Cy is not one that I particularly liked to look at. He obviously is on his last leg. I would prefer to purchase a photo of Cy during his playing days. Note the pen(s) in his breast pocket. He was definately a prolific signer back in his day.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:08 PM

Default Original Photo, and authentic sig

I recieved the photo from my great uncle, who had a killer collection, when i was 12, along with a hat of cy's. My great uncle recieved the photo from john benedum, who cy lived with from 1930's on. When cy died he left his estate to john and ruth benedum, thats why the photo reads from john benedum on the back. And the photo was signed with a blue ball point pen, the writing on the back is in green marker, and 1968 is when my uncle recieved it. I know that it's the "real deal", and I know that hat was cy's, it's proving it that's difficult. THe hat, I belive is from 1935. Cy started a traveling team of retired players, it was a bust, and cy returned to the benedum's home that same year. Any help on the hat would be greatly appericated, I know someone out there may know something about it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CIMG3170.jpg (71.1 KB, 150 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG3169.jpg (73.0 KB, 149 views)
Old 03-09-2010, 06:18 PM

Default $$$$

Usuallly the Post cards go for at least 1,000. Now the Photo's allways bring more. And you can't find an autographed cy young photo, young or old cy, in good shape with a nice strong sig. I"m thinking of traveling to chicago to have psa authenicate it, is there an easier way, sending it in soulds pretty risky?
Old 03-09-2010, 06:40 PM

I did see one sell on eBay last year sell for $900 (w/ JSA), and I sold a 5x7 signed photo two years ago for $550.

And this one was offered on the N54 a while back for $1,250. I may be a little low in my estimate.

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...ighlight=young

DanC
Old 03-09-2010, 06:50 PM

Hey I goy mine off of the bay, I love it, it looks awesome:

Old 03-10-2010, 06:27 AM
Steve F
St.eve F@llet.ti

Roncey drops in like an a-bomb.

Some would think it a detraction. But, the vintage typing from the original collector make's it extra special. Wicked sweet.

Go Sox,
Steve