NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 02-16-2024, 08:37 PM
Christopher
Chr.is Gl@sby

Default Authenticity Guarantee FAIL

Anyone ever have a psa graded card pass authentication after purchasing but failed after selling? Even though it was never taken out of the AG sleeve? Just happened to me.
Old 02-16-2024, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popcorn View Post
Anyone ever have a psa graded card pass authentication after purchasing but failed after selling? Even though it was never taken out of the AG sleeve? Just happened to me.
....so what exactly is the "guarantee"?
NY Highlanders & Fed League Signatures
....and Japanese Menko Baseball Cards

https://japanesemenkoarchive.blogspot.com/
Old 02-17-2024, 01:42 AM

Would love to learn more details about this one...very troubling for a variety of reasons. Can you share the underlying facts of the case?
Old 02-17-2024, 05:53 AM
Will.i.@m $t@dy

Default Authenticity Guarantee FAIL

My initial thought is something in the listing you created didn’t match the item correctly, so it failed on that technicality. Not that the card was now deemed inauthentic or anything along those lines. But more details are needed. A link to your listing might clear it up.

If you want a card, you might not get a deal. If you want a deal, you might not get a card.

Last edited by CardPadre; 02-17-2024 at 06:13 AM.
Old 02-18-2024, 11:18 AM

EBAY guarantee is a crap shoot. I have sold Bazooka cards that were blessed but recently had a Bazooka card fail the guarantee but still shipped to the customer.

In a phone call they claimed a Bazooka card is not a baseball card because it is cut off a box with no stats and thus a box topper and not a baseball card and they view them as such.

I pointed out they did bless past Bazooka card sales (One recently) and since the card was graded the card went to PSA for authentication. I pointed out if you went to the PSA website and clicked on Pop report, click on Baseball Cards, click on 1966, that indeed PSA sees Bazooka cards as cards.

The guy sounded like Baghdad Bob and just repeated him self over and over.

I had a Kahn's card fail and was shipped back to me. I relisted it and it passed the second time.

It will drive you mad.
Old 02-18-2024, 02:30 PM
Tim Odeen

These stories are becoming so common that it's obvious that ebay promoted someone over authentication that had no business being there, and they have made changes that have ruined what was a fairly successful anti-fraud measure.

Trying to redefine "baseball card" is the worst blunder. They need to adopt SCD catalogue and leave it at that.

We are now witnessing the Peter Principle.

Sent from my SM-G9900 using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo
Old 02-21-2024, 12:54 PM
Christopher
Chr.is Gl@sby

Currently in contact with eBay about the situation. Why was it authorized in the first place if it’s bad?? I sent them the link from my purchase. They are looking into what they can do for me. It was an expensive card.
Old 02-21-2024, 01:32 PM
Will.i.@m $t@dy

Quote:
Currently in contact with eBay about the situation. Why was it authorized in the first place if it’s bad?? I sent them the link from my purchase. They are looking into what they can do for me. It was an expensive card.

Posting the link to your listing so we can all get a little context would be helpful.

If you want a card, you might not get a deal. If you want a deal, you might not get a card.
Old 02-21-2024, 05:02 PM
J0hn Collin$

As I've said in different contexts here many times before - eBay has never invested in the category expertise / knowledge among their staff that would be required to become marginally competent at overseeing even a fraction of what they sell under their name in terms of sports collectibles.

That this kind of thing happens on the regular with 3rd party re-authenticators, left to be explained by clueless customer service reps fresh off the streets is hardly surprising at this point.

Last edited by jchcollins; 02-21-2024 at 05:02 PM.
Old 02-25-2024, 06:34 PM
Christopher
Chr.is Gl@sby

Wish I could say they are being more helpful but NO. Asking for a refund from my original purchase that was 5 figures because they now determine the card/slab is bad is reasonable to me.

Makes me want to go back to a PO Box cuz I never had a problem before this mess lol I was able to determine myself if a card graded or raw was good or not for almost 20 yr on there no problem. They said it was a good graded psa card so I took their word for for it.

Last edited by Popcorn; 02-25-2024 at 06:44 PM.
Old 03-01-2024, 07:28 AM

I had a similar situation with an "Authenticiy Guaranty" but eBay found a way to make it right and gave me a refund. I was pleasantly surprised.
Old 04-01-2024, 09:51 PM
Al Stein

Quote:
Wish I could say they are being more helpful but NO. Asking for a refund from my original purchase that was 5 figures because they now determine the card/slab is bad is reasonable to me.

Makes me want to go back to a PO Box cuz I never had a problem before this mess lol I was able to determine myself if a card graded or raw was good or not for almost 20 yr on there no problem. They said it was a good graded psa card so I took their word for for it.
OK so let me see if I understand.

You bought a PSA graded card on ebay. The seller sent it to PSA for authentication and they approved it.

Then later you resold it on ebay, sent the card to PSA for a second authentication and they rejected it?

That is a crazy story. Do you have any idea why PSA did what they did?

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk